Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Newbee w/Q about converting ST to Street

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Newbee w/Q about converting ST to Street

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 07:57 PM
REVOJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbee w/Q about converting ST to Street

HI, I'm pretty new to R/C Cars. I got the fever when my wife bought me a Nitro Evader ST in August, since then I have owned an used Nitro 4-tech and already sold it due to the insanely low ground clearance. I live on a short street with a cul-de-sac and even the slightest little pebble/hump/grain of dirt would effect the car and I'm a pretty bad driver and hitting a curb would be devistating, so I chickened out and found a buyer before I crashed it ,only out 25 bones on the deal :-) Which leads me to this question... once I own a Revo I will want to make my Evader a bit more street worthy, what changes in suspension and add on's would you do to it ? I want it to handle better in the turns and don't mind giving up ground clearance to get it. Tires????? springs?????? how about that add on sway bar thing???? any help would be great. Thanks, Joe

PS: my evader was nearly as FAST as my 4 tech, go figure ?????
PSS : waiting on a RC18 and mini Losi too.....told you I got the R/C fever !!!
Old 11-28-2004, 08:02 PM
Evolution02

Default RE: Newbee w/Q about converting ST to Street

dont know alot about it but put your shocks on the lowest setting and get some street tires and put thicker oil in the shocks so they wont move as much in the turns!
Old 11-28-2004, 08:16 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

get smaller shocks like the one they use in on-road cars, then you would just have to readjust the camber and turn buckle a bit
Old 11-28-2004, 08:19 PM
be4life182

If i had to do it, this would be my parts list.
1.[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLN12&P=7]4 of these[/link]
2.[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCXN4&P=X]1 set of these[/link]
3.[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCXN5&P=X]1 set of these[/link]
4.maybe this [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGAT2&P=X]pricey[/link] and [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGAT3&P=X]rear[/link] if you want to spend big bucks
5. maybe the aluminum A-arms too if your willing to pay $ $
6.[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXESB3&P=X]this for a little more rpm's[/link]
there defiantly more, i mean you could go all aluminum, ect. but this is IMO, and i probably wouldnt get the shock towers due to money vs. performance. also, a stering servo could be of some help. well i hope this helps.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:24 PM
David D

just get some strret tires like proline speed hawgs that is what i have on my evade and it runs fine one the street and just leave the shocks alone
Old 11-28-2004, 09:40 PM
REVOJoe

Thanks to everyone for their input.
I am a bit confused on the spring stiffness though. Would it handle in the corners better with stiffer ( less movement) springs or softer ( more movement) springs. Or is that not always the same thing .. stiffer =less and softer=more .

Also, Funny you mention the steering servo, I trashed my servo today while turning the wheels while cleaning mud out ( been raining here in Atlanta, GA and just couldn't wait another day for dryer conditions, sank this puppy in some soup). Wouldn't think that turning manualy would do that, but I had just instlled new batteries and the receiver power was on. Stripped the gear out, I will be a my LHS tomorrow replacing that servo with something a bit better .

Thanks again for the ideas, Joe
Old 11-29-2004, 11:09 AM
AJ DRAGON

Softer springs will help transfer the wight of the truck to the front wheels as you go around turns for better steering, and better traction in the rear when you accelerate. Stiffer springs will make your truck more bouncy.
Old 11-29-2004, 02:50 PM
be4life182

yea, if your only running street, i would go soft. this of it as your truck will be able to lean into the corners more, making it turn and control better. tires are the only real thing you need though.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:05 PM
NITRO 888

ORIGINAL: aquaholic

HI, I'm pretty new to R/C Cars. I got the fever when my wife bought me a Nitro Evader ST in August, since then I have owned an used Nitro 4-tech and already sold it due to the insanely low ground clearance. I live on a short street with a cul-de-sac and even the slightest little pebble/hump/grain of dirt would effect the car and I'm a pretty bad driver and hitting a curb would be devistating, so I chickened out and found a buyer before I crashed it ,only out 25 bones on the deal :-) Which leads me to this question... once I own a Revo I will want to make my Evader a bit more street worthy, what changes in suspension and add on's would you do to it ? I want it to handle better in the turns and don't mind giving up ground clearance to get it. Tires????? springs?????? how about that add on sway bar thing???? any help would be great. Thanks, Joe

PS: my evader was nearly as FAST as my 4 tech, go figure ?????
PSS : waiting on a RC18 and mini Losi too.....told you I got the R/C fever !!!
yup yup yup lower it softer springs and street meats
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm34773.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	197855   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw72591.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	197856   Click image for larger version

Name:	In28639.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	197857   Click image for larger version

Name:	Le93343.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	197858  
Old 11-29-2004, 09:02 PM
REVOJoe

Tweek,Sweet car !!!! thanks for the pics. Looks like softer springs, lower as much as possible and some street meats is the deal for me. Just wish Duratrax had some nice chrome wheels for the Evader, and some different bodies available (precut) that I can paint. Thanks agaain for the ideas guys, Joe
Old 11-30-2004, 03:14 PM
be4life182

the do have the clear lexan body at tower hobbies for you to paint. its 20$.