RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

jato or hpi mt2 18ss help???

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 07:57 PM
ayk07
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jato or hpi mt2 18ss help???

HEY, i am a savage owner and i am thinking about buying a stadium truck or a mt, right now i am stuck betweeen the hpi mt2 18ss and the jato, i whant something that has a lot of aftermarket parts i am mostly going to race on road, and i whant something that requires less maintenence, can u guys help me deside which one to buy?
Old 08-02-2005, 10:49 AM
thestratcat
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: jato or hpi mt2 18ss help???

Not having experience with either, here's what I see:

Jato - OMG fast, which is great, until you figure that it's going to have OMG force when it hits something at OMG fast speeds. It is two wheel drive instead of four wheel drive, if you are going to race in sanctioned races this won't be a problem.

MT2SS - very fast from what I've read, four wheel drive. I'm not real experienced here, but from what I can tell, I like the 4 wheel drive for my RC18 as far as handling goes over my evader which is two wheel drive. Drawbacks are you are going to have to build it (I read that it comes with NO extra parts) and being four wheel drive, you may not be able to race it in organized races..

with all that said, what you are going to get here from everyone is the old Chevy vs. Ford argument, both are good, but ask a ford guy about a chevy and he's gonna tell you it sucks, that ford is the only way to go.. it's a matter of preference I think.

Personally, I've been debating these two cars also, after I finish building my clay oval car, I'm going to go with the HPI to bash with, I like the idea of building it and adding my own electronics and not replacing what comes on the car out of the box. I'll give up a couple of mph for better handling.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:38 PM
NitroRunner

hey ayksic, id say get a jato. I dont have any expeirience with the mt2ss but after driving the jato i had my mind made up witch truck i wanted. ive heard the mt2 is fast but not as fast as the jato. Ive heard the jato breaks easy but from what ive seen its pretty tough. i was doin full speed on a flat dirt field when i hit a rock about the size of a golf ball. my jato flew into the air and crashed down hard then rolled 7 times and landed on its roof, i went and flipped it over and kept driving lol. the thing is tough, fast and is more race ready than the mt2ss.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:57 PM
kdubbz
My Feedback: (2)

If u wanted a good off road stadium truck get the 18SS because of the 4WD and the motor that comes with it is an easy to tune motor. If you go with the jato you would probably do more racing and or on road driving. I Have the rush evo and its just rear wheel drive with a .15 motor and it flys. I got it to do some wheelies. So its up to you at this point. If you want more of a monster truck type of ST then the 18SS is for you because of the 4WD with large tires with a ST size 1/10 scale truck. Jato is like that cept with no 4wd and may be a little heavier with the ez-start system, but its not 4wd so lighter on that part too. What ever, its up to you now.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:50 PM
52zmaster2001
My Feedback: (3)

i have both the jato has the edge in top speed both have been tough so far only broke a couple of rear hubs on the 18SS they let the 18SS race at our track you race with the TMaxx`s revo`s does very well my jato is setup more for racing but that is what i bought it for to see if it would be competative it is very close to my RC10GT in lap times you will have more money invested in the 18SS by the time you are finished both are good for playing around i would have to say if used only for bashing i would get the 18SS
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89675.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	307681   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31919.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	307682