RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Need help w/ clutch problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 09:14 AM
REVOJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help w/ clutch problems

HI gang,
This is in my Evader ST, The stock clutch shoe is spinning inside the bell, I have been troubleshooting drive train problems and have determined that the stock Duratrax plastic shoe is burning up inside the shoe.I have replaced it with a Traxxas shoe and another Duratrax shoe with no success. I can hold the rear tires on the pavement, stomp the gas and the flywheel spins and the clutch bell does not.
Truck does run alright, just doesn't have that "off the line"punch like it once had.
Anyone else have this problem? What to do to fix it? Any better clutch shoes that fit my Evader that will hook up w/o slipping?
Thanks for looking, Joe

Would this be an alum that fits ?[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXELJ1&P=RF]Hardcore racing Shoe[/link]
Old 07-10-2005, 04:56 PM
laserman2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Need help w/ clutch problems

try using a medium to coarse sand paper inside your clutch bell to roughen the inside surface give it a about 10 -12 wipes with the paper and it should help with the traction of the clutch shoes and the bell

hope this helps
Old 07-10-2005, 04:59 PM
REVOJoe

Thanks, I'll give that a try, Joe
Old 07-10-2005, 11:14 PM
InfinitySpeed04

I has the same problem. All I had to do was clean out the inside of the clutch bell. The shoes were just so gummed up and slippery that it really made a difference in the performance.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:34 PM
rc driver49

joe,
If your having alot of problems, you can either sand the cb or shoes. You can also buy this, [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXD217&P=7]Duratrax .12 4 shoe clutch[/link] its only 20 bucks and only requires a little sanding off the shoes because they are a little too big for the cb. I've heard that this clutch lasts long and with later engagement lets you pull some nice wheelies.

Rc driver49