RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

nitro evader spur problem...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 08:08 PM
aznhustlerboy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitro evader spur problem...

the other day i broke my rear suspension plate..i replaced it now...but i musthave done something cause the mesh between my spue/clutch bell was alittle off. i know because today when i drove my car the spur gears teeth got rounded off....the problem is 2 of the screws on the botom of the engine mount are stripped and i cant slide/adjust the engine. and i am having trouble taking out the 4 screws directly beneath the engine head...so im screwd both was?...i know something is wrong cause i can get half the screws out using one Allen wrench....but the remaining 2 are a little big...like they got stripped. is there any other way to adj the mesh??? can i move the transmission or something?
Old 08-18-2005, 09:07 PM
thestratcat
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: nitro evader spur problem...

are the heads of the screws stripped or are the holes that the screws tap into stripped? I'm a bit confused on this part..

for gear mesh, take a paper towel (not a thick one, but a regular one) double it over, work it between your gears, put the gears snug and tighten the motor. When done, work the paper towel out and you should have a near perfect mesh..

(for the perfect mesh, with the gears spinning, take a lighter to the plastic ones and warm it enough to melt with the other gear giving you the ultimate mesh..)
Old 08-18-2005, 09:24 PM
dicko

sounds like you need to get a dremel & cut a groove in your screws so that you can get them out with a screwdriver. i wouldn't use heat on the gears. mace sure your back plate is seated properly, if it isn't it can put the spur on a slight angle which can cause it to wear. the new back plate might be slightly different shape to the original, especially if it is a different colour plastic. if you change the backplate youwill most likely have to re align the mesh for your spur gear. using the paper trick is a good start, you want a small amount of play between the spur & clutch bell, you don't want them to be too tight that it won't spin freely, or too loose that you rip the top off each tooth on the spur.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:56 PM
jkulhanek

Sounds like you bent the chassis.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:28 PM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: jkulhanek

Sounds like you bent the chassis.

Ditto
Old 08-19-2005, 08:56 AM
aznhustlerboy
My Feedback: (3)

well if i did bend the chassis....its no biggie to me (unless my car breaks in half) cause i can adjust the motor to get a good mesh...if i can get the stripped screws out. i used an allen key for the first couple screws then on the last ones the hexagon on the tops were a little too big for the key i was using, and i cant find another key that will fit. Also i had the same problem on the top 4 screws directly beneath the engine head...the last one wouldnt come out. AARRRRGGHH!![:@]

Well i guess i gotta blow some of my birthday money at my lhs.[:@]
Old 08-19-2005, 09:24 AM
savageman90
My Feedback: (12)

all part of this hobby
ORIGINAL: aznhustlerboy

Well i guess i gotta blow some of my birthday money at my lhs.[:@]
Old 08-19-2005, 09:41 AM
David D

A bent chassis can cause big problems if it isn't replaced.