Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

RC10GT rumors...

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 11:21 AM
CJ3B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC10GT rumors...

Is it true that Associated is planning to introduce a redesigned RC10GT?

I'm planning on buying a Factory Team, but these rumors have kind of put on hold this purchase.

ANyone have info? Any approx date, or "spy" pics and details?

Thanks all!

Jorge
San Jaun, PR
USA
Old 01-14-2005, 01:40 PM
EdsWords

Default RE: RC10GT rumors...

I think you will be safe to buy a RC10GT for a while yet.

Based upon the TC4 release, the new GT will first come out as a Team Kit and will not have many hop ups and will not be faster right away than the old GT. Several months later the RTR version will appear. After everal months of track testing the Factory Team Kit will appear completely sorted out and it will out perform the old version.
Old 01-14-2005, 03:14 PM
ncgrunt

I'm curious where you get your info?

Many people have asked about this in the help section of AE's website, and they always say that there's no truth to the rumors.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:55 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

They don't want Losi to try to get the jump on them, either.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:42 PM
AJ DRAGON

Hi

I'm sorry to say this but Losi has already gotten the jump on Associated, and that is a fact. When was the last time Associated made any improvements for the GT, nearly 2 years ago buy my count. Myself I don't think Associated will be coming out with a new Ver. of the GT.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:01 PM
ICrashThings

Associated is concentrating on their electronics right now. They haven't really have any solid idea on a new Gas ST yet. There wont be anything this year, next year maybe. People keep buying the RC10GT so Associated doesn't seem to care about it because it sells so well the way it is. Sure, believe any rumor you want but none of its really true. I tried calling them up about it, but all i got was "Don't believe in any rumors going around, we will tell people our updates as they come"

Besides, I love my GT, even after 3 years and all the stuff I put it through. [:-]
Old 01-14-2005, 08:42 PM
AJ DRAGON

Hi

I have one thing for you to think about CJ3B, and that is if you are holding off on buying a RC10GT now because of all the roomers that are floating around saying that a new Ver. of the GT is coming out really soon then you just might not get one for 1 or 2 years. Forget about the roomers because they just can not be trusted, and there are no facts or proof to back them up. So just go ahead and get one now, I'm sure you won't regret it.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:04 PM
tonytiger

"ROOMERS" LOL
Old 01-15-2005, 10:20 AM
EdsWords

This is just me thinking outloud but I think the reason the new GT has not appeared is because Losi has been constantly updating the XXXNT and they have not been able to match the performance so they have gone back to the drawing board a few times.

As good as the T4 is, its obvious that the XXXT is slightly better. For those that race at the top level .25 seconds a lap will end up being an insurmountable 10 second lead in a 50 lap race.

I think Associated has decided not to let their nitro truck suffer the same fate as their electric truck and they will not release a new GT unless its actually faster than the Losi.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:37 AM
Memopad

Interesting theory on that Ed Would be interesting to see what they have in mind. The design of the GT is getting dated, and the entire chassis may have to be re-done. I really love the design of the GT over all the other st's out there, and will be sad to see it go.
Old 01-15-2005, 05:50 PM
CJ3B

Bought the Factory Team kit... Get it here on Tuesday, along with a OS .18 engine.

Thanks guys!

Jorge
Old 01-15-2005, 05:59 PM
BaSh_2_tHa_mAxX
My Feedback: (1)

Your car will haul ***** with that engine. Iva had to get rid of my os 18 it wasnt such a good idea to put such a powerful engine into an almost bottom of the line truck way to much power. Stripped spur in one run. [sm=punching.gif] and thats like the 5th one so im sick of it and im getting a new car. xxx-nt sport!
Old 01-15-2005, 06:20 PM
ICrashThings

ORIGINAL: ultimate_ultima_st

Iva had to get rid of my os 18 it wasnt such a good idea to put such a powerful engine into an almost bottom of the line truck way to much power.
Almost Bottom of the line?[sm=tired.gif]

The GT is dated, Yes, buts its the only other truck out there that can get 1st and 2nd against a losi(most of the time, sometimes there are the ultima kyocho moments). Plus, think about it, .18 engine has alot of power, right? and you have(im assuming) A plastic spurgear. Think about, metal on plastic contact = bad idea if over powered. Wasn't the GT's fault, you just tried to do something without thinking clearly. Maybe if you invested in the steel spur gear and clutch bell you wouldnt have any problems. OR the engine could have been loose, tahts what happened with me and my CV-X .15...Then I tighten it and no more problem. It seems to me the people with problems, are usually the ones who dont maintence that well.

But have fun with your losi i guess, sorry to hear you gave up on an easy fix.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:24 PM
walker70

They had better redesin a new RC10 GT because the current model sucks I'll catch hell for saying this bit AE is a scam I don't care how if they were there when moses was they still make their money from scamming newcomers Losi is the way to go AE makes cars with substandard parts and thinks that no one will notice them after I reported thm to the better buisiness bureau they sent me a very apologetic letter asking me to retract my statement I will not they are not worthy of being on the same track with with real scale race cars for those of you who don't like what I'm saying tha't just tough I don't care and allot of other people agree with me
Old 12-29-2005, 07:40 PM
dannthenitroman

i know a couple of guys in the very top end of racing in australia ( ie australian truggy champion 2005 and 2004 buggy champ ) that have seen the new GT, not in real life, in pictures showed to them by AE australia, when offering a sponsorship. a New one Will be coming out DW about that but in due time, as another said, when they are sure is a better car than losi's, not nessesarily that much faster or faster at all. as AE buy there drivers, thats why they win lots, but its a better car to work on and has less parts to break than any other design.

Dann
Old 12-30-2005, 12:17 PM
avg_joe

ORIGINAL: walker70

They had better redesin a new RC10 GT because the current model sucks I'll catch hell for saying this bit AE is a scam I don't care how if they were there when moses was they still make their money from scamming newcomers Losi is the way to go AE makes cars with substandard parts and thinks that no one will notice them after I reported thm to the better buisiness bureau they sent me a very apologetic letter asking me to retract my statement I will not they are not worthy of being on the same track with with real scale race cars for those of you who don't like what I'm saying tha't just tough I don't care and allot of other people agree with me
From what I gathered from your previous rant, is that you couldn't figure out how to use the simple solution the AE rep offered.
It's a bummer that you got one with a bad Rx...It happens...Fix it...get over it!!

As soon as 'real scale race cars' start beating it consistantly in the real world, then it is not only worthy, but it is a standard by which others use to measure up.

**thinks to self**I bet that's one of those 'road rage' guys...
Old 12-30-2005, 01:43 PM
RCKid1992

Hey guys this is just a test off subject put can you see these pictures? (I didnt want to start new thread)

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88092.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	377999  
Old 12-30-2005, 03:09 PM
Home_Depot_Guy

Is it true that Associated is planning to introduce a redesigned RC10GT?

I'm planning on buying a Factory Team, but these rumors have kind of put on hold this purchase.

ANyone have info? Any approx date, or "spy" pics and details?

Thanks all!

Jorge
San Jaun, PR
USA
This is the same reason I don't want to upgrade to a Drake 2. If this truck has 4 quick-change wheels instead of 2, well, lol....

Old 12-30-2005, 05:53 PM
A.B.U

ORIGINAL: RCKid1992

Hey guys this is just a test off subject put can you see these pictures? (I didnt want to start new thread)

Yes.. I only see 1. Its 4 foams, and 4 tires,