Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Nitro Sport SE(new beginner)

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 05:00 PM
twoviper8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro Sport SE(new beginner)

Hi, I am new to this site and nitro rcs. I have had many electric rcs (including my fav., Xmod)but i felt that they were't giving me the full potential as a gas rc would. I have recently purchased a !QUOT!Traxxas 1/10 Nitro Sport SE Stadium Truck RTR!QUOT!. I am wondering, do anyone else have this, if so wat do u think about it? this is the page where it was purchased !QUOT!http://www.hobbytron.com/Traxxas-1-10-Nitro-Sport-SE-RTR-Package-Deal.html!QUOT!.
Since I am new to this I have several questions.
wat is the maintenance on these?
r there any mods or parts for this model?
can i use regular gas or do i have to use the nitro(i have 20% Nitro)?
will the engine overheat in grass(am i only able to drive it in dirt , sand and asphalt)?
Do u have any tips on these rcs?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated
thanx
Old 08-29-2005, 05:25 PM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Nitro Sport SE(new beginner)

1. After running, its good to let the truck cool, and put some after run oil in the carb and the glow plug hole. Before running, be sure to oil the air filter, and check for any damage from previous runs (like missing e clips or something)...theres more in which I'm sure someone else will explain

2. Since I don't own that partictuar vehicle, I wouldn't know

3. USE NITRO FUEL ONLY. In fact, to keep your TRX Pro .15 Engine warrenty, ONLY USE TRAXXAS TOP FUEL. When you send in your engine for warrenty repairs, they can tell if their fuel has been burned by the residue on the engine. I'd recommend 20% fuel.

4. As long as your not running in grass for a really long time, and you don't just revv it up when it gets stuck, then yes. Be sure to cut cooling holes in the windshield and left window in the body.

5. Ya, keep 'er clean, keep nitro out of the sun etc etc...and HAVE FUN!!!
Old 08-29-2005, 05:36 PM
nitroman111

i have almost the same truck but i have a nitro rustler. just like ibrakefornobody said. but i never put after run oil in mine. also if you have the ez start make sure you have a charger for the stick pack!! thats really important. 3rdly i have to pay 9.99 for my 20% quarts and 29.99 for a gallon of traxxas top fuel.

there you go have fun with your new truck!!
revokid!!
Old 08-29-2005, 05:40 PM
twoviper8

wat kind of oil? can i buy it at the store or do i have to order it at hobbytron.com or a hobby store
Old 08-29-2005, 05:41 PM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXL391&P=ML]After Run Oil[/link]
Old 08-29-2005, 05:44 PM
twoviper8

actually yes, i do have the charger most of the supplies came in the package.
Old 08-29-2005, 05:51 PM
twoviper8

i also want to know how to break iin my particular engine (is it the same for all engines) can you buy feul at a any hobby lobby because i only have a pint of feul
Old 08-29-2005, 05:55 PM
yoster

just break it in how the manual tells you to
Old 08-29-2005, 06:30 PM
nitroman111

ORIGINAL: twoviper8

i also want to know how to break iin my particular engine (is it the same for all engines) can you buy feul at a any hobby lobby because i only have a pint of feul

you have to buy it at you lhs (local hobby shop)
Old 08-30-2005, 09:06 AM
The_Collector

After run oil is just Auto Trans. fluid.
If you are nice to the engine it came with, you shouldn't have any problems. The most imprortant point here is to follow the directions per the manual.
Mod parts are available. I recommend holding off on the upgrades 'til you are comfertable with driving the truck.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:31 AM
gerwen

Google is now your friend. Read as much as you can about your truck, and about nitro engines and rc cars as possible. It will prepare you for the problems you will have. (and you will have problems)
Read as much around here as you can, there's tons of great info. RCuniverse is one of the best resources on the net.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:01 PM
twoviper8

ORIGINAL: The_Collector

After run oil is just Auto Trans. fluid.
If you are nice to the engine it came with, you shouldn't have any problems. The most imprortant point here is to follow the directions per the manual.
Mod parts are available. I recommend holding off on the upgrades 'til you are comfertable with driving the truck.
really thats what it is. so i can just buy that (Auto transmission fluid) at walmart or a local auto store right?

Also is it good to lube the parts of my rc with WD-40 cauze i read in a website that it is not good to use it in the one way bearing?
(I have graphite, is that a good lubracent)
Old 08-31-2005, 02:34 PM
nitroman111

ORIGINAL: twoviper8

really thats what it is. so i can just buy that (Auto transmission fluid) at walmart or a local auto store right?

Also is it good to lube the parts of my rc with WD-40 cauze i read in a website that it is not good to use it in the one way bearing?
no after run oil is not atf (Auto transmission fluid) after run oil is wd-40. duh!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2005, 11:00 AM
twoviper8

wow so i guess nobdy else has the same rc as me
Old 09-01-2005, 10:11 PM
The_Collector

Revokid...by all means, spray WD-40 into your carb, nobody is stopping you. Unless your joking.

I know for a fact that the Hobbico brand is ATF, and most likely other brands are using the same or similar.
As for the one-way bearing, WD-40 will clean it, but you should apply something like machine oil/ 3 in 1, etc. to keep it working smooth.
WD-40 is more or less just a cleaner, it is too light to lubricate anything
Old 09-01-2005, 11:47 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

WD40 is perfectly adequate as an afterrun oil. and cheaper than normal AR oil. my engines last 7 gallons or more

and viper, i had a nitro sport, good lil truck.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:09 PM
twoviper8

what about vasoline for lubricating anything

and what about graphite
Old 09-02-2005, 08:37 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

no, and no.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:26 PM
econ909

dont use wd-40 it contains a verry lil bit of water read about its contents just buy the A-R oil and read as much as you can take it slow. you dont need to have the gas on full blast all the time, keep it lean/smokey/cool running. read about how to ajust your carb and after run treatment mostly everything else is easy its just keeping the engine happy. try not to drive your rc car is small places you will need alot of room to get used to the fun of nitro!!! its to much at first....
Old 09-02-2005, 09:53 PM
RaVen1357

Hi, I am new to this site and nitro rcs. I have had many electric rcs (including my fav., Xmod)
Hey, I'm in the same boat, except for the new to the site part. I recently got a used Nitro Sport SE. But I've spent most of my time cleaning and fixing it up so I din't have much of an opinion on it yet.

I don't know much about engine maintience yet, but rinse the dirt out of any moving parts of the chassis to keep it running well. I use an old toothbrush to help with this.

Some upgrades are available, but just learn to drive the truck for now. Traxxas would be the main supplier of hop-ups and they have a list of them on their site.

NO, this is a bad idea.

Have fun!
Old 09-03-2005, 02:58 AM
Trbo323

THe nitro sport is basically a downgraded rustler, the carb is easyer to mess with but doesnt have the full potential there and the chassie is weaker, as for mods go with a tuned pipe, i recomend Traxxas tuned pipe (i dont recall exacly what its called) its blue and comes with the header and conecter, Dont quote me on this but i believe its possible to make a sport into a rustler the engine is the same but the chassie is different, besides that i think all the mounting points are the same, If you are looking for a ton of parts let me know i am selling my rustler ( TONS of extra parts including paddle tires and an engine for parts) the engine that is in it isnt working too well but a new piston and sleave set would solve that.

The best piece of advise that i can give you is to take some time and learn how to tune your engine yourself (a temp gadge helps a lot) it will save you a lot of headaches
Old 09-03-2005, 09:28 AM
econ909

if your looking to spend money on your nitrosport just get a used gt and it will save you alot of time and all the saved time will be you driving your truck more than fixing it. why is that dude selling his rusty? prolly messed up like the rest lol[>:]
Old 09-03-2005, 09:58 AM
RaVen1357

learn how to tune your engine yourself (a temp gadge helps a lot)
How would I use a temp gauge to help with engine tuning?
Old 09-03-2005, 04:51 PM
Trbo323

The .15 engins can run as high as 300 (this is not recomended though) mine usually ran around 210-230 and it had CRAZY acceleration the temp gadge lets you know the temp of the engine (obviously) so you know if you can lean it out any more to get more power out of it I believe the sport only has a high speed needle so all you would have to do is lean it untill it is running about where you want it (factory setting for the rustler is 2.5 turns out i ran at a little over one) You can usually find a good infa red temp gadge for about $40 (go on ebay and try to find one cheaper)

Econ: the engine in my rusty got messed up cuz someone ported it and some sand managed to get in plus its just old these things happen after 5 years the rusty and the sport are great to learn on and are pretty decent for the price not the best racing rcs but then again I dont think traxxas ever really expected people to race these things
Old 09-03-2005, 04:54 PM
econ909

did you take the bearing out of the engine and clean them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.