Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

check out my rc 10 gt pics what should i do now

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

check out my rc 10 gt pics what should i do now

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 08:56 PM
heftyhotjosh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default check out my rc 10 gt pics what should i do now

i got this for a hundread dolors. what should i do now i got a rosi r12 pixy engine. also sweet exaugist, and all carbion fiber kevalar body parts. it already dose wheles what should i do to it next please reply. i want to make it a sweet race car. it is brand new i have had it for like a year drove it a couple times its just dirsty. so hteres nothing rusted or broken. i have a bodyand a air filter i just dont have it on right now i was fixing my stering servo i fried the gears when those pictures were taken . so what performancwe parts should i put on now my egine is huge and it works good and my eaugist is good what else can u put on thease cars.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43590.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	291390   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51751.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	291391   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44209.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	291392   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ou49907.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	291393  
Old 06-28-2005, 09:48 PM
brownstone101

Default RE: check out my rc 10 gt pics what should i do now

uhh tare it down clean it
that is used change the sper gear and check the diff and the other gears then start setting it up
Old 06-28-2005, 10:00 PM
killer89
My Feedback: (-1)

that was a good deal.. A FT GT for $100 is good... that engine is already a Rossi, but im too lazy to look up the type...
Old 06-29-2005, 08:22 AM
ICrashThings

those CVD's(or dogbones? cant tell) are rusted!!! i would get new CVD's. Then i would open up that engine and make sure there is no rust or anything. if there is, just clean it out and put it back together. i would open up the transmition and see what it has. clean all the gears and make sure none of the teeth are stripped or damage. take apart the diff, replace the yokes, they seem a bit rusted as well. make sure the diff is all lubed and greased. those shocks seem dirty, so i would go ahead and clean those as well and put new shock oil in there(about 40 wt is good). clean off the fuel tubing and make sure there isnt any leaks or slits in it. Actually just get new tubing if you like. replace that spur gear, those give me a hard time when i run them on my GT, get a rrp plastic one, they are strong. the steering servo, that arm on it looks weak and could snap, try finding a more beefier one. looks like there is no air filter either, go look for a nice one, that open hole on your engine is where a air filter should be. Also a nice body will help that truck out alot. there needs to be a battery on that truck, i would get a 5 cell hump pack(about 1100) to power the electronics. also make sure the wires on the servos arent split. clean off the carb too, and make sure its on there TIGHT!. Im looking at your transmittion brace, the long blue aluminum piece over the trans., it seems like 2 screws are missing that screw into the bulkhead...you might want to get 2 new screws for that or you will have some serious problems if you wreck. I see its a non-pullstart truck so you will need a starter box, they usuall run about ~$70 to start but im sure you can find a better price on thEbay.

Some tips:

Used the black screws when replacing old screws, the light blue ones AE sells are CRAP!
Used WD-40 when cleaning the engine, but before you put it back together, flood it with nitro fuel.
When you strip down the truck, remember where everything goes, maybe put each section in a pile.
Take your time and learn how the truck works, blah blah blah learn something.[&:]
Make sure when you are done the throttle and brake are nice and set up, if they arent then once you get it start you will be mad because you overlooked this.

Thats all i can think right now, hopefully you take my advice and check up on atleast a few of these things.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:43 AM
RayRayraycer20

^^^^Listen to him he knows^^^^
Old 06-29-2005, 08:57 PM
ICrashThings

Yea, ive had this truck for quite awhile, I know some things people dont even begin to think are problems.

[&:]