Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

issues breaking rear shock tower

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 02:11 AM
yoster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default issues breaking rear shock tower

Ok ive been practicing jumping off my duratrax kwik pit portable jump thing they have. Everytime i jump off it, i land upside-down. And EVERY TIME i break a rear shock tower.. EVERY SINGLE TIME. Is there ANY way to make this not happen as much without going aluminum? Ive gone through 4 shock towers in the last 3 days... yes thats correct. Its rediculous.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:26 AM
gerwen

Default RE: issues breaking rear shock tower

Are you running with the body on? That adds a little protection for the shock tower.

Other than that, try landing wheels down

I don't know what the jump is about, but either abandon it, change it somehow, or modify how you're hitting it. (slower, faster, on throttle, off throttle.)

Which way is it going over? Forwards? Perhaps when you hit the ramp, the chassis is slapping down and then the suspension is rebounding, flipping you over. Try putting the jump at the top of a slope or hill, so that the car is changing its attitude more gradually.

You could also try letting off the throttle as you hit the ramp, then giving it a blip in the air to try and stop the rotation. 2wd and small tires doesn't give you a ton of attitude control in the air, but you have some. Bigger, heavier rear tires will give you more, but i'm not sure how much more. Maybe folks with mashers can chime in here with some idea.

The best jumps have a progressive (curved) slope, to ease the truck into the ramp. I built a small one (only about 12" high, but about 24" long) and my evader jumped quite nice on it. Around 6+ feet of air, and lots of distance. Much fun.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:11 AM
cameorn

1, dont buy plastic
2 dont buy metal because it bends and takes all parts with it possibly breakin more things
3 get a carbin finber one they have a higher flex rate then plastic i think its 10x stonger correct me if im wrong
4 if your landing upside down everytime try trimmin your truck in the air with your break and gas
Old 07-05-2005, 11:11 AM
monsterpede360

buy an aluminum one or make one out of metal.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:45 AM
jandb917

when jumping start small and work bigger as you learn to control the attitude of the car and its "flying" caristics , you can usally control the car to an extent like gerwen said using the brake and the throttle in mid flight, but most of all you dont want to just go full throttle at a ramp and leave the throttle pegged all the way through the jump till it lands....... thats proablly why you are landing top side down....... another things you can do is find a nice hay field or somwhere with some tall grass and think underbrush no tress or bushes though just thick grass and try jumping you car into the grass just when you land hit the brakes so the grass doesnt wrapp around your axles but the grass should cushion the landing enought to kep things from braking which ever way you land top side down or right side up....... keep doing this till you can control you car in flight then go back to your original setup and you should be good to go
Old 07-05-2005, 01:04 PM
Bryank930
My Feedback: (2)

3 get a carbin finber one they have a higher flex rate then plastic i think its 10x stonger correct me if im wrong
Well, you got the 10x stronger part right. Carbon fiber is a lot more rigid than plastic, but at the same time, stronger and lighter. Give the carbon fiber a try, it took me a year to break mine on my GT.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:51 PM
cameorn

i thought it was lol i got one on my rustler and it will not break lol well yet
Old 07-05-2005, 04:43 PM
yoster

ok maybe i'll try that. BTW the truck is doing a front-flip or landing on its nose every time.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:04 PM
InfinitySpeed04

IF your car is flipping forward then give it more brakes if it is falling back give it more gas.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:10 PM
A.B.U

ORIGINAL: InfinitySpeed04

IF your car is flipping forward then give it more brakes if it is falling back give it more gas.
Shouldn't you give it gas when it's flipping foward to level it out, and give it brakes when it's flipping ackwords to level it? And do what you said to flip it?