Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

the waiting game

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 04:46 PM
Tolano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the waiting game

today is the first of 6 days until my truck comes. i noticed that jagzilla is also waiting for parts for his truck and im sure there are others out there. so if you are waiting for parts for your truck or the actual truck itself use this thread to entertain yourself in the meantime. ill start it off with what i plan to do the moment my truck arrives.

step 1 - hug the ups guy
step 2 - get something to cut the tape with
step 3 - admire my new truck
*bonus step, HURRAY!* take picture of my boring rtr to post on forums now that i know how to post pictures
step 4 - push on the shocks and roll it down the hall
step 5 - spend a few minutes reading about the break in process in the owners manual
step 6 - begin break in
step 7 - finish break in and start bashing, woohoo!

omg i cant wait.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:49 PM
madblunted

Default RE: the waiting game

I hate waiting for stuff lol.. I am waiting for a CF shock tower for my Mini t, and some glow plugs for my NT.

I am also very anxiously waiting for my new iPod, which is killing me!
Old 08-27-2004, 05:32 PM
Hpi_mt2

yeh i dont like to wait for things if i do i'll get really really p/o
Old 08-27-2004, 05:34 PM
ICrashThings

My battery thing broke so im waiting too...[]
But hey, im use to it!
Old 08-27-2004, 06:13 PM
Jagzilla

Well I just fired up my credit card and ordered my nose tube mounts, and a few other things from the Canadian mail order outfit that they told me about on my posting. Hopefully I'll have my parts a lot sooner than the 2 weeks or so that the LHS was gonna take. Ordered a new crowd pleazer body and rpm body mounts as well, so soon my truck will be stylin' as well as runnin'
Jag
Old 08-27-2004, 07:40 PM
ICrashThings

cool jag.

Hey, when i bought my GT RTR from this hobby shop in PA 3 years ago, it was small. my dad said it grew alot since then and we might take a little trip up there. ima show the guy the GT now and tell him i am still running my diamond spike tires after all these years...
Old 08-27-2004, 08:05 PM
Jagzilla

I'm sure he'll be impressed, your current RC10Gt is lookin' mighty fine! I'm gonna paint my new Crowd Pleazer body with chameleon paint that I've been saving for a special occasion. I was gonna do up a body for my NTC-3 in it, but now I will be selling the car, so I'll use the paint on the new truck body I ordered. Should look cool. I'll post a pic when it's finished.
Jag
Old 08-27-2004, 08:10 PM
ICrashThings

ORIGINAL: Jagzilla

I'm sure he'll be impressed, your current RC10Gt is lookin' mighty fine! I'm gonna paint my new Crowd Pleazer body with chameleon paint that I've been saving for a special occasion. I was gonna do up a body for my NTC-3 in it, but now I will be selling the car, so I'll use the paint on the new truck body I ordered. Should look cool. I'll post a pic when it's finished.
Jag
DUDE STOP RELIVING MY LIFE!!!!

I sold my NTC3 and bought stuff for my GT!!!!

Why you selling yours? same reason?
Old 08-29-2004, 06:47 AM
Jagzilla

I'm selling my NTC-3 because there is no where to run it around here, and no one that seems to have cars to go bashing with. This seems to be Strictly a "off road" town where I live.The one parking lot in this area big enough has a certain a-hole living by it that's *****ing up a storm about the noise, so it's hit a point where I can't even drive it there. Plus, I'm forever picking up tiny rocks in the spur or clutch gears that are thrashing the spur gears. I'm going through spur gears like crazy on the car. I really love the car, but I'm giving up on it. I hope it gets a good home. Probably will buy another GT for my kids or wife to drive so we can go bashing against each other.
Jag
Old 08-29-2004, 02:13 PM
ICrashThings

lol im probably gonna buy a new ntc3 cause a kid around where i live has one and i mean my GT is great but i wanna street car bash with the kid.[8D]
Old 08-29-2004, 07:06 PM
Tolano

3 down 3 to go.

almost there!
Old 08-29-2004, 08:23 PM
sdarviavgeer1521

ahh i hate waiting for stuff...unfortunatly i always end up having to wait for stuff...
Old 08-29-2004, 08:25 PM
ICrashThings

ORIGINAL: sdarviavgeer1521

ahh i hate waiting for stuff...unfortunatly i always end up having to wait for stuff...
ditto.
i didnt even run 2 tanks in my GT after i fixed the spur problem and then it died again...i have bad luck.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:10 PM
Loser.

im waiting a a couple things right now [:@]
-rpm reciever box
-a shipment of like every size e clip you could imagine some 4 my r/c some for my dads 1:1 car
-hopefully by the time christmas rolls around ill be eagerly awaiting a new os cvr .12[&:]
Old 08-30-2004, 03:05 PM
Nitro_Evader_Basher

I'm waiting for the front bumper and rear shock tower for my evader st. luckily they're still on warrenty but it sucks not being able to drive my truck.
Old 08-31-2004, 04:18 AM
Tolano

well 4 hours in to day 5. i think i can make it! on a side note, here are a few things i have found that help the time pass:

1. eating
2. sleeping
3. watching movies
4. avoiding rc at all costs (for fear of invoking the feeling known as "want" which may lead to sleepless nights)
playing video games, especially ones that take multiple days to complete and/or progress in yet still keep you entertained. i recommend halo, diablo 2, everquest(if you dont mind the $12 a month fee to play), goldeneye for the n64, amped 2 for the xbox
5. reading (remember, avoid rc magazines if you wish your days to go by speedily)
6. listening to music and trying to dance (make sure you are alone for this as it may cause anyone else in the room to burst in to fits of uncontrollable laughter)
7. playing online poker
8. give your dog a bath (he/she/it needs it, trust me)
9. give your cat a bath. painful, but amusing. take some pictures and post them.
10. get a laser pointer and make your cat chase it, they love it and you will think it is funny, especially when they run after it full blast into a wall.
11. engage in a lengthy heartfelt conversation with your parents/spouse. (this is a last resort, as your said individuals may think you have finally "grown up" and will stop playing with your little radio controlled "toys" which may cause you to have a bit of explaining later on)
12. if all else fails call ups every 5 minutes and ask them when your package will arrive, without giving them your tracking number.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:13 AM
Fantom_15_GT

LOL thats a long list[:@]
Old 08-31-2004, 05:20 PM
Tolano

well, i slept until 3pm today, so thats another 10 hours down! hurray for tomorrow!
Old 08-31-2004, 05:21 PM
ICrashThings

ORIGINAL: Tolano

well, i slept until 3pm today, so thats another 10 hours down! hurray for tomorrow!
I use to do that...then school came along.[sm=surprised.gif]
Old 08-31-2004, 05:58 PM
aero528
My Feedback: (9)

yeah i have to wait for my new heli. shipping shouldent take so long! yeah i hate school, takes up so much of the day.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:35 PM
Tolano

i dont go back to school until the 13th, so meh =P
Old 08-31-2004, 06:56 PM
Loser.

haha i dont go back till the 7th haha but ill be a freshie and i have to deal with that then...lol had oreintation today man my new school is freakin huge!!!
anyways back on topic
my e-clips arrived today just intime for me to run my truck once before it got too dark... (zip ties a flashlight to the top of the front shock tower [sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif])
and yes i agree D2 passes Massive time in fact... i dont remember any of last years summer i was hooked on that game lol!
Old 08-31-2004, 07:07 PM
nitroracer20

ya im waiting too. Im getting a ths pipe, replacement stuff for my bumper, some fuel tubing and a fuel filter. Tomorrow it should be in!!!! If it doesnt come in im going to be pissed b/c tomorrow is mi b-day and i want to use it tomorrow!!!!
Old 08-31-2004, 07:38 PM
ICrashThings

Buy the time my truck is fixed it be too cold to drive it...i hate my parents.[&o]

Edit: And my stupid lhs for not having the part i need!!!!![:@]
Old 09-01-2004, 01:34 AM
Tolano

woohoo, it is officially wednesday! even if it is only 1:30 am. so im gonna get some sleep and wake up and go get my haircut, and by the time i get back my truck should be here. so ill post some pictures of me screwing up the break in, and then driving it into a wall full throttle and breaking a lot of stuff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.