Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 07:25 PM
djv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help

about a week ago or so i but a duratrax nitro evader st.. i got some problems, my trasmision doesn't work and the car is leaking nitro, dont know were i think internaly and i need help ... for what i should with my nest .i drive my nest smooth not crazy i tuned the engine properly know this problems has pop out of no were......
Old 07-07-2005, 08:06 PM
REVOJoe

Default RE: need help

Leaking nitro Evader... immagine that, I think everyone who has a Evader has some leaking problems at one time or another. Tighten the screw under the gas tank flip up cap, that should help. If not maybe a broken tank?
Trans??? could be alot of things, maybe someone could shoot a link to a self help site for that, don't be scared to take it apart, not much to it actually, you should see an obvious problem if it just won't move., you can replace the whole thing for $20 in parts

joe
Old 07-07-2005, 08:11 PM
djv

the engine takes a wile to turn i mean a while the steering servo broke and is not the tank i check do you think i should send ed to duratrax
Old 07-07-2005, 08:30 PM
rc driver49

I had leaking problems with my evader. [:'(] I looked everywhere and finally saw that it was my exhaust header that was leaking. So i took alot of epoxy and covered that sucker and never had any more problems.

I also suspected the tank because lots of people have been having problems with their evader tank. SO i bought the rc10 gt tank and that helped too. The new tank looks much better. No leaks at all. And it gives a better pressure and fuel feed into the engine. That in turn made my engine easier to tune and more reliable. I can start in in 1 or 2 pulls now .

If you cant find the problem i would first try to just replace the tank. I would say you'll have to later on anyway. You just have to drill 3 new holes for the chassis. If you need help just PM me.

Hope this helped,
rc driver49
Old 07-07-2005, 08:41 PM
djv

the only thing that bothers me is that is only one week old and duratrax is promising the car for 90 days with no probelm i have spend allot of money on this car to breack on me so fast . PS.....info help me allot
Old 07-07-2005, 10:21 PM
rc driver49

Take it to your LHS and see if they can help you out. You will be rewarded with a fun truck once its working the way its supposed to.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:57 AM
djv

i was thinking sending it to duratrax maybe they would send me a new one.....because this truck has serious problems it cammed whit defects from factory..... and I'm not going to put money out of my pocket .....its enough paying for shipping i have come to a decision I'm going to send ed to duratrax...
Old 07-08-2005, 09:07 AM
A.B.U

Why would you do that? If you can't face the problems, then maybe the hobby isn't for you.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:40 AM
djv

this hobby is for me but if duratrax guarantees the truck for 90 days I'm going to use it 100%
Old 07-08-2005, 10:04 AM
A.B.U

I see, well just get a new one then...
Old 07-08-2005, 07:32 PM
djv

WHAT ALL OF YOU THINK
Old 07-08-2005, 09:33 PM
InfinitySpeed04

If yor really cant take it then go ahead. But if this is what you are going to do when you have your 90 days. what will you after the 90 days is up? throw it away? I say you should do the job yourself because it would help you to learn more about your car in the long run. But if you want to be that way you can go ahead and send it to duratrax for a new evader. I'm just saying that if you send it back and get a new one you might just end up breaking the new and if that happens then this hobby just isnt the one for you to be trying right now.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:24 PM
vwalton

the problem with your tranny could be the diff gear I melted two of them before I switched to an aluminum one. As far as taking it apart goes I don't think it's too hard and I think you should try it I did it and I'm only 15 with no mechanical experience prior to taking apart my evader.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:18 AM
djv

its not diff gear its inside the gear box the diff gear spins but doesn't transfer the power to the wheels