RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Most Annoying thing EVER

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 09:16 AM
D0G
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most Annoying thing EVER

So, im here to rant cause my GF just thinks its funny.. [>:] And that frustrates me even more. I take my N Evader apart after about every 3-5 runs, depending on how dirty it gets, and I am finding that the rear Tranny screws and Suspension Plate screws as well are getting VERY beat up, then as soon as I try and turn them, they become stripped. So I have to drill the freakin things out. I have done this 3 times now and am finding it to be a huge pain in the butt. If I was to place a .....Ya know a Rubber booty that goes over shoes for the rain...One of those over the bottom of the frame, In your opinion would the little bit of weight affect the performace of my Truck? Of course some trimming would have to be done.

On a Side note, how does the fuel line on the Nitro Evader Not melt? they wrapp it around the cooling fins on the motor, and I burn my fingers trying to shut it off, but the fuel line doesnt even get warped or nothing. Strange materials I guess...
Old 07-15-2005, 10:04 AM
David D

Default RE: Most Annoying thing EVER

Jsut run a couple of strips of blue masking tape over it and replace it as neccassery.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:22 AM
D0G

Ya I sopose that would work, or maybe even some Duct tape, alittle stroger, just replace Every Time out so as the tape doesnt get to old and hard to remove...Good idea..
Old 07-15-2005, 11:23 AM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

I use stickyback lamination film on the bottom of my chassis's. It helps keep the chassis from getting too beat up on jumps.

It works good for composite, graphite, or carbon fiber chassis (such as on my electrics), but not too good on nitro's unless you clean the chassis REALLY good.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:37 PM
brownstone101

silicone fuel tubing it could be in the motor and not melt dono y
Old 07-15-2005, 12:51 PM
InfinitySpeed04

The fuel tubing doesnt melt because it is made of a special heat resistant material. To keep the bottom of my evader clean I cut up a book sock. Those ones you put over textbooks in school. I got the idea when I didnt want to get my new shoes muddy. So I cut the book sock up and stretched it over the chassis.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:00 PM
D0G

Since I actually have my Evader apart right now and I am waiting on Basically all new aluminum parts and a new clutch bell (thanx to you guys my GF thinks I spend to much on this hobby) like I said since its apart down to the chassi I am going to experiment with a few different protection ideas. In my opinion, RC's will get scratched, they will get dirty, and they will break and thats part of the hobby, but I didnt sign up for this stripped screw business.. [>:] so I am going to figure something out.

Infinity, I believe your book sock, and my rubber cover are along the same lines, Im just curious if the extra 4-5 ounces will make a difference. Possibly ADD traction? I cant see even 1-2 lbs making a huge difference but when dealing with an RC that starts out at 5 lbs...it may make a HUGE difference. I guess we will see soon enough...

*waits on the DoorStep for the UPS driver*
Old 07-15-2005, 01:08 PM
InfinitySpeed04

I guess so...[]
Old 07-15-2005, 03:26 PM
Tricksligger

I Used a 3M Vinyl sticker. 3 layers, if I have to get to a screw I will cut it out and add a new layer. In two and a half gallons I havent had to remove or tighten a screw though. In my past nitros It seemed like I was re-positioning the motor every half gallon of bashing no matter how tight I had the screws. Maybe the vinyl is stoping the screws from vibrating out, they have no place to go. If you run and jump on concrete this might not work.

I dont know how hard it is to get off the chassis yet. Im sure it wont be too hard with the right chemical. I dont care cause this chassis is history when I get my chassis back from the anodizer guys.[8D]
Ive always thought RPM should come out with some cool light plastic molds for chassis. Goes on and off with a few countersunk screws.

This pic is from the day I did it a couple months back its a little more scuffed up now but not penatrated.([8D])
I have also cut the gas drain hole out since then
Old 07-15-2005, 03:45 PM
econ909

have you ever owned a Gt?
Old 07-15-2005, 04:15 PM
D0G

Thats awsome Trigger... Ya I have had trouble with screws shakin themselves loose to, I would be that anything over them would hold them in alittle bit more. I will play with a few ideas and see what works., but I cant just keep drilling the screws out as this will eventually damage the threads if I am not careful. More ideas are welcome ladies...
Old 07-15-2005, 08:53 PM
evaderstbasher

I had the screw stripping problems also...get the allen head Traxxas screws that fit your length and screw size then put those in there its NICE and i havent had any problems since!
Old 07-15-2005, 09:05 PM
avg_joe

Having good allen wrenches is a must. They MUST be the hardened, machined ends. None of those bent into an L stamped wrenches, They will strip heads everytime. As a last effort to getting a screw out, try grinding 1/16 inch off of your allen wrench if it is a bent stamped one. Somebody also came up with the idea of soldering the allen wrench into the head. I've never gotten to try that one though, so I don't know if that would work, but it sounds good in theory. If anybody has tried it, say something, as I am pretty curious as to if that works.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:09 PM
Skullbasher

Get something tiny like dental tools and clean out the screw heads before you try and get them out/tighten them. This will most likley help your stripping problem.

The fuel tubing should be fine, unless you are running you engine well over 350f. Even if the melting point of silicone is lower than 350f, your cooling head should not be getting hot enough to melt the stuff.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:36 PM
derekxec

i have soldered keys to the screws and it works but if the screw is real tight you need to have a really strong solder on it or it will just knock off
Old 07-17-2005, 10:43 AM
Nitro Rustler Racer

dude all you do is take some crab cleaner that u can find at walmrt auto section or autozone ect........... and the screws that look durty blast it with that, it takes all teh grease away that makes the screw driver to slip and stripp the screws, oh and when you do unscrew the screws push hard on the screw driver
Old 07-17-2005, 11:21 PM
epicrc10

i got tired of my allens stripping out all the time so i wwent to home depot and took an allen screw and found a phillips head that fits perfectly...fixed my problems..
Old 07-18-2005, 07:53 PM
InfinitySpeed04

Damn screws, I just stripped like half of the ones on the chassis.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:27 PM
David D

Phillip heads strip more than hex screws. You guys just need some good allen drivers instead of cheap ones.