Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Need some help.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 03:02 PM
MadMax11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help.....

I can not get my damn truck started. Recently I have been working on replacing several parts (Turnbuckles, bent dogbone [don't ask]. and other such parts) and I finally gas 'er up and go to start 'er and she won't start. I had one little sputter but that was last week. Since then I have goten a new (better) glow starter, and just earlier today I cleaned everything on the engine. Also cleaned the muffler and air filter. And still the damn thing won't start. Come to think of it, I don't think I have goten it to start since I put the new pull-start on it...

Anyone have any ideas as to what may be wrong? I can't think of anything. [:@]
Old 08-15-2005, 03:57 PM
2.5driver

Default RE: Need some help.....

i know u say u got a new glow starter, but have u checked the plug itself to see if its still good?
Old 08-15-2005, 04:38 PM
MadMax11

ORIGINAL: 2.5driver

i know u say u got a new glow starter, but have u checked the plug itself to see if its still good?
I wouldn't see why it would be bad or anything seeing as how little I have run it. Plus its only about 2 years old. <_<
Old 08-15-2005, 06:38 PM
InfinitySpeed04

Still it can wear out even by not using it.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:39 PM
*_Torque_*

i am 70% sure that ur piston is jammed, cuz if its not cranking at all thats prob most likely what it is
Old 08-15-2005, 08:38 PM
SkrapIron

First thing you should check, is if your engine is creating enough vacuum to draw fuel from the tank. If the tank has a primer pump on it, push down until you see fuel moving through the tube, towards the carburator. If you don't have a priming pump, or it is not moving, put your finger over the exhaust pipe, and pull the pull start 5 or 6 times. This will create back-pressure and draw fuel from the tank. If no fuel is flowing whne you use the pull start, check the flywheel on your pull start and verify that it is engaging the crank-shaft. You can also verify the pull start is engaging the crank by removing the glow-plug and putting your thumb over the cyliner head. You should feel pressure when you pull the start, and engage the piston.

Once you verify the fuel flow, you next have to look at the glow starter. It is powered by batteries, and depending on the number of batteries should read 1.2v ( on a multimeter ) or 2.4v. If you pull the plunger and get no voltage, you have a bad battery.

If you have good voltage, the next place to check is the glow-plug. You can pull the plug from the cylinder head, and place it in the glow-starter. Pull the plunger and watch the plug. If it glow's, it's good. If it doesn't glow, and you have known good batteries, you have a bad plug.

Beyond the glow plug, it could be the carbeurator, or the piston compression, but both are extreme cases, and highly unlikely.