RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

evader st..outta control, kinda

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 05:46 PM
aznhustlerboy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default evader st..outta control, kinda

it seems like it takes me less of an effort to get it to go faster u know what i mean?...its like i used to have to pull the trigger half way to make it go noticalbly fast, but now it goes really fast really quick with just the slightest tap on the trigger....and sometimes i have to hit the brakes for it to slow down whereas i used to beable to let the throttle go and it would almost stop completely. i did mess around with the throttle servo and did stuff like take off the servo horn....turn everything on....and reset the horn so that it wouldnt apply as much throttle...but it is still bugging me. wut could be the problem?....do i need new batteries?
Old 08-11-2005, 06:58 PM
savageman90
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: evader st..outta control, kinda

does it idle with out moving... if it does... that is good if it seems like it takes off faster and seems faster... who doesn't want a faster car?
Old 08-11-2005, 07:10 PM
econ909

Has anyone ran the LRP.28 yet? I was wondering how it ripps compared to like a mach 26, or wasp 26. How is the tuning also? Does it hold a good tune or is it like the wasp 26 where u have to keep the idle a little high so it doesnt quit on ya if u give it half throttle and let off. Im running the wasp 26 in my hotbodies truggy right now but want a little more for the track(novarossi 28 is getting me in the straights).

Thanx for the info in advance
Old 08-11-2005, 07:15 PM
aznhustlerboy

well i like that its a bit faster but it was too wild...and its harder to control
Old 08-11-2005, 07:43 PM
dicko

check that your clutch spring isn't worn out (when the car doesn't slow down when you let go of the throttle it is a sign the clutch is still engaged). and with the engine not running check the throttle & carb are set properly. you may also be running lean, or have a split fuel line letting air in & leaning out the mixture.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:53 AM
aznhustlerboy

ok is the clutch spring that big one on the spur gear>? the one that i can tighten?....
Old 08-12-2005, 09:17 AM
D0G
My Feedback: (1)

No, The clutch spring is the spring in your clutchbel that holds your clucth shoes together. The gear that your talking about meshes with the clutch bell gear. Take the bell off, remove the little e clip, and a the bearings, be careful with the bearings they are flanged and may catch. I wrecked my bearings while removing them, only cause I was in a hurry.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:27 PM
yoster

Just so you know, it is good that the truck isn't stopping when you let go of the throttle now. For racing, you want it adjusted so it will freely coast with no throttle, and only slow down when you hit the brakes. You can adjust your brake by using an allen wrench on the throttle linkage where it connects to the brake linkage.. move it back for less brake and forward for more.

Also like someone else mentioned, you could very well be lean.