Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Durajunk, I'm sick of working on it

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Durajunk, I'm sick of working on it

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 02:46 PM
kihei11
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Durajunk, I'm sick of working on it

I've bout had it with my evader, yeah there's alot of parts available cause you'll need em,
just to change frigging steering servo jeez bout took the whole thing apart, Thanks for letting me vent, I'm goona go run my kids nitro Rustler and relax abit before I wrench on the evader for an hour, just to get it to steer again, i guess I'll put in another steering arm, Again!!
Old 07-04-2005, 08:48 PM
DaytonaTurbo87

Default RE: Durajunk, I'm sick of working on it

What'd you do to your steering servo? My max st is so easy to work on, it'd take like 5 mins to change any of the servos. But I know how it goes. In the winter I don't mind wrenching on it, getting it ready for summer, but when it's nice out, working on it is the last thing I want to do.
Old 07-04-2005, 08:56 PM
XDD

I sold my Nitro Evader and bought an AE RC18MT...

...no regrets here.
Old 07-04-2005, 09:37 PM
NITRO 888

JEEEEEZZZZZZZZZ dude ya want some cheese with that whine ?[&o]
Old 07-04-2005, 11:52 PM
David D

If you think the evader is hard to work on try the xxx-nt it is way worse.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:40 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

my AD2 needs less work than an Evader though, lol.
plus i built it from the ground up and the goods are FOR being pounded on...
the Evader needs work to be right IMO
this is why so many newbies leave the hobby...they want RTR's, not kits, but they dont wanna pay for an RTR with GOOD stuff.
get used to it, i dont care how tough your car is, there's ALWAYS wrenching involved in RC.
go take up needlepoint or basket weaving
Old 07-05-2005, 01:49 AM
yoster

ORIGINAL: kihei11

I've bout had it with my evader, yeah there's alot of parts available cause you'll need em,
just to change frigging steering servo jeez bout took the whole thing apart, Thanks for letting me vent, I'm goona go run my kids nitro Rustler and relax abit before I wrench on the evader for an hour, just to get it to steer again, i guess I'll put in another steering arm, Again!!
wow.. i never would have considered changing the steering servo on my evader difficult. It takes me all of 10 minutes. In all reality, that is MINOR work... you'll never make it in rc if you consider that a lot of work.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:51 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

what's funny is he would totally avoid that if he got the aluminum ones.
he's talking about the bellcranks, right?
Old 07-05-2005, 09:51 AM
doogie494

if you dont want it then ill take it. one more to the collection.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:27 AM
D0G
My Feedback: (1)

[
Old 07-05-2005, 11:28 AM
monsterpede360

yeah thats what a worker at my hobbytown usa says duratrax sucks.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:41 AM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

So let me get this straight, you say duratrax is junk because its takes YOU a while to get to the servo?

Not a very good reason to call a brand or car junk IMO.

I use to have a nitro evader and it took all of 10 minutes to get to the servo. As I recall it was only about 10 screws that had to be removed, dont see how that could take enough effort that it would require the starting of a thread to gripe about it.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:54 AM
87goldtub_rc10

This is a maintenance intensive hobby. Not wanting to spend any time wrenching is like being a body builder that is too lazy to work out.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:25 PM
D0G

About the Servo access, I myself have the Nitro Evader ST and found the same thing, to take just the screw off the top of the servo, you have to remove the entire servo, its not overly time consuming however it is frustrating when all your trying to do is center your wheels while centering the servo. I myself enjoy taking the truck apart to nothing, and do so after most every run. My Fingers are taking the worst of it, turning those little screws is rippin my fingers up..lol. Im Also finding myself stripping alot of the *phillips* screws. I think I might swap em all for the hex head screws and find me a set of hexhead screwdrivers. Anyhow, I can see where he is coming from on the servo statement, but if your not willing to wrench get back in the kitchen with your wen.....errr wife...
Old 07-05-2005, 04:42 PM
kansasrick

A body builder can use drugs to build himself/herself up. An RC enthusiast cannot. Now that I think about it, we must be on drugs to play with little toy cars and trucks. But it really is fun

Moon_doggie
Old 07-05-2005, 04:51 PM
Kemo

A: You whine way too much.
B: Operator errors will bring you back to the area you worked on.
C: Refer to A
Old 07-05-2005, 05:06 PM
brownstone101

ha ha ha i got my n-evader memorized if it is broke then i think can i fix it with ca and if i can its done back in my car in 10 min
i put my truck up for a month and the oil seeped from the motor to the frame and there was dust do it turned pasty so i tore it all that way down to the only thing left was the trani bulkheads and s-towers and a-arms res was sitting in a box disassembled it in and 30 min cleaned it got it back in 30-45 min cause of alot of parts but its not hard
Old 07-05-2005, 05:16 PM
Kemo

The evader is one of the easiest trucks/buggies you can work on really. Its rather a simple design... basically a retired XX series Losi.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:48 PM
kihei11
My Feedback: (13)

I have 2 Nitro evaders, a Jato and rustler. I was just frustrated after taking it a part snaking the servo wire finnally through and getting it together then the heavyduty servo is humming so I take it aprt to lossen the servo arm screw, then put it back together then take it apart to center wheels then back to gether then the wheels don't turn at all. In my kids rustler it's on the side but his truck's suspension doesn't eat up the bumps like my evaders do. I ended up going surfing for awhile came back and got it all going after I calmed down I'm sure some of you have had simular experiences, working on the truck is usually fun, Had a bad day. Thanks Guys
Old 07-05-2005, 09:55 PM
Kemo

um... you think thats bad? I should show you the screws i pulled off that Tmaxx i adopted. EVERY screw was stripped, and i STILL haven't driven it yet! The last of the upgrade RPM parts are on the way, and I have backup parts to spare for THIS weekend for when I'll break it in for sure. No sense in running if you know something will go wrong.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:58 PM
InfinitySpeed04

I have had an evader for a long time and I find it to be very easy to work on. the only problem that I have ever had in taking it apart was when I was takin apart my driveshaft and engine components. I dont why you are fed up with it. It does take work to keep the car running.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:03 PM
Kemo

Maintaining rc is like maintaining a marriage or relationship. Its a lot of dirty work, but it pays off in the long run.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:17 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Hell, I'm considering buyin an ARR evader for a backup racetruck because it's as easy to work on as my GT, and handles better
Old 07-06-2005, 11:28 AM
InfinitySpeed04

The evader is the easiest car to work on to me. I have put so many things on it I cant even count. And put them on with ease
Old 07-06-2005, 03:28 PM
badz

Sell it and buy a gaser...1 or 2 pulls its running...easy hopups from 2.5HP to 3.5+ for $40 add a pipe for another $150 and add another 1.5HP....45-60 minutes per tank of fuel...No garbage glow plugs....fuel cost a hell alot less than $20/gallon...plus NO TINKERING with needles once it's setup it's done....run it's wheels off AND!!! they will toast almost every nitro made!!

[link=http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=51381]oops...Nitro Ey?[/link]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.