RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Customized Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 04:15 PM
D0G
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Customized Pipe

This might be a stupid Question, But why on earth does the Exhaust port shoot out the Excess oil and crap. RIGHT onto my tire?
Im thinking I should be able to extend that little nub of a port with either a perminant solderd on extension and run it out the back somehow, or just a piece of Fuel tubing....Im finding myself spending more time cleaning the oil off my Passenger side tire then anything..lol..I think it would look way neater to if the Exhaust was shooting out of the back of the truck..I dunno...
but do you think this Extension result in a loss of power. Or Possibly damage the engine in any way?
Old 07-18-2005, 04:17 PM
Grantothismo

Default RE: Customized Pipe

D0G:

Most people put a rubber deflector on theirs. You have probably seen them on Revo or T-Maxx - just buy one and out it on and problem solved.

Gran
Old 07-18-2005, 07:04 PM
InfinitySpeed04

You have a passenger side? Do people ride in your car?
Old 07-18-2005, 07:46 PM
avg_joe

The technical term for that little nub of a port is the stinger. It is engineered a specific length, diameter, and exit point. Any changes made will have an effect on your performance. Most of the stinger extenders don't drag performance down much, and they make the engine quieter. I personally want every drop of power.(without toasting sleeves) I think a truck with some dirt in spots that are hard to clean has character. After a while the wheels get beat up around the bead, and start to get scratched up, so it isn't such a big deal if they get a little dirty. If you do use a stinger extender, cut it as short as you can and still divert oil from collecting on the truck to minimize the power loss.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:27 PM
AJ DRAGON

Hi

Duratrax makes some exhaust deflectors for the Street Force GP. Unfortunately they don't work too well on it they seem to get ruined really quick on a street cars. But they work great on stadium trucks, I have one on each of my RC10GT's. The exhaust goes out far enough so that the fuel doesn't get on the body or tires.