Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Official Duratrax Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 10:37 PM
Mastec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Duratrax Truck Thread

I just recently moved here from Franklin...know where that is? Lived there for 5 years.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:48 PM
madblunted

Ok i waited untill the flame war was over..
I have 1 Overdrive St, which is down right now because the front cvds are out, I know I could drive it but, why I have 2 losi XXX nts if I wanted to drive A 2wd I have those. Anyways, as the owner of these two very different type of vehicles, I can tell you these things,

I thought at one time my Overdrive ST was faster than my Losi XXX nt. It accelerates quicker. The 2 speed is for ACCELLERATION not top speed. The losi XXX nt beats it on top speed, me and a buddy had to drag race them since he just had to know. I drove the losi and since it was easier to drive, I let him drive the ODST. My ODST whipped the losi's ass off the line, and if it was maybe a 100 ft drag race it would have beat the losi, but we ran untill we ran out of parking lot space, and this was a really large parking lot. The XXX NT has way more top end speed. Even though its a 1 speed.

So if your a racer, I am betting you would want to have a 2 speed transmission because the smaller spur gear makes your truck accellerate like a raped ape.

Owning both trucks, they both seem to have issues. The ODST has a weak bulkhead/shock tower mount. and the XXX Nt has weaker front suspension arms. Both are cool. I love the looks of the ODST better than the XXX nt, but I love jumping my XXX nt. And I seem to enjoy my XXX nt more as it does seem to be a more durable truck.

As far as the kit thing goes, my next truck is going to be in kit form, as I have had enough experience with cleaning/ rebuilding, servicing, etc. I have the radios and reciever from my other trucks. I am thinking I am going to get a mugen MST-1 or an Adam Drake XXX nt. Both seem to be bad ass trucks. If i get another 4x4 it will be a Losi LST monster truck when they start selling them or a Savage 25.

I love nitro, but I also love my mini t, and love playing w/ my son's traxxas bandit, which btw w/ the 17 turn amber in it goes as fast as the Overdrive st, and if it could get the traction I know it would out accellerate it.

But I have seen both sides of the argument, no reason to flame each other, if you have x brand cool, leave it at that, if you have problems w/ duratrax and want to flame it keep it to yourself, because maybe you didnt have the patience to fix it, this dont mean you should shame others because they took on the task of upkeeping a nitro and maybe they want some pointers on doing this.

BTW for the price the ODST was a no brainer.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:49 PM
$cope

Franklin township? I think that's like 45 min from here 79th and Georgetown here
Old 03-07-2004, 10:57 PM
$cope

BTW for the price the ODST was a no brainer.
What do you mean by that? I see your side, but there will always be a disagreement... it's just facts, on the stat sheet, the odst gets at the nitro sport. Just fair and square...altho flaming is also an informative way to prove your point, altho it may be leaned one way, ne way as for me im goin to bed, see ya, and for all you that had to witness that War, "I'm sorry."

"good night"
Old 03-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Mastec

ORIGINAL: $cope

Franklin township? I think that's like 45 min from here 79th and Georgetown here
Town of Franklin, 20 minutes south of Indy on 65.
Old 03-07-2004, 11:11 PM
ComBatMan2k3

ive been thinkin about gettin another truck...im leanin towards the thunder quake...from what ive read its huge...im just wunderin if their are any real good hop-ups for it??
Old 03-07-2004, 11:52 PM
madblunted

My Overdrive ST was 300 bucks new from tower hobbies. My XXX nt RTR was 339 from my lhs, and that is the price at most places.

So when purchasing my first Nitro Truck I wanted a 4x4 stadium truck, w/ all the features this truck has, for 300 bucks it was a "no brainer"
Old 03-08-2004, 08:21 AM
MotorPsyko

Default RE: RE: Official Duratrax Truck Thread

One of my coworkers recently got a Thunder Quake.

From my observations of it, it seems like a decent truck all around. I wouldn't say it's competition class material but the thing is a beast, yes it's big, it's pretty fast and he beats the snot out of it and it keeps going. The shock towers and body posts have a tendancy to bend... but they are usually easily bent back.

He initially had a problem with the 2nd gear coming loose but a little thread locking compound fixed that real quick.

Hop ups? what more do you need? Out of curiosity I did a cursory check and didn't find much in the way of hop ups for the TQ but it's pretty solid as it is. In contrast one of my other co workers recently got a Savage 25... He's spent quite a few $ already fixing broken stuff on it heh... then again I've seen him drive it... he spends more time chasing after it to turn it over than actually driving the thing.

Did I mention that the TQ comes with reverse?

Overall I'd say that the TQ would be good for a casual basher. The price point on it is unbeatable.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:44 AM
Nitroaddict

Default RE: RE: Official Duratrax Truck Thread

STOP FIGHTING!
Old 03-08-2004, 04:27 PM
Bush Wacker

Default RE: RE: RE: Official Duratrax Truck Thread

How many of yall recomend the ODST?
Old 03-08-2004, 04:53 PM
$cope

personally, i would recommend it, but since i seem to get posts deleted.... i can't recommend any trucks..... But if i had to, i'd say yes (altho im somwhat new)
Old 03-08-2004, 04:57 PM
rifler917

IAM JUST SAYING DURATRAX SUCK. AND YES I DO HAVE A DURATRAX.
Old 03-08-2004, 05:21 PM
madblunted

I recommend it if you are wanting a 4x4 that isnt as big as a savage or tmaxx, you can but the larger wheels on it and make it look like a little monster truck, which I am planning on doing sometime.
Old 03-08-2004, 05:26 PM
Mastec

I dont know if this has been posted, I searched and found nothing. But the Losi XX-T graphite shock towers fit on the Evader plus many more parts will swap between the two.
Old 03-08-2004, 05:31 PM
madblunted

Yeah I heard that a few of the losi parts can interchange w/ the evader, I dont know about rims or a arms.
Old 03-08-2004, 05:41 PM
MotorPsyko

xxt rims will work on an evader
Old 03-08-2004, 06:56 PM
Sypro

my nitro sport is worth 250 and im selling it and buying a sportmaxx and a siro.27 carbon fiber chassis, shock towers etc. i dunno my sport is not tough because all the parts are plastic and graphite but the shocktowers, like i said i race and weight is essential. but when you learn how to talk and learn somthing about REAL RC cars then i will talk to you. i dunno about the new dura trax cars/truck but the old ones were hella ****ty me and my friends had some, and we could not go 2 days with out breaking a part and we coulden't even drive them hard cause the parts snapped like cheap plastic, o wait. But if your satified with you'r dura trax thats fine by me, you can think what you wanna think, even if its not true, what ever makes you happy.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:54 PM
msdtyu

should i get a maximum mt pro because im thinking about one.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:15 PM
$cope

I would recommend the Maximum ST or ST Pro before I'd recommend the MT. If you are looking for speed and truck-like features I'd go with the ST, but if you just a monster truck then I suppose you could go with the MT. But if you want a monster truck I'd recommend the Duratrax Thunder Quake. (Discontinue... find on ebay or online retailer)
Old 02-14-2006, 12:15 AM
Kemo

Ha, scope is back?
Old 02-14-2006, 01:24 AM
$cope

Yea, $cope is kinda back... why? Who's askin? (If I may ask)
Old 02-17-2006, 04:31 PM
msdtyu

should i get a maximum mt pro because alot of people say its not worth it and its crap.[:@]
Old 02-18-2006, 12:57 AM
87goldtub_rc10

I have two odst's. One I got for $75 of ebay and gave it new diffs along with some alum arms. The odst is good because it can be a mid size monster or an st for the track.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47692.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	410393   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id97426.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	410394   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq38715.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	410395  
Old 02-18-2006, 09:05 AM
msdtyu

ok im convinced im buying a mt pro what brakes alot on it and what hopups do you recamend right away
Old 03-01-2006, 03:52 PM
northeastboi

I just got my MT PRO engine broke-in and I'm looking for some input and advice for tire upgrade.I want something that will hook up well on a hard packed dirt track,but I don't want to downsize to much to like a st tire.I should also add that I have installed a Fantom pipe,a Jeep Rubicon body,and Venom failsafe and temp gauge.All my other r/c's are electric boats,and a TC3.Any advice on improving this truck would be greatly appreciated.BOI