Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

swapping a OS 12CV-R into a HPI Nitro Rush...tons o' fun

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

swapping a OS 12CV-R into a HPI Nitro Rush...tons o' fun

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 04:18 PM
lucasgahler21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default swapping a OS 12CV-R into a HPI Nitro Rush...tons o' fun

Hey guys I have a HPI Nitro Rush (the original) and I am swapping in a OS 12CV-RX. When mounting the motor to the chassis I noticed that the flywheel (HPI part no. A801 I believe) hits the chassis brace. I was just wondering if I am doing something wrong or what my options are to fix this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,
Lucas
Old 04-28-2005, 09:05 PM
Snipin_Willy

Default RE: swapping a OS 12CV-R into a HPI Nitro Rush...tons o' fun

I don't own a rush but I've looked at a few exploded views from the HPI website to see what you're talking about. I expect the chassis brace is above the flywheel.

Is the metal engine mounting place required? or is it only required for the original engine? If the original mounting plate isn't a required part of the chassis, that could be taken out and the engine mouts screwed through only the main chassis. This would give the engine a lower stance and would clear the brace that's above the flywheel. If you could take some detail pics of the truck and the area of the problem, I'd be able to help more, but it's hard to help when I can't see it.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:56 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I have an original Rush. Do you have the replacement chassis? If not you need to go to HPI web site send yours in for a free replacement. The original chassis was bad about bending, mine did and HPI replaced it for free. What they sent me was the black Evo chassis with a motor plate to be used with the original Rush. I have a HPI .15 SS in mine. I do not run it much any more as I run my HPI MT Racer and Savage 4.6 more. Yes pictures would be good to help you with your problem.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:33 PM
lucasgahler21

yup already switched the old chassis for the newer thicker one. And yes the chassis plate is supposed to be on even with a new engine. The flywheel isn't hitting the brace above it...its hitting the plate that is bolted to the chassis underneath the motor. The plate in mine is different from the newer one...it's a lot thinner. The part that touches is where the plate bends upward (for more rigidity) near the flywheel. It barely touches...I might try putting a washer in between the motor and the flywheel. Maybe that will give me enough clearance. I would take pictures except I'm a poor college student...i might be able to borrow a friend's. Just wondering if you guys had any other (or better) ideas.

Thanks so much,
Lucas
Old 04-29-2005, 07:48 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I know my OS .15 CV-RX came with two thin plates that are for shimming the motor up if need be. So I would say put whatever shims you need to get it up just enough so it clears. Washers should work it that is all you have.