RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

N-Rusty

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 04:13 PM
rcjunky22
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default N-Rusty

Hey all...I've been into electrics for a good 6 years, and as of late I'll be getting a N-Rusty in a trade along with an xxx-t. Anyway...This rusty may/may not be coming with an engine. If it doesn't come with one, what do you all reccommend as a nice .18 engine? I'd like an OS...but I'm not too sure on what model to get. Help a Nitro Newbie out here guys
-andy
Old 06-27-2005, 05:10 PM
Skullbasher

Default RE: N-Rusty

Well, if you have the money, you might want to look at the TM. Although many people dont have the money for a $200 engine.

If you don't want to spend the money on that, then I recommend getting the CV-RX. You will want to get the Rotary carb version(Due to low speed needle location). And if you want to get the stock traxxas clutch, you will need [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLR79&P=7]this[/link] adapter. If you use the Traxxas clutch, you will also want to get the short crankshaft version of the CV-RX .18. This is a great engine, I have one in my Rusty, and the thing wheelies like mad.
There will be some trimming you have to do to your motor mounts if you get this engine(due to the huge backplate), but nothing too serious, and it is well worth it.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:07 PM
rcjunky22

So all in all, for a nice working motor...how much will that all cost me? Sorry to be such an annoyance, but can I have a link to that motor you mentioned? I sound like such a newbie
-Andy
Old 06-27-2005, 06:23 PM
nitroman111

hey man i am a newbe to but i would go with a TRX 2.5 engine. but if you break it in right it will hale boutty!!
Old 06-27-2005, 06:36 PM
ReDLiNe_XxX

My brother had an O.S .18 in his Kyosho Ultima stadium truck and he chewed up spurs fast. But if you dont really have the money the O.S .18 CV-RX is a great engine, which my brother now has in his T-maxx that pulls wheelies! Good Luck choosing an Engine! [:-]
Old 06-27-2005, 08:27 PM
Skullbasher

ORIGINAL: rcjunky22

So all in all, for a nice working motor...how much will that all cost me? Sorry to be such an annoyance, but can I have a link to that motor you mentioned? I sound like such a newbie
-Andy
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXGGP8&P=ML
It will probably run you around $135 for the engine, adapter nut, clutch shoes/spring, flywheel, and a clutch bell.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:27 PM
rcjunky22

Sweet, that sounds about right. So soon enough ill have a wheelie pullin rustler
-Andy