Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 03:30 PM
*_Torque_*

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!

ok my rustler wont run for crap. i pu the electric start to the back of it and all it will do is crank up and as soon as i let go of the button it stops. so i figured hole in the fuel hose cuz i couldnt see any of it going to it. i checked it and theres no hole. what else could it be... cant be the spark plug can it.. its only 4 days old!??![:@] please help???
Old 08-16-2005, 03:45 PM
SkrapIron

Default RE: HELP!

First thing you should check, is if your engine is creating enough vacuum to draw fuel from the tank. If the tank has a primer pump on it, push down until you see fuel moving through the tube, towards the carburator. If you don't have a priming pump, or it is not moving, put your finger over the exhaust pipe, and push the start button for 3 or 4 seconds. This will create back-pressure and draw fuel from the tank. Also verify the push start is engaging the crank by removing the glow-plug and putting your thumb over the cyliner head. You should feel pressure when you push the start, and engage the piston.

Check the starter. Both lights should be on. If they are, but go out quickly, check that the carbeurator is not flooded. The Traxxas engines will have trouble starting if too much after-run oil is put in it. It is common for the starter to crank for 2 seconds, then fail. If it does, pull the glow-plug, and push the start button. This will help to clear any accumulated oil, and fuel.

If you have good voltage and a cleared carberator, the next place to check is the glow-plug. You can pull the plug from the cylinder head, and place it in the glow-starter wire. Push the start button and watch the plug. If it glow's, it's good. If it doesn't glow, and you have known good batteries, you have a bad plug.

Beyond the glow plug, it could be the carbeurator, or the piston compression, but both are extreme cases, and highly unlikely.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:09 PM
*_Torque_*

thanx ill test it out right quick
Old 08-16-2005, 04:14 PM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

Skrap, I didn't know you were a nitro guy to! [X(] I was gonna say almost exaclty as you said, minus the "push the start button" part...I prefer pull start or flip start.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:37 PM
SkrapIron

Just because I prefer electric, doesn't mean I don't know anything about nitro. ( See my former RC10GT, Duratrax Maxximum MT, Nitro Stampede, and Kyosho Inferno ).... ( and my Easy beaver glow plane, my F4U corsair glow plane, my senior falcon 4 stroke plane )

Happy to suprise ya!
Old 08-16-2005, 04:58 PM
InfinitySpeed04

oooo I like surprises it it by b-day already
Old 08-16-2005, 09:34 PM
*_Torque_*

well it wasnt any of that but i got it runn'n i still have no clue what caused it tho but thanx anyway
Old 08-17-2005, 12:27 AM
nitroman111

well i have a rusty to as you know. but mine will start up after i hit the prime button. but i would try to hit the prime and see if it will start. but i woukd try that and let me know k or pm me. Good Luck!!!!