Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

weed wacker in a rustler

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 02:34 PM
rcboatguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weed wacker in a rustler

Does anyone no of anybody who ever tried to put a weed wacker engine in a nitro rustler, the only reason I'm asking is because I'm in the process of doing this conversion and would like to see how they did it to how I'm doing it.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:54 PM
Unbreakable207
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: weed wacker in a rustler

...... in a rustler? Depending on the engine, Its probably is WAY too big! Get an O.S. 4 stroke.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:08 PM
rcboatguy

ya it is a nitro rustler and the engine is really big, but i stretched the chassi 2 inch's and I'm getting ready to make motor mount's, so its kinda late to put an o.s 4 stroke in it. The end result it runs on gas and i don't think anyone ever has done this type of conversion to a stadium truck befor.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:13 PM
A.B.U

Can I uh, ever borrow that thing to cut my grass? Naw, j/k. Good luck with it though.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:19 PM
badz

lol....the torque will tear your tiny little frame to shreds not to mention you won't ever find st shocks to support a gaser even if you went small with a 23cc at 2.5+ HP it'll be amazing if you can do it...it can be done but it sure won't be no rustler when your done since none of it's parts can handle that kind of power. Just as some advice...on my xtm gasers i run 40 series moabs on one and 40 series road rages on the other...both got big bore kits to 27cc...around 3.5HP i've completly shreded the road rages before I got my second tank thru and thats without spinning them or doing doughnuts....the moab's are ripped up bad also with dirt running only....nitro made parts just can't handle real rc's, Also consider a gaser at 20-25 pounds going 45 for mb's and over 90MPH for f1's....kinda hard to stop on standard brake disk...kinda why most run hydraulic braking...If you do it post pics..will be a awesome machine thats for sure
Old 07-06-2005, 03:43 PM
cameorn

for some reason i think this guy is lying to use unless i see some pics of it being built and finished im not saying yes or no
Old 07-06-2005, 04:27 PM
rcboatguy

This is no joke, but if you want it to be one, thats up to you. all have pics up and some videos in a couple of weeks as I'm going on vacation. The drive system(I'm pretty sher the only way it can be done) is gonna half to be belt driven so i think a can gear it up with the pulleys so theres not so much torque and stress on the drive components. the new chassi is made out of 1/4 inch aircraft grade aluminum so i don't think all have any problems with flexing or twisting. Any other helpfull ideas are appreciated!
Old 07-06-2005, 04:38 PM
InfinitySpeed04

I really dont think thats a great idea. the engine would have too much power for a rustler. You would clearly tear that entire car to pieces with it. But hey if you want to give it a try, dont let me be the one to stop you
Old 07-07-2005, 12:50 AM
smokingcrater

you do realize the size of a weedy? the flywheel on my 25cc converted weedy is bigger then any .15 size glow engine! i could probably fit a .15 inside the combustion chamber!
Old 07-07-2005, 02:10 PM
badz

ORIGINAL: rcboatguy

This is no joke, but if you want it to be one, thats up to you. all have pics up and some videos in a couple of weeks as I'm going on vacation. The drive system(I'm pretty sher the only way it can be done) is gonna half to be belt driven so i think a can gear it up with the pulleys so theres not so much torque and stress on the drive components. the new chassi is made out of 1/4 inch aircraft grade aluminum so i don't think all have any problems with flexing or twisting. Any other helpfull ideas are appreciated!
Head into the RC Cars and Trucks/Giant Scale Forums....there's a guy there has built a gaser S-Maxx...might be alot of help for ya.

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2893529/tm.htm]S-Maxx Gaser[/link]

And just to show you size difference between gaser and nitro....my XTM 1/6th aside my Jato 1/10th Oh and if you want let me know I got a XTM ripped down I can take photo's of all the pieces for you.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70763.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	294684   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79162.jpg
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	294685   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77795.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	294686   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36288.jpg
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	294687  
Old 07-07-2005, 03:07 PM
R_man_5k
My Feedback: (14)

looking forward to seeing pics of this. It will be a beast if you can get it all together!
Old 07-07-2005, 03:42 PM
D0G

I myself just got back from the Hardware store, I was checking out the weed whacker engines, the engines on even the feather lite are WAYYYYYY to big to put in a 1/10th scale RC...the engines are to big to even put ON a 1/10th scale RC...you would have to stratch the frame to double the width, therefore having a square frame. The weight of a featherlite WeedWhacker is more then my fully assembled 1/10th scale Staduim truck. For a few years now I have been wrestling with the idea of a total custom RC...theres no way a 1/10th scale can hold/support/carry or even sit beside a weed whacker engine..in my opinion of course. But hey....prove us all wrong and I just might buy the blueprints from you.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:14 PM
badz

ORIGINAL: D0G

I myself just got back from the Hardware store, I was checking out the weed whacker engines, the engines on even the feather lite are WAYYYYYY to big to put in a 1/10th scale RC...the engines are to big to even put ON a 1/10th scale RC...you would have to stratch the frame to double the width, therefore having a square frame. The weight of a featherlite WeedWhacker is more then my fully assembled 1/10th scale Staduim truck. For a few years now I have been wrestling with the idea of a total custom RC...theres no way a 1/10th scale can hold/support/carry or even sit beside a weed whacker engine..in my opinion of course. But hey....prove us all wrong and I just might buy the blueprints from you.

Yeah it for sure won't be 1/10th scale cause the engines are 10 times the size of nitro's...I'm pretty sure he's trying to make a giant scale type rustler...which there is already a Stadium Truck made by FG....Engine wise he can go alotta routes...smallest engine for the power is 23cc Zenoah or similar types..Sikk,Chung Yang.....sweet thing is with a gaser you got so much more potential for increasing real HP not like a nitro that you gain much of nothing with engine hop up's....My XTM was 1.5HP stock 23cc..I've added a big bore to 27cc it added 2 more HP also simple things on gasers such as air filter upgrades actually matter...a K&N for example add's so much more top end and increases your low end torque plus to use it you install a riser which add's additional power...can go on and on there's millions of reasons to go gas but very few to stay nitro...it's just the way it is
Old 07-07-2005, 06:54 PM
InfinitySpeed04

That engine would be enormous. give it a try and make a video of it.[sm=tired.gif]