Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Jato a piece of you know what

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 05:38 PM
JoeBurgarino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jato a piece of you know what

these are my opinions of my jato, dont flame me, ok well i have had it for a month and its been nothing, its only started 2 times, i have tried the carburetor AT EVERY POSSIBLE SETTING WITH LOW AND HIGH SPEED NEEdles, i use 20% traxxas top fuel, i did the proper break in, the ez start was a bad so i got a pull starter, it still doesnt start with a new glow plug and charged igniter, and there are no mechanical problems ive taken it to 4 local experts and they say it should work it just doesnt, others have had different experiences but no me i am sorry i bought it
Old 08-10-2005, 05:41 PM
A.B.U

Default RE: Jato a piece of you know what

Ooooh, ouch. Good thing I'm not going to buy a Jato.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:21 PM
PillowPants

I'm not flaming you or anything and by no means am i a jato fanboy, but did you ever consider that maybe its you and your patience, and not the truck?
Old 08-10-2005, 06:48 PM
A.B.U

ORIGINAL: TheHamburglar

I'm not flaming you or anything and by no means am i a jato fanboy, but did you ever consider that maybe its you and your patience, and not the truck?
I keep seeing your sig change, guess ya can't really make up your mind, eh? I changed mine for the last time too, lol, I chose a Revo.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:54 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: AnotherBoringUsername

ORIGINAL: TheHamburglar

I keep seeing your sig change, guess ya can't really make up your mind, eh? I changed mine for the last time too, lol, I chose a Revo.
i know dude! its soo hard! Just when i think i have my mind made up... i see something at my lhs and completely change my mind. So i just decided on a mayhem buggy and i'm trying really hard not to look at any other trucks right now.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:07 PM
A.B.U

I've decided to get an mt (Revo), to try something beastly and diferent.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:21 PM
JoeBurgarino

nope i have been very calm and given the jato a bunch more chances i just have to get it set up right, but ive read the manual 8 times called traxxas a couple times tried every possible thing and it still doesnt worlk
Old 08-10-2005, 07:48 PM
A.B.U

Hmmm, never get something because all the hype, lol.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:48 PM
kdubbz
My Feedback: (2)

let me tell you my brothers tmaxx has been the biggest pain. Hard to get started sometimes and is hard to get to idle. I am good at tuning engines now and I cant seem to get that engine into a good tune. but when it gets running, it runs pretty good for a while. later
Old 08-10-2005, 09:53 PM
thestratcat
My Feedback: (12)

for teh first two months I had my evader, it was a nightmare.. until I figured out how to get everything set right for me.. the other ones bought at the same time by my Mother and brother didn't give me a lick of problems, just the one that I ran.. finally, it quit doing stupid crap and has run ever since.. have patience man (I'm not one to talk)

my T-maxx hasn't given me a problem yet, the engine is hard to tune at times, but it seems like it's over that phase now, it fires right up for me..

just hang in there dude, it's a hobby, ya gotta put some time into it..
Old 08-10-2005, 10:33 PM
xPAGANx

Is this your first nitro Joe?
Old 08-10-2005, 10:39 PM
Unbreakable207
My Feedback: (1)

The Jato doesn't suck, your tuning does. Obviously you don't know what your doing, call up traxxas customer support, you'll need it.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:39 PM
Tricksligger

Your the first un-happy Jato owner Ive heard from. I belong to about 4 r/c forums and everyone loves thier Jato, including me. You may of got a bad seed I dont deny that. But I keep hearing stuuf in this thread like" dont buy cause of hype" and "glad I didnt get a Jato". Sillyness!!! If every truck that had problems meant the whole model was junk than youd have to throw in every r/c truck ever made into the junk list. The TRX2.5 is a hard engine to tune due to the fact the lsn is very picky and many newbs dont adjust the lsn(Im not saying you in peticular)

All I can say is take the engine apart and see if theres a problem. Cause once you get it running it is a insanely durable, ballistic, high flying machine. I do stuff with my Jato that Revo owners wouldnt dare to do. As soon as I get my ebay digi camcorder you will see what I mean.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:44 PM
A.B.U

ORIGINAL: Tricksligger

Your the first un-happy Jato owner Ive heard from. I belong to about 4 r/c forums and everyone loves thier Jato, including me. You may of got a bad seed I dont deny that. But I keep hearing stuuf in this thread like" dont buy cause of hype" and "glad I didnt get a Jato". Sillyness!!! If every truck that had problems meant the whole model was junk than youd have to throw in every r/c truck ever made into the junk list. The TRX2.5 is a hard engine to tune due to the fact the lsn is very picky and many newbs dont adjust the lsn(Im not saying you in peticular)

All I can say is take the engine apart and see if theres a problem. Cause once you get it running it is a insanely durable, ballistic, high flying machine. I do stuff with my Jato that Revo owners wouldnt dare to do. As soon as I get my ebay digi camcorder you will see what I mean.
A backflip off of a ramp with a Jato....wow. Every other stadium truck, buggy, and monster truck can do it too. I'm sure Revo owners would possibly do more than you would with your Jato.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:03 PM
JoeBurgarino

ORIGINAL: Unbreakable207

The Jato doesn't suck, your tuning does. Obviously you don't know what your doing, call up traxxas customer support, you'll need it.
ive tried every imaginable carb setting with both needles and traxxas customer support is bad, their answer to everything is to send out a replacement part for a part thats functioning just fine
Old 08-10-2005, 11:28 PM
RAGE 5

theres three needles
hsn, lsn, and idle speed screw
Old 08-10-2005, 11:36 PM
A.B.U

Ah well, just send her to your lhs to get her tuned. I've nothing with the Jato, I still like it, but I think an mt would be better for now.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:34 AM
sk8r8919

wait how long do you wait b4 u change these settings. you keep saying you tried every one. you know your not suppsoed o tune the 2.5 o nthe first tank, your supposed ot clear the crank case 4 every adjustment. you have to tune the hsn first then check idle then do lsn then check idle again. if you dont feel like doing high speed passes for the lsn. lift your wheels off the ground add about 1/2 to full throttle blips. do the pinch test and follow it. thats how people at the tracks do it and it works for them. remeber any engine is tunable, its just how you can tune your engine. i basically tuen my engine ot my ear. i can hear when its runnign to rich or lean.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:04 AM
sk8r8919

wait how long do you wait b4 u change these settings. you keep saying you tried every one. you know your not suppsoed o tune the 2.5 o nthe first tank, your supposed ot clear the crank case 4 every adjustment. you have to tune the hsn first then check idle then do lsn then check idle again. if you dont feel like doing high speed passes for the lsn. lift your wheels off the ground add about 1/2 to full throttle blips. do the pinch test and follow it. thats how people at the tracks do it and it works for them. remeber any engine is tunable, its just how you can tune your engine. i basically tuen my engine ot my ear. i can hear when its runnign to rich or lean.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:12 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

I detest the TRX 2.5 more than anybody on this entire website, but it's NOT that hard to tune. if you're having problems with the engine, that A: is not a fault with the truck itself, and B: you need to buy yourself a nice little .12CV-X to hone your n00b tuning.

don't go saying a truck is crap just because the engine is soooooooooooooo hard to tune, come on. If you paid attention to anything you could have it running like a scared rabbit in 3 minutes if you did a search on tuning. search for Frost's Learning To Rip thread.

the LSN should be brought out flush with the throttle arm, go 4 turns out on the HSN, and do it in VERY SMALL INCREMENTS. dont go half turns, because that's how n00bs like you fry motors.

Have a nice day.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:36 AM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

I'll give ya $10 for that so called piece of crap

Find a new LHS your LHS is clueless...if they can't tune a 2.5 they shouldn't sell RC's......your tweaking the hell outta them needles and blamming traxxas....maybe you should find the people in China that built the engine and complain to them too...but you keep forgetting to tell all these people one thing....YOU CAN'T TUNE A NITRO AND YOUR CRANKING THE NEEDLES AROUND LIKE THEY ARE DOORKNOBS
Old 08-11-2005, 10:49 AM
Nitro Rustler Racer

welcome to the traxxas life, do this, leave the truck alot for bout a day, then put fuel in the tank and open it to full throttle, then prime it and watch how the fuel goes into the carb, when u see the line is full of fuel stop priming, then leave it on full throttle, and start it, it should start, when it start let off the gas and then there u go
Old 08-11-2005, 11:09 AM
zabooza

I haven't had a problem with mine yet. [8D]
Old 08-11-2005, 12:32 PM
JoeBurgarino

I'll give ya $10 for that so called piece of crap

Find a new LHS your LHS is clueless...if they can't tune a 2.5 they shouldn't sell RC's......your tweaking the hell outta them needles and blamming traxxas....maybe you should find the people in China that built the engine and complain to them too...but you keep forgetting to tell all these people one thing....YOU CAN'T TUNE A NITRO AND YOUR CRANKING THE NEEDLES AROUND LIKE THEY ARE DOORKNOBS
[/quote]

i thought that was it but ive tried 4 different lhs' and a local 2.5 expert they dont know why it wont start
Old 08-11-2005, 12:35 PM
xPAGANx

Well send the thing to Traxxas and make them seal with it. Just prey to god it doesn't fire right up for them when they get it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.