RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

RC Weight Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 12:28 PM
D0G
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Weight Issues?

Im Curious to know how much the Average RC weighs. Im asking because I have a Nitro Evader with Aluminum Parts, and I am going to Fabricate a "Sheath" or a cover for the chassis. Just wondering if the extra Ounces, or Extra LB would make that much of a difference? As well I am looking at the possibilities of making a cover for all my electronics...making the cover out of Tupperware, or Gladware. In my opinion the weight might slow you down, and decrease accel time by a fraction, but it might also improve traction due to the extra weight. Has anyone actually weighed thier RC before a MOD and after? And possibly noticed a difference? I know in most cases less weight = faster RC, but...I dunno....what do you guys think?
Old 07-18-2005, 01:50 PM
rushdude

Default RE: RC Weight Issues?

On average about 2-3 lbs. for stadium trucks.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:30 PM
Skullbasher

I'm not sure how much it will effect preformance, but I don't think aluminum makes it that much heavier.
I know I weighed my almost all aluminum rusty at 4.3 lbs. I just checked and stock, the the rustler weighs 4.4 lbs. Though I have removed the ez-start.
I'm not sure how accurate these are, but I have gathered it from multiple sites:
Rustler:4.4 lbs(I found alot of sites that say 3.75 lbs w/o the radio, I'm not sure about that though)
Jato:4.725 lbs
RC10GT:4.25(w/o engine or radio)
XXX-NT:4.54375
Nitro Evader:4.3 lbs

So on average STs weigh about 4.45 lbs
Old 07-18-2005, 03:37 PM
epicrc10

Well on a 1:1 car 100 lbs account for a one tenth of a second. If you remove 100 lbs. You should (in essence) drop a tenth off your qt mile time. Convert every thing to 1:10 and it "should" be about the same.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:57 PM
D0G

Thats about what I figured. 4-5 Lbs or so. I guess im trying to wrap my brain around the idea that Traction is so hard to get to begin with because of the power to weight ratio, that adding a small amount of weight might increase traction. I guess I will find out soon enough as I will be starting this little experiment this week.