Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

please take a look

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 07:03 PM
sUrface

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please take a look

About 3 months ago i put about 200 dollars into my car still without getting it working. I tryied posting here several times and no one really tried to help me so i thought id give it anotehr shot. I have a old school Nitro Rush with a OS Max .15 engine i never got a engine mount not sure if its needed are not. I bought new clutch bell and spur gears that i was told to get from someone on this forum yet some of the parts dont seem like their right. the clutch bell moves back and fourth. theres a bar that holds on my long needle that has something to do with the idle. That gets in the way of my engine i think if it wasnt there i could move the engine up and it would fit correctly. Also on my clutch shoes i lost a spring and put another one on instead of the default ones but this one was larger but it seems to be ok. Last time i got my car started it wouldnt move at all just idle really loud to sounded like it was going almost full throttle but it wasnt moving and i allready had moved the idle needle to the correct position any help would really help ill add pics later thank you
Old 04-21-2005, 08:50 PM
Frost_
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: please take a look

The not moving even though it's revving up almost CERTAINLY has to do with the clutch, if the spur isn't turning.

For the needle issue, loosen up the carb cinch bolt/pin/screw/whatever-you-have that is at the base of the carb. This is what holds the carb in the crank case. Once it's loose, turn the carb a bit until you get your clearance and tighten it back up.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:56 PM
PillowPants

if its a motor problem, i suggest you take it to your LHS and say, HERE, FIX IT!

(im only saying this because its a motor problem. if it was parts, that would be another story)
Old 04-22-2005, 06:03 AM
gerwen

You need to figure out where in the drivetrain it is slipping. When you give it gas:
Is the flywheel spinning?
Is the clutchbell spinning?
Is the spur gear spinning?
Is the topshaft spinning?
are the outdrives spinning? One or both?
are the driveshafts (dogbones, cvd's) spinning? One or both?
are the axles spinning? One or both?
are either of the wheels turning?

You need to go through these questions with the truck off the ground and on the ground. This will tell you where your problem is.