Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

I would like to get a MT2 18SS......

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

I would like to get a MT2 18SS......

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 08:59 PM
AznBash3r
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I would like to get a MT2 18SS......

hey guys newb on nitro here. ive been pointed out on the basics of nitros and it seems like i am able to tackle this situation. i have been looking for a nitro truck for a long time now and ill be getting one in June 11. my eyes have been looking and staring (also drooling) at the HPI MT2 18SS. i want to know some pros and cons about this truck and also some few tips and hints on how to break it in and to upgrade it. also what is the first thing that usually breaks on this truck? i heard the uprights are kinda weak. so if anyone can help me out here that would be greatly appriciated. thanks!
Old 05-27-2005, 09:26 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: I would like to get a MT2 18SS......

I do not have the .18SS but I do have the old MT1 Racer which was the for runner of the .18SS which all so was a kit and I like mine a lot. If I get another stadium truck it will be the .18SS. The .18SS comes with about all you need but a radio system. I am not sure what you are calling the up rights but if you are talking about the shock towers I have never broke one on my MT Racer and believe me I have flipped it time and time again.
Have you seen this?
http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=507
Old 05-27-2005, 09:51 PM
AznBash3r
My Feedback: (1)

46u, uprights are also known as C-Hubs. also, yes i have read that review. whoever wrote that should be given a big pat in the back.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:58 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I had alloy C hubs on my MT Racer but I am up grading to the MT2 front end and I am going to start off my running the stock ones. If I have problems I might get the alloy for my new front end. I have just about added all the MT2 stuff to my MT Racer that can be added. So I guess I have a MT 1 ¾. If I where to get an MT2 .18SS I would run it till something brake the worry about up grading.
Old 05-28-2005, 04:02 AM
ChriX

I've broken one upright since i've had the truck, but I wouldn't say these were a weak point. However the steering knuckles definatley are and could do with being replaced with aluminium ones. When you land a jump or something similar they pop out occasionally, a temporary fix is to glue the screws into the thread but they will pop out again eventually. Otherwise i've had no breakages that I couldn't say happened under light accidents, rear sus arm etc.