Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Jato: Piece of CRAP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 11:32 PM
RC Prodigy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jato: Piece of CRAP!

Mann I thought the jato was gonna be a good truck but once I put my hands on and saw one run at my LHS I was severely disapointed. I had planned on getting one that day. The shocks are plastic, and everythng is cluttered. I gotta say that it doesn't look very good when it takes the hobby shop owner 10 minutes to get an almost brand new truck started. And then I saw the X-Cellerator for more than 100 dollars less and asked to see it run. It started right up, ran fast, and obviously had more power and speed than the jato. Needless to say, I went with the X-Cellerator. I didnt take the time to break in the stock engine and went ahead and threw my O.S. .18 CV-RX in and ran it up and down my street and was pleasantly surprised when I jumped it and ran it through grass and just beat the crap out of it and didnt break a single part.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:03 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Jato: Piece of CRAP!

Nothing new, just pointless opinion without fact. This forum is good for that.

Guess all of the hype, aftermarket companies, current owners and magazines have it all wrong, and you in all of your infinite wisdom have really figured the Jato out for what it is.

Here's something new for ya- FACTS!!!

RCCA, Nov 03 gunned the Xcellerator at 46MPH.
RCCA, Jun 05 gunned the Jato at 50.1MPH

Funny how an Xcellerator with a final drive ratio of 10.15:1 can go faster then a Jato with a two speed and final drive ratio of 8.75:1?
Especially when the 2.5R is reported to rev up to 50,000 RPM (traxxas site) and the XTM 18's max RPMs is 37,000 (xtm site)?

Just another reason why it's hard to post on this forum... If you are gonna say something sucks, why not back it up?
Old 07-06-2005, 12:15 AM
yoster

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

Nothing new, just pointless opinion without fact. This forum is good for that.

Guess all of the hype, aftermarket companies, current owners and magazines have it all wrong, and you in all of your infinite wisdom have really figured the Jato out for what it is.

Here's something new for ya- FACTS!!!

Funny how an Xcellerator with a final drive ratio of 10.15:1 can go faster then a Jato with a two speed and final drive ratio of 8.75:1?
Especially when the 2.5R is reported to rev up to 50,000 RPM (traxxas site) and the XTM 18's max RPMs is 37,000 (xtm site)?

Just another reason why it's hard to post on this forum... If you are gonna say something sucks, why not back it up?
Calm down tiger... big.. deep breaths.
He's stating his opinion... and the problem is...?
Old 07-06-2005, 12:26 AM
A.B.U

Wait....so if I went up to my lhs tomorrow, which I am because I need new tires, they will take out a Jato if I ask? I mean drive around, btw. I'm just wondering...they have an opened gun metal Jato, I guess that's their display model.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:31 AM
RC Prodigy

Yes I'm stating my opinion. My opinion is what counts when it comes to my wallet. I don't think I wanna pay $100+ more for a truck that is only 4mph faster. And I'm sorry but anyway you slice it, the TRX 2.5 is not as powerful as an O.S. .18 CV-RX. And it is not anywhere near being as powerful as the O.S. .18 TZ TX I'm putting in the X-C so why don't you get off my ass.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:31 AM
yoster

The guys at my LHS will take stuff out if

a) its a slow day, and
b) the parking lot is fairly empty

They take heli's out all the time tho and fly them around the store (Hobbytown USA)
Old 07-06-2005, 12:34 AM
A.B.U

Hmm... I gues I may ask to see it run then. I'm looking to get one in a couple months, heh, X-mas. I just want a good, fast reliable st like the N-Rustler.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:34 AM
RC Prodigy

My LHS is a family owned shop. The people are nice but their prices (on some things) aren't.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:38 AM
A.B.U

Mine is too, well I live by a Hobbytown USA, and a privately owned hobbyshop. I like the smaller one though, mainly because it's like 3 blocks away, and it has the same prices, and usually has everything in stock.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:20 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

You need to back up YOUR facts, Dale.
you can cite RCCA's numbers for top speed, but not their dyno numbers for the rev range?
would you like to know the big difference?
XTM claims realistic numbers for their engine. look at the RCCA dyno test of the 2.5 and you'll grab your testicles in pain.
*EDIT* typo
Old 07-06-2005, 01:42 AM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: RC Prodigy

Mann I thought the jato was gonna be a good truck but once I put my hands on and saw one run at my LHS I was severely disapointed. I had planned on getting one that day. The shocks are plastic, and everythng is cluttered. I gotta say that it doesn't look very good when it takes the hobby shop owner 10 minutes to get an almost brand new truck started. And then I saw the X-Cellerator for more than 100 dollars less and asked to see it run. It started right up, ran fast, and obviously had more power and speed than the jato. Needless to say, I went with the X-Cellerator. I didnt take the time to break in the stock engine and went ahead and threw my O.S. .18 CV-RX in and ran it up and down my street and was pleasantly surprised when I jumped it and ran it through grass and just beat the crap out of it and didnt break a single part.

I own both...XTM is crap and slow even with the O.S. .18 CV-RX which by the way took some heavy modifying to get into the XTM X-Cell...The Jato smears the xcell in longer runs...sure the xcell and duratrash are faster with os .18's on them but consider the Jato's a .15. But anyhow be please with your xtm cause I have yet to see a decent product made by xtm period. Also if it took your LHS 10 minutes to start a Jato that was brand new he's in the wrong business. Not to mention I don't know any LHS that prefers XTM's over Traxxas.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:37 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

badz, i'll take any XTM over any comparable traxxas product.
considering my experiance with both their MT's, and yes, it DOES take 10 minutes to start a new TRX 2.5, because that stupid Quee-Z start doesn't have enough torque to pull the engine over and i've seen bad glowplugs outta the box.
AND half of them have crappy wiring inside the Quee-Z start box
Old 07-06-2005, 06:35 AM
Tricksligger

Hmm thats funny. Im thru gallon 2 and Ive never had a problem starting my Jato with the ez-start and I just blew my first glow plug last week at the track as I was finishing off my 2nd gallon.

Maybe the engine wasnt fully broke in yet??

If the Jato is junk, my junk performs and runs better than any nitro Ive ever had.

I know its just your opinion, but your opinion SUCKS and thats just my opinion
Old 07-06-2005, 06:46 AM
everspeed

Traxxas has a comparison chart on their site, slamming the RC10 more than any other vehicle out there. But it is the most winning truck ever. I don't think there's a single RC with more tittles than the RC10. And how many tittles does Traxxas have in anything? OK. see my point? Though a magazine might choose something as a vehicle to get, you have to remember the same manufactures pay them big bucks for advertisement.

[link=http://racernine.com/movies/05-05-FirstNitroXCrace.mov]Try this video.[/link]

A stock X-cellerator.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:46 AM
samisnake

1, 2, 3, 4 i declare this is starting to become a flame war
3, 4, 5, 6 that was quite funny Tricks
7, 8, 8, 10 hide your traxxas in the den

(im bored atm)
Old 07-06-2005, 10:22 AM
XDD

I don't want to get involved in this, but I want to back XTM up, as they are an EXCELLENT company and don't deserve to be trashed.

I bought an XTM .15 engine, and while it didn't put out the most power, it was my favorite engine I have ever owned, right up there with the O.S. .12 CV-X. Both were insanely reliable and lasted a looooooooong time. Everything from XTM I have ever bought or seen was of very high quality and was at a very reasonable price.

Also, I don't know if anyone has noticed, but Tower is starting to stock XTM products.

I should mention that is not a biased opinion of any stretch. I have been a big AE fan ever since I bought a FT T3, and I still am with my 18MT. I've gotten out of 1/10th scale completely at this point, ever since I drove an 18T a month or so ago, I could care less about anything not 1/18th scale...
Old 07-06-2005, 11:13 AM
ICrashThings

ORIGINAL: everspeed

Traxxas has a comparison chart on their site, slamming the RC10 more than any other vehicle out there. But it is the most winning truck ever. I don't think there's a single RC with more tittles than the RC10. And how many tittles does Traxxas have in anything? OK. see my point?
News flash, everyone slams the RC10GT. But yes it has the most titles won.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:15 AM
badz

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

considering my experiance with both their MT's, and yes, it DOES take 10 minutes to start a new TRX 2.5, because that stupid Quee-Z start doesn't have enough torque to pull the engine over and i've seen bad glowplugs outta the box.

If it takes you 10 minutes to start a Jato your retarded...`nuff said

XTM is Xtra Trashy Machines
Old 07-06-2005, 11:22 AM
thekaboom

ORIGINAL: badz

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

If it takes you 10 minutes to start a Jato your retarded...`nuff said

XTM is Xtra Trashy Machines
/signed
Old 07-06-2005, 01:25 PM
cameorn

man this is a stupid thread your tellin use the jato is a peice of crap cuz it has a hard time startin up for the first time. ok then w.e nice job do u have any hard FACTS like breakin parts o wait u dont even own one and your hating on it smart guy looks arnt everything it could be cluttered because its never break mabey
Old 07-06-2005, 02:13 PM
Tricksligger

ORIGINAL: everspeed

Traxxas has a comparison chart on their site, slamming the RC10 more than any other vehicle out there. But it is the most winning truck ever. I don't think there's a single RC with more tittles than the RC10. And how many tittles does Traxxas have in anything? OK. see my point? Though a magazine might choose something as a vehicle to get, you have to remember the same manufactures pay them big bucks for advertisement.

[link=http://racernine.com/movies/05-05-FirstNitroXCrace.mov]Try this video.[/link]

A stock X-cellerator.
Yea when its been around for 10 years its bound to win something. Jato has been out for how long? I havent slammed any truck I havent owned once in my life. If I dont own it how can I say its junk? I cant!! I am just saying what I know. That the Jato is a good truck as is worth every penny. How do I know? They were my pennies.

All trucks have thier goods and bads. To say something sucks that you dont own is a little stupid, to start a thread just to say something sucks that you dont own is just immature.

I really do hope you enjoy your new truck, if your ever in town bring it to the track. We can watch the Jato lap it.[X(] (Flame proof suit on)

ORIGINAL: cameorn

man this is a stupid thread your tellin use the jato is a peice of crap cuz it has a hard time startin up for the first time. ok then w.e nice job do u have any hard FACTS like breakin parts o wait u dont even own one and your hating on it smart guy looks arnt everything it could be cluttered because its never break mabey
We Jato owners appreciate your support.......but damn man throw some periods or commas in there or something. We cant understand the words that be comin out of yo mouth. I am actually dummer from reading this. In FACT......give me back my 4 seconds I wasted when reading it. Just playin with you man, but slow down a little when you run together and dont recheck your post before posting its hard to read and hard to take seriously.

Old 07-06-2005, 03:05 PM
Unbreakable207

"All trucks have thier goods and bads. To say something sucks that you dont own is a little stupid, to start a thread just to say something sucks that you dont own is just immature."

Thank you.

Ask anyone who *owns* a jato. It's a great truck, and is well worth the mula. If you don't like it then fine, go out and get an XTM.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:10 PM
A.B.U

I saw a Jato at my LHS today....doesn't look like junk to me. As a matter of fact it looked stronger than most of the trucks there, the thing looks beefy, and appears to be able to withstand quite a beating. ...lol, it also looked lke my next nitro r/c car.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:46 PM
cameorn

its just a get pissed off when pll say something like this they dont even own one but they dont like it........ lol but seriously when i get mad i say thingd befor i type them , so im talkin to my self but all ways trying to keep up with typing and it doesnt work lol.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:44 PM
InfinitySpeed04

When I first saw the Jato I thought it was going to be some new big thing for stadium trucks but its kinda of takin a step back. the car isnt as great as everyone says it is. it is pretty unorganized and just slapped together. I truely think that Traxxas could have done better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.