Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

losi xxx-nt rtr vs. ofna ultra mbx pro rtr

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

losi xxx-nt rtr vs. ofna ultra mbx pro rtr

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 01:18 AM
gwood.06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default losi xxx-nt rtr vs. ofna ultra mbx pro rtr

hi, i'm a first time buyer of nitro cars and i'm trying to decide whether to buy the losi xxx-nt rtr or ofna ultra mbx pro rtr. what are some of the pluses and minuses of the two? which has better handling, acceleration, braking, durability and replacement part availibility?

any thought s and opinions are welcomed.

if there are any of factors thst would make one a better choice please say.

thanks for your time,
Mwood
Old 09-04-2004, 07:00 PM
Tolano

Default RE: losi xxx-nt rtr vs. ofna ultra mbx pro rtr

you cannot really compare a 1/8 buffy to a 1/10 stadium truck. they are in different classes for a reason. one thing i can tell you though is that the xxx-nt has the potential to be a top of the line stadium truck, where as a ultra mbx pro is not goint to be a top of the line buggy. their handling is different, the losi is a 2wd so it will push more around the corners and have more of that cool sliding action, and it will handle just aswel if not better than any other stadium truck on the market. the mbx will probably handle better than the losi, but only because it is 4wd. in comparison to a race quality buggy though its handling will not be as good. so basicially it all comes down to whether you want a nitro truck that could eventually be a top quality racer, or a buggy that is going to be good for bashing but not as good as other stuff at the track. i actually was thinknig about both these cars and i picked the xxx-nt. it was far more worth it to me to invest my $330 (since they are about the same price i think) in a stadium truck that with a few upgrades could become top of the line in its class. buggy racing is a far more expensive form of rc racing. just look at the kanai 3, it is like $700 with no radio or engine gear, and this is close if not the best in its class. whereas the xxx-nt adam drake kit or rc10gt factory team kits are around $300 for the best of the best without engine or radio. so i look at the xxx-nt rtr as being much more for your money than the mbx pro. just my 2 cents, sorry for going on and on
Old 09-04-2004, 09:54 PM
motoxer52

you know not all buggys are peices of crap there are some really good buggys
Old 09-04-2004, 09:57 PM
oatmealman
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

like the new firehammer[>:]
Old 09-06-2004, 12:31 AM
Tolano

wasnt saying all buggies are crap, in fact buggies are some of the sturdiest rcs i have ever seen. and im not saying the mbx is a piece of crap either. its a basher buggy, but the xxx-nt is not a basher truck, and in order to compare it to a buggy you might need to think a little higher on the buggy food chain.
Old 09-07-2004, 01:03 PM
Dwain77

I use my xxx-nt for a basher....it's a great basher. The only issue I've seen with the nt is the diff. gear. That's easily fixed by replacing it with the aluminum (rrp) gear. Also if you're going to bash with the truck spend the couple bucks for the RPM front bumper, it's saved me many times. If you're going to race I'd skip the bumper as it'll probably dig in more than it would help. Any other issues I've had were just broken parts from bashing. Now that I have a better understanding of the truck, and it's handling I rarely break anything.
Old 09-08-2004, 05:18 PM
dalosiman
My Feedback: (1)

speaking from personal experience I can recommend both, I have several friends who have the Ofna 1/8th scales and I personally have 2 XXX NT's, I enjoy driving my friends 1/8th scales and my XXX NT's both. It all depends on your personal preference, I can tell you that the best thing to do is to see what parts are available locally at your hobby shop and go from there! If they have parts for one and not the other then that would be a deciding factor as you probably dont want to be waiting for parts via snail mail or FedUPs (grinning) everytime you break something!