Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Evader Angry : (

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 09:21 AM
Evader 53

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evader Angry : (

Here we go again, more problems with my stupid evader. I have had to put in over $100 in repairs to my evader since I bought it which has been nothing but trouble. I am only 14 and really can't afford this. It is in for repair again which will end up costing me about $50 because of the stupid stuff breaking such as the gas tank for the ThIrD! time. I have E-Stampede and that has been about 20x more fun than this nitro. I just cant afford it, I am unsure what to do. I think I should sell the car, but I don't know how much to ask for. It will be in perfect working order and tuned up when I get it back, so how much do you think I could get for it?

I will probably be sticking with Electric, for it is in my opinion funner, less work, and cheaper than nitro.

Let me hear your opinions,

Thanks,,
Evader
Old 07-10-2005, 10:05 AM
REVOJoe

Default RE: Evader Angry : (

Hey man, sorry to hear about your problems. I can understand how frustrating it must be to have to pour money into your truck. You know you might try calling Duratrax and explaining your situation to them, ask them to allow you to return your truck for trade on an electric ST PRO . Similar money and you already have a charger and batts for your stampede. Just a thoughht.
If you decide to bail, I'ts probably worth $175 or so in my opinion. Nitro can be a bit frustrating at times , but that is what keeps my interest in the hobby. I get bored with hobbies that offer only fun with no frustrations and challenges, that might explain why I have been married for 14 years to the same woman too
Joe
Old 07-10-2005, 10:39 AM
jkulhanek

ORIGINAL: REVOJoe

I get bored with hobbies that offer only fun with no frustrations and challenges
Joe

Same here!

Can you explain to us how your evader managed to get these problems, and by "in for repair" do you mean your local hobby shop is fixing it?
Old 07-10-2005, 10:40 AM
The_Collector

I got my first nitro when I was around 13 or 14. Nitro Stampede. I put quite a bit of money into it as well - just to keep it going. The more experience you get with this stuff, the less you break. Use your nitro only on occassion for now. You don't necessarily have to sell. If you do sell, save the money, don't buy another nitro right away. I'm 22 now and most of my R/C money goes into hop ups instead of replacements.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:44 AM
fga
My Feedback: (2)

sorry for your problems, but what do you mean it's "IN" for repairs? the way the evader is set up, you should easily be able to do anything yourself. are the parts costing you fifty, or the parts and labor charges? anyone will go broke having others fix their trucks everytime something breaks. and unfortuneately, it's inevitable.
a brand new fuel tank from tower costs $4.49.... $4 shipping. $9 problem fixed. for the extra $41, buy some extra spur gears, arms, etc. you'll be set like a clock.
Old 07-10-2005, 04:01 PM
David D

Hey revo if he sells there is no way it is worth 75 bucks if it is stock. I just bought one with 760 invested for 125 dollars, but that was a really good deal usaully you will get about half of what you invested or less. Also how do you break a gas tank it is in the middle of the car and perfectly protected?
Old 07-10-2005, 10:07 PM
InfinitySpeed04

You can easily crack it with enough pressure to the front.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:39 AM
gerwen

You'd save yourself some money if you repaired it yourself. The manual is pretty good at explaining how things are put together. Don't be afraid to take it apart. You'll enjoy the truck a lot more if you do your repairs rather than letting someone else take care of your truck.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:47 AM
kihei11
My Feedback: (13)

I Have a love /hate thing going on with my evader Too. I'm thinking rc-10 lately, I've got to where I check out the chassis and component layout of these, trucks. My main complant about the evader is the steering servo location and maintanance. Just put it away awhile, you'll get interested and love it again
Old 07-28-2005, 07:31 AM
gshunsbergerjr

i just got the nitro evader bx & i love it so far. there has been one problem so far but it was my fault. i ran into a mailbox which tore out the right suspension arm & shock end. every thing else has been great though.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:02 AM
xPAGANx

I have got to be honest here. Nitro RCs are expensive. They require a lot of maintenance and it is very hard for kids to get into this sport. Consider yourself fortunate enough to have had a shot.

If you are having a hard time affording this electric is a little more affordable and by your comments I can already tell you're aware of that. Electrics can also be expensive though. When stuff starts to crap out on an electric or you nail a curb or something, it is going to be expensive to fix.

Money is like the biggest problem with RC and why it doesn't really take off as a popular sport. To play basketball you spend $10-$20 and get a basketball, go out to the park, and play. Dirt cheap. RCs can cost big bucks over the course of the year, expecially if you drive them a lot. Most parents don't want to fork out dough in a money hungry hobby. It can be hard financially.

If you are having a hard time with expenses my suggestion is to spend more time fixing your car than driving it. At least for now. Get down into every little detail of your car. Customize it, paint it, and optimize it. When you can get a job, get one and then all of your expense problems will disolve. Yeah it sucks, I know it. I am 27 now and am just getting into RC. My parents would never spend that kind of cash on me for a hobby.

My best advice is really respect your RC. Treat is nice. Don't hit massive jumps. At least not until you have got a job and are supporting your hobby yourself. Once you can really afford to tear that RC up then do it. Until then just take it easy and have fun.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:05 AM
MadForceDude

stick with electric....when you have more experience with RC and understand that nitro got more power, and more power = more wrenching, more tricky setup and adjustment , try nitro again and have the fun of your life. sorry about this but i'm sick of 14 years old complaining about their truck, its crap, it break, it doesn't run and bla bla bla. get patience, get experience ( hey! just like everyone of us here...) and in couple of years you will be one of the best.

face the fact, their is like 50 tread on this web site about guys saying that their car are crap, and the problem is always the same, no patience no experience.......so now,prove me wrong, read as much tread as you can about the evader st, fix it and unleash that beast.

for opinion and advise, everything as already been said. good luck.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:15 AM
xPAGANx

ORIGINAL: MadForceDude

stick with electric....when you have more experience with RC and understand that nitro got more power, and more power = more wrenching, more tricky setup and adjustment , try nitro again and have the fun of your life. sorry about this but i'm sick of 14 years old complaining about their truck, its crap, it break, it doesn't run and bla bla bla. get patience, get experience ( hey! just like everyone of us here...) and in couple of years you will be one of the best.

face the fact, their is like 50 tread on this web site about guys saying that their car are crap, and the problem is always the same, no patience no experience.......so now,prove me wrong, read as much tread as you can about the evader st, fix it and unleash that beast.

for opinion and advise, everything as already been said. good luck.
You have got to remember he is a kid. He is having a hard time paying for the hobby. He is venting. You are under no obligation to read this stuff. What really ticks me off is that you seem to think he is saying how crappy his truck is. He isn't. Re-read his little message. He simply states that his nitro truck is expensive and he is having a hard time keeping it running due to cash flow

Just remember he is 14 and doing the best he can. He might not be a mechanical guru. I can't speak for him, but you have little right to judge him.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:28 AM
thestratcat
My Feedback: (12)

Hey dude!!!

don't take that sucker to the shop ever again!!! save that money to spend on parts!!! we'll talk (type) you through any problems/repairs that you have.. it's no problem, we can get you through this..

now, with the money you save paying that hobby shop, you can buy replacement parts and be happy about it.. hang in there dude!!
Old 07-28-2005, 08:56 AM
MadForceDude

i like to remind you something that i wright in my previous post:

''so now,prove me wrong, read as much tread as you can about the evader st, fix it and unleash that beast.''

''get patience, get experience ( hey! just like everyone of us here...) and in couple of years you will be one of the best.''

now will you stop saying i'M b*tching this guy ?? i'M just saying that there is so much tread about the evader that you can almost fix any problem and will see that what i said is true. and my point was.....YOU CAN DO IT, MAKE IT WORK.

that it....txs

Old 07-28-2005, 10:10 AM
xPAGANx

ORIGINAL: MadForceDude

i like to remind you something that i wright in my previous post:

''so now,prove me wrong, read as much tread as you can about the evader st, fix it and unleash that beast.''

''get patience, get experience ( hey! just like everyone of us here...) and in couple of years you will be one of the best.''

now will you stop saying i'M b*tching this guy ?? i'M just saying that there is so much tread about the evader that you can almost fix any problem and will see that what i said is true. and my point was.....YOU CAN DO IT, MAKE IT WORK.

that it....txs

Sorry if we had a miscommunication on a massive scale lol. I guess if I could have taken it the wrong way, he could have as well. Text can be easily misinterpreted so I guess we all need to be careful.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:06 PM
StOcKerRaCer

save the nitro. Put it away in a little space where you will remember it, and come on the forums learn learn learn all you can about nitro until your head explodes. Then when you have money take it back out then try again. You will get it this time.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:28 PM
gshunsbergerjr

im 15 & have no job yet. i have planes that i still fly & i just started cars. is there a forum that has lots of tips?
Old 07-28-2005, 11:23 PM
Nitro_Evader_Basher

get aluminum. im 15 and last year (when I was 14) i got really frustrated with broken parts. I got aluminum and the only damage that i've had to my truck this year was a stripped spur gear which was my fault. I honestly don't understand all of the problems that people complain about, if I have a problem, I fix it, if it keeps re-accuring, I upgrade it. I think the evader is the best entry-vehicle because of how easy it is to use.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:04 AM
MadForceDude

ORIGINAL: Nitro_Evader_Basher

get aluminum. im 15 and last year (when I was 14) i got really frustrated with broken parts. I got aluminum and the only damage that i've had to my truck this year was a stripped spur gear which was my fault. I honestly don't understand all of the problems that people complain about, if I have a problem, I fix it, if it keeps re-accuring, I upgrade it. I think the evader is the best entry-vehicle because of how easy it is to use.

i have 15 years of building experience and i say: STAY AWAY FROM ALUMINUM. the problem is: the plastic is keeping is shape is crash, the aluminum bend. sometime, a little crash will have no effect on plastic, but aluminum will bend just a little u won't notice, but it make you car work like crap. for the price of plastic part...just keep a few extra on hand.

and by the way, when a crash is hard enough to break plastic, its hard enough to bend alu in a way its not good anymore.

what do you like to break ? 4.50$ plastic part or 35$ alu part ? and when you gonna break it, will you have extra alu part in your tool box ?

nitro_basher probably don't break stuff anymore because he take care now that he got expensive part.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:32 AM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

Sorry to hear your so pissed off...but all rc's break there isn't any that don't ever break. No matter what anyone say's they are not rock solid and unbreakable. About the toughest of them built are the Monster Trucks...Savage and Revo....those two hold up the best but also have problems at times and can break. The stadium trucks are fragile and do break easily if driven into things or landing wrong...Fuel tanks in them can break easily also by the pull starter rope wacking it...I've seen it happen 20+ times already to people. You can save on parts too by using your evader on road instead of off road....toss some road racing tires on it and run parking lots...hard to damage parts then unless you nail a light pole or curb. Or even drive less aggressive....maybe your beating on it too much...I know everyone I've ever seen stick a pull start cord thru the fuel tank did so cause they where pulling 400 times cause their engines are improperly tuned. You might just need to do more reading up on Nitro's and then take it slow...Evader is a good beginner ST...it's fairly durable and simple to work on...Don't pay your LHS money to fix your RC...repairing them is part of the hobby also don't give up it's a fun hobby and the little Nitro's are a blast to run around but require alot of patience as does anything in this hobby. I have over $15,000 in RC's between airplanes/cars/trucks/heli's and honestly don't regret spending one dime of it on them.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:09 PM
suprcop67
My Feedback: (3)

i thought i had bitten off more than i could chew when i took up this hobby earlier this year, i jumped right into racing the week i got my evader. after a bunch of crashes and broken parts and getting to know the guys at the hobbie shop very well from my weekly visits to restock my tool box from a weekend of racing. I have found that i really love this whole deal. i have made lots of new friends and learned from their experiences. Dont give up on your evader yet just have a little patience at it will all be worthwhile