Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

I'm back, with evader woes

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 03:14 PM
be4life182

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm back, with evader woes

Well well well, it seems like forever since ive posted on RCU, glad to be back though. I finally got my evader parts in and I fixed it up, and the last 2 days ive had nothing but problems. The story begins here~
Yesterday I get my NEST ready and go out to run it. It starts right off as usual, but it keeps stalling on me. I figure its the air filter so i clean it, and Pop it back in. That seemed to have done it. Never stalled after that. Then as im running it i notice the throttles not responding. I look it over and realize the stupid brass carb. housing it loos again, and it wont open the carb. So i call it quits for the night, easy fix for tomorow i though. Today I go to fix it, and to get at that stupid carb. i have to take my servo horn off, no problem i though. SO i take it off, and tighten the carb nut pretty tightly, because i dont want do it again in the near future. I notice that now my throttle linkage is thrown way off by this, now the plastic throttle is way to far over(towards the muffler). Also i notice that since its so far over that it looks straining on it when i press the throttle because it has to get over a certain point before it can move easy, but at this point i dont care. I put the servo horn on and make proper adjustments to make sure that the carb still opens enough, this means moving it a few notches to the right. Then i go out and run it, it starts up after a little fuss. I then notice im running way to hot and my engin sounds a tad lean, so not remembering my settings from last year, i just take the neadle out a whole turn. After running it i notice that when i hit the throttle, my wheels wont move, and the engin barely revs louder. I decide to lean it out a bit. This seems to make it rev higher, and finally i got it to move. SO i drive it for a while until i run out of fuel. Then i check things out, and notice my break pad is toast. I feel dumb for not adjusting the breaks. Now i have to make another order from tower, and spend more money, and chances are, it still wont run. Im getting kind of sick of this, i wish it was still at factory settings. My advice is to Not change it once u get it broken in and such, you will have a better time in the long run. Also, i now hate dtx .18 carb because its a POS. Heres a pic of the break pad, hope u all enjoy. I cant wait to get my parts for my E-Rusty, at least its not so complicated, which makes up for the speed difference.
Whoops, i guess this pic is way out of focus. O well, i guess u can still see the damage.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg14108.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	308868