Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

convert my rc10gt to .21

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 01:10 AM
luvmyrc10gt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default convert my rc10gt to .21

ok guys i have a rc10gt and right now i have in a traxxas engine of some sort in it not sure the guy at the hobby shop installed it for me but im thinking about converting my car to fit a .21 and putting a mean engine in it from 2.5-2.9 hp or should i just go with a big smallblock like the epic .18 1.8 hp

i only use my rc10gt for backyard bashing and i want a engine that is big and bad. im also going to be getting aluminum clutch plates and a 18 tooth pinion and a 54-56 tooth spur gear what else would i need to upgrade to get the power planted to the ground?
Old 08-21-2005, 09:27 AM
ICrashThings

Default RE: convert my rc10gt to .21

for a .21 you will need the conversion engine mount. You ccan find that on newera.com site. Then you would need to upgrade your tranny to all steel gears. Most likely get the steel spur and clutch bell from RRP because a stock plastic spur and a regular clutch bell will grinned down with that engine. Aluminum clutch shoes would be next. Oh and you will need a new exhaust setup for that .21 because the stock pipe/manifold are too small. So you are looking at about roughly ~$350 right there for a decent set up.

Or you can just go the smart way and throw a .18 OS in the truck with no additional upgrades...drops right in too. Probably around ~$100-130...matters what and where u get it.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:57 AM
David D

If you still want some more power than the .18 cv-r gives you could get the .18 tz which is the most powerful small block made. It has more power than some .21's and drops right in.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:35 AM
luvmyrc10gt

yea ive been considering that engine( O.S. .18 TZ Turbo) it produces 2.28 hp which is most likley the engine that i will go with. with the 18-20 tooth hardend clutch bell and a steel 52-56 tooth spur im estimating a top speed somewhere around 60+ that or i might just set it up for some insane take off power and master my wheelies
Old 08-21-2005, 11:55 AM
ICrashThings

ORIGINAL: luvmyrc10gt

yea ive been considering that engine( O.S. .18 TZ Turbo) it produces 2.28 hp which is most likley the engine that i will go with. with the 18-20 tooth hardend clutch bell and a steel 52-56 tooth spur im estimating a top speed somewhere around 60+ that or i might just set it up for some insane take off power and master my wheelies
i doubt 60mph...maybe around 50-55