Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

HPI mt2.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI mt2.

So is this about the best stadium basher around? i know its 4wd so you cant race it, but it looks really durable and is still very fast. i have also looked at the 18SS, but....its a kit which sucks. which should i look into? 18SS or RTR?
Old 03-10-2005, 07:28 PM

Default RE: HPI mt2.

RUSTLER BABY! i would just slap on alluminum shock towers!
Old 03-10-2005, 10:04 PM

i have the mt2 rtr. not bad but i will be upgrading to the 18ss. im assuming you are new...now..i dont know that the mt2 is the best basher around but im satisfied for the most part. the things i didnt like the 18ss has. so if you have the ability to build something get it. its really not AT ALL hard to build. the only trouble i have now is remembering what screws go where. everything else to me is now common knowledge.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:07 PM

ORIGINAL: porsche933turbo

i have the mt2 rtr. not bad but i will be upgrading to the 18ss. im assuming you are new...now..i dont know that the mt2 is the best basher around but im satisfied for the most part. the things i didnt like the 18ss has. so if you have the ability to build something get it. its really not AT ALL hard to build. the only trouble i have now is remembering what screws go where. everything else to me is now common knowledge.
nah im not new. ive had about 4 cars. im just not firmilliar with HPI.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:23 PM

I don't know what you are saying that the 18ss is a bad kit. It is a really good kit. It improves much of the problems that were on the mt2. The only problem is the price, so if you are on a budget stick with the mt2 rtr. Also, many tracks are now holding 4wd classes and at my track they allow 2wd or 4wd in the stadium truck class. You'll just have to check with your local track. I say get the mt2. you just have to pick between rtr or kit. the mt2 is one of the best handling trucks out there, plus, it has all the after market products you need.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:59 PM
My Feedback: (4)

I would get the 18 ss. It has better grears in the differentials. It aslo comes with a .18 ss engine. That alone cost 150 if you want to up grade later.

Here is the grears that the SS comes with

Here is the MT2

You can always up grade the gears later. The 18. SS engine really screams.