RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Official Thunder Tiger DT10 thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 12:54 PM
petemillis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Thunder Tiger DT10 thread

Hi folks.

Just bought a new DT-10 as first nitro car. But having teething problems with engine. I've set it up as per manual to run slightly rich at top end. But I'm having a problem in that it will only run with the glow starter attached - even if I let it warm up for 30 seconds. As soon as I detach the glow starter and try it dies after a second. I understand this is probably too rich mixture, but surely the mixture adjuster (2.5 turns out, + another 0.25 turn out to richen it) only affects high speed running. It just bogs and dies all the time.
Could the stock glow plug be the issue? Are they really crap? The model shop gave me another one when I bought the truck that they said was much better than the stock. But I don't want to knacker this if the stock one isn't the problem.
Am I screwing up on the mixture adjustment somewhere along the line?

Also, the clutch housing has darkened already with only a few minutes of use. I assume this is normal, but would like to know if not.

Many thanks in advance.
Pete
Old 05-16-2006, 05:35 AM
petemillis

Put in the glow plug recommended by the model shop, re-adjusted high speed to 2.5 turns out, readjusted idle and slightly increased low speed nozzle - now it runs like a good'un. The break-in procedure for this engine in this truck seems to be what most people recommend now - i.e. heat cycling - so had a good few blasts with periods of WOT while keeping the mix a touch rich. Got through 3 tanks this morning.
Had one problem - one of the batteries came loose in the supplied battery carrier - so what happened? The truck when full speed straight ahead, and fortunately ended up grounded in some long grass! Put the pack in the other way now the batteries can't fall out.
Then I had to call it a day as the screw on the front left track control arm unscrewed itself!
Really nice thing is that the engine is starting first pull with the glow starter on, and it keeps running when I take it off!

ONE QUESTION - will the RX work ok with 4.8V instead of 6V? I've got some highcapacity NiMH batteries here that I'd rather use.

Cheers
Pete
Old 05-15-2007, 06:43 AM
timmsy

hi i see you have a thunder tiger has ur pull start ever brok on you as mine just keeps braking
Old 08-13-2007, 04:23 PM
dt10_racer

hi guys, i was just seein how ur brake is on ur dt10 bcuz mine isnt very sharp.i was wondering weather i need a new brake disc becasue mine isnt very thick!?

also wen my car has been runnin there is oil/ nitro on an around the engine where it looks like its leaked out of, iv looked and cant really see if its leakin tho?
cud any1 help?

cheers
chris

Old 09-02-2007, 10:18 AM
leon540atb

Hi, just got a secondhand thunder tiger DT-10. This is my first nitro car and i dont know much. Been researching about the car and its seems that they break quite easily. Whats their offroad capabilitys and what are they like jumping etc? Also is there any parts you can get to make them stronger and better?
Thanks.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:44 AM
prinzefranciz

Hello guys am newy and a begginer n nitro cars, i just bought a DT10 and doesnt have a manual so no idea about the parts just understand how it works. I have a problem regarding the gear below the engine, sorry i dont know what it calls, the small gear that turns the big gear that connects to the wheels, it start slipng and just want to know if that small gear, ist normally loose wc coz am thinking that may be there is a washer missing inside of it. Or is there anyone can send me a manual or parts disciption of Thundr tiger DT10 so at least i know some of the parts. I love this car and i want to keep it in good condtion. Thanks guys
Old 06-24-2008, 11:36 AM
windowlicker

Does anyone know what size tyres the DT10 requires? I'm looking at a pair of proline Bow-tie buggy tires:

http://www.prolineracing.com/p-447-bow-tie.aspx

Would these fit?
Old 02-25-2009, 09:42 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone from this old thread know what this THUNDER TIGER might be?
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_85...tm.htm#8518852