Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Should I get an Evader Nitro?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 09:34 AM
theIrishman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I get an Evader Nitro?

I'm wanting something that I can run around my cul-de-sac and through my backyard, that'll get some wicked air, won't break or constantly need to be wrenched on and tweaker. Does the Evader fit the bill or are there better options? I'm not wanting to go much more if any more expensive.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:38 AM
thestratcat
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: Should I get an Evader Nitro?

yes, it's a very cool little truck!! get one, better yet, get two
Old 07-14-2005, 10:27 AM
D0G
My Feedback: (1)

In my Area The LHS's dont normally Carry Duratrax Parts, and that sux the big one as the Evader is an awsome truck. Check around and ask at the Hobby Stores what parts/HOP-UP parts they actually stock. Unless taking 2 weeks off everytime you bust a part is what you want..lol...
Old 07-14-2005, 11:04 AM
ktreezy
Banned

omg get it! i got mine yesterday..i paid 150 shipped on ebay...got the car, radio, extras wheels, glowplugs and starters, and all kinds of stuff...this car is pretty fast too....i have it rich and it does around 30-35mph...great car and ebay ususally always has some for like 125-200 bucks...find a good deal there
Old 07-14-2005, 11:06 AM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea
Old 07-14-2005, 11:51 AM
InfinitySpeed04

Yes its very durable and has a good company behind it. Duratrax is one of the finest R/C companies that I have ever used. I have an evader myself and it is great for street or it the backyard. Plus there are tons of parts to upgrade your car and make it custom. The only thing that I would suggest is another set of tires. If you are doing both off and on road driving get anothe set of street tires. I suggest you get Proline Speed Hawgs for street driving. If you use your off road tires on road then they will go bald and then they become useless in grass and off road.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:23 PM
evaderstbasher

I wouild go with the new XTM Mammoth the things a beast and is only like 340$....its HUGE!
Old 07-14-2005, 05:07 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

The Evaders are pretty good cars. Ive had 2, one nitro and one electric.

Parts support isnt the greatest, but the waranty is good enough to make up for that. The main gripe I have about the Evaders is theirs virtually no aftermarket.

The DTX .18 isnt the greatest but it was all right, a bit slow but a nitro St will rarely ever see its top speed anyways, unless all you do is run it up and down a long road.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:08 PM
InfinitySpeed04

Evaders Rule[sm=punching.gif]
Old 07-14-2005, 08:56 PM
The_Collector

Another truck you might want to consider is the Traxxas Nitro Stampede. It is an excellent jumper and very durable. Good aftermarket support. It is 2WD, making it more fun to drive and easier to work on. Most hobby shops carry Traxxas parts.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:01 PM
ktreezy
Banned

my lhs mostly has duratrax parts...and towerhobbies has everything for it. GET IT! the only "upgrades" im gunna do are aluminum idler gear and diff. gear. to make it tougher. this car is so freakin sweet for the price. i am still amazed at all i got for the price (yea i got a sweet deal on ebay) even if u paaid 200+ for it....its worth it! anyone notice that there arent ANY good nitro evader st vids?...im gunna make one. first just some runs up and down the street to show its speed, then some nice jumps. i got this one thin board of wood thats like 3 feet long and when i angle it about 60 degrees and take my evader off at 3/4 throttle (around 25mph) itll fly about 5 feet high and go 20 feet