Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Nitro Evader in today!!! hop ups?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 06:17 AM
aznhustlerboy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro Evader in today!!! hop ups?

OMG! My nitro evader should be in my hands in about 2 hours. What hop ups should i start thinkin about? should i get aluminum idler gear and differential?....or should i think bigger?....YYYYEEEAAAHH!!!
Old 07-13-2005, 10:28 AM
The_Collector

Default RE: Nitro Evader in today!!! hop ups?

The body Duratrax put on these things is ugly. Get one that is modeled from an actual vehicle. You will most likely have to extend the front body mounts. Use it stock for now. Since it's new, upgrade only the parts that decide to break.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:04 AM
D0G
My Feedback: (1)

I Have owned my Nitro EvaderST for about 3 weeks now, There arent to many actual Hop-ups like the Tmaxx and stuff as the Hopups are built in. Unless you buy a new Engine I dont believe the Engine can be upgraded to much. I found the Duratrax .18 Engine that was installed with the truck is plenty fast compared to the guys I Bash with. This is if your planning on Jumping and running it really hard, the plastic parts will be fine for just simple cruisin. Some of the plastic parts are under a yr stress-tech guarantee, but you will either have to wait for the part or go to your local hobby Store to replace these. So I would Suggest upgrading to aluminum parts.

- The Brake Nut.....(Get an Aluminum One)
- The Front Knuckle ..(Get Aluminum Knuckles and Hubs)
- Spur gear ( I deleted some of the teeth..lol) -There is Stronger plastic ones and different numberd teeth..Im sure There are spur gears that will fit that arent advertised.
-I stripped the screws on bottom of the Front Bulkhead so I purchased an aluminum one as well.

Not only do the Aluminum parts look way nicer, they are obviously stronger...But what I noticed was the Screws fit nicer, and its a heck of alot tougher to 'overtighten' a screw.
I personally have an all aluminum part truck (Shock towers, Swing Arms and so on) The parts are just as light if not lighter.
Obviously if you upgrade one part to Aluminum the chances that you will break a plastic part (usually attatched to the Aluminum one) is alot greater as the stress transfers through the Aluminum and out the plastic, so heads up for that. Other then that, this truck rocks and is very quick.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:20 AM
InfinitySpeed04

Aluminum shock towers is one of the first hop ups that I put on my evader. Try to create an aluminum suspension like the suspension arms and control arms. Also if you have any questions about taking it apart just ask.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:26 AM
D0G
My Feedback: (1)

The only site that I have found any parts on is Tower hobbies Have you guys found other sites with different parts? I want more responsive shocks then the actual stock ones. Im also hoping to find a different starter then the pull start. I hate the idea of having to remove the Body to start the truck, seems silly to me. The only thing that I have found is this

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXSN77&P=V

So, any help would be great and I will add new "wanted" parts to my x-mas list..lol
Old 07-13-2005, 12:27 PM
Jamxx

Keep in mind that you need a clutch drill for that. Don't use one without a clutch, because if you do, you could really destroy the internal components of your engine. Such as bending a connecting rod. So make sure you have a clutch drill and use that with that part. Because when the engine is flooded, it can lock, but the drill won't stop so it puts incredible stress of the connecting rod and piston.

I haven't used that part for anything nor heard anything about it until now, but I used a drill for starting my HPI MT2 because my Roto-Start broke. Someone on here told me to make sure you had a clutch drill, which I didn't, so I didn't use it.

Unless that part is equipped with something like that, then make sure you use a clutch drill. I believe you also need to loosen the clutch as much as possible on these too.

Aha! I just found something on TowerHobbies that you may like.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...DURATRAX+.18++

Check that stuff out... Some of it should work with that engine.