Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

a little confused...

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 01:46 PM
thekaboom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a little confused...

well, ive had my jato for about 2 weeks now and i love it but in the last couple days ive had a problem. Its been pretty hot here lately, when i start it up its fine for a bit then it starts smoking by the glow plug/carb, smells like burning oil. my first though was that it was over heating, so i richened it a bit and let it cool. Then i ran it and it started to smoke again, i richened it again like 1/16 turn. I started it up again and notice that it was dripping fuel out the exhaust, i looked in the manual and it says that is one of the symptons or it being to rich. could it just be that it to hot here? thnx
Old 06-28-2005, 03:15 PM
RayRayraycer20

Default RE: a little confused...

If your runnin that rich, and it's still smokin at the head...It's too hot outside. did you cut a hole in the windshield to allow more airflow? that will help too.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:56 PM
thekaboom

at one point i was runnin with the body off..thnx
Old 06-28-2005, 04:23 PM
InfinitySpeed04

It probably is too hot for the engine. this happened to me once but it stopped shortly after. Not so sure why it stopped though?
Old 06-28-2005, 04:48 PM
Tricksligger

Its not too hot outside trust me. Put your hsn back where it was and richen your lsn 1/4 of a turn. This will take about 30-40 degrees off. Traxxas sets the lsn's lean to help keep it running during break in. After break in its too lean and nobody adjusts it. My lhs said its a common problem 1/2 the people that have bought one have brought it in due to overheating and all they needed was a 1/4 turn on the lsn.

Hope this helps.

I run with the body on and in hot and HUMID south florida with no over-heat issues.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:34 PM
thekaboom

ORIGINAL: Tricksligger

Its not too hot outside trust me. Put your hsn back where it was and richen your lsn 1/4 of a turn. This will take about 30-40 degrees off. Traxxas sets the lsn's lean to help keep it running during break in. After break in its too lean and nobody adjusts it. My lhs said its a common problem 1/2 the people that have bought one have brought it in due to overheating and all they needed was a 1/4 turn on the lsn.

Hope this helps.

I run with the body on and in hot and HUMID south florida with no over-heat issues.
well it was 41 degrees celsius with the humidity here... so i should put it back to factory settings and richen it 1/4 turn? right now its 1/4 turn leaned from factory. If i even turn it 1/8 turn from wat it is now it start to spit out bits of fuel, is that alright? it not like its spitting out alot but its definitly spitting something cause u can see on my street :P thnx for the help so far\
o and i forgot to mention sometime it will just cut out