Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

This sucks, I need some help

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 11:02 PM
JatoWeazel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This sucks, I need some help

Whats up guys, I took the jato out today for some bashing and some jumping with one of my buddies. This place where i ride is full of dirt it's an old bmx track me that my friend cleaned and shaped up. It's a dusty kind of dirt, hard mostly but like a 2" layer of sandy loose stuff on top. I get home and i see the AIR FILTER was off for the last idk how many tanks...[] the air filter is so hard to get off this thing unless you pull it sideways i have no idea how it came off just drivin around. So what do i do? the hole for the air filter in the car has alot of dirt on it on the inside, do i just have to rebuild it or should i wait a week or two and just buy a new engine?Do i need a new carb? I didnt mind the 2.5 i thinks its pretty good if its cheaper to keep it then ill just do that. How do i rebuild it what do i need?This really sucks and i just spent so much money on bs for it... i have to wait like a week or two before i fix it[&o] thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46991.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	317368   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg16449.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	317369   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze86507.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	317370  
Old 08-29-2005, 11:05 PM
JatoWeazel

Default RE: This sucks, I need some help

the third picture is pretty blurry but you can see all the dirt[sm=crying.gif]
Old 08-29-2005, 11:08 PM
jkulhanek

Take the engine apart and check for damage. I'm 99% sure the engine is toast, but have a look anyway.

I think your cheapest option would be an O.S. .18 CV-RX.

Oh and make sure you put a zip tie on your airfilter next time.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:12 PM
JatoWeazel

yea, i'm going to clean it first tomorrow then ill take it apart...i want an engine thats equal or more power as the trx 2.5, like i said i had no problems with that engine. Is it still possible i could rebuild?

Thanks, I'll keep the zip tie in mind
Old 08-29-2005, 11:19 PM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

Wow that really sucks...you can try cleaning it out...pray ya got lucky and didn't scratch the cylinder all up....I'd give Traxxas a call too....air filter shouldn't be falling off it.....make them toss you a new 2.5...those air filters hold pretty tight...don't see how it fell right off so I'd get ahold of them...
Old 08-29-2005, 11:20 PM
jkulhanek

If I were you i'd ditch the TRX2.5

They might have good power, but the engine life, reliability, and power is no match for an O.S.

The O.S. .18 will last much longer than a TRX2.5, put out more power, and will be easier to start and FAR easier to tune. Not only will it be easier to tune, it will HOLD a tune, meaning you barely need to ever touch the needle.

I will never buy anything but O.S..... I love them.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:22 PM
yoster

Of course you can rebuild. That is always an option. After a piston and sleeve and main bearing.. you might be close to a new engine tho. Sometimes other brands such as duratrax makes pistons and sleeves much cheaper than OEM.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:27 PM
JatoWeazel

badz you think they would do something like that? that would be sick, i doubt it though...just clean out the carb?and take off the cooling head take a look? jkulhanek have you ever had the trx? if so, in what? also what do you have the o.s. .18 in? thanks guys
Old 08-29-2005, 11:38 PM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: JatoWeazel

badz you think they would do something like that? that would be sick, i doubt it though...just clean out the carb?and take off the cooling head take a look? jkulhanek have you ever had the trx? if so, in what? also what do you have the o.s. .18 in? thanks guys

I'm almost positive they'll do it...they really stand behind their product, a air filter shouldn't just fall off it...thats what caused the dirt coming into the engine and ruining it if it's ruined. You put the air filter on properly and it fell off Traxxas more than likely will cover that. Don't email them or post to their message board....call them up. I've had great success with Traxxas support in the past on the Monster Buggy parts issue's and they've always come through sometimes even giving the parts to me free cause they had stock issue's.

Your worst case issue is you'll need to use the replacement warranty...$105 for brand new engine...you can't purchase another engine for that much that will drop right in it without mods.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:44 PM
JatoWeazel

yea i guess youre right, ill give them a call tomorrow...see what they say then ill go from there thanks man... im goin to sleep
Old 08-30-2005, 05:45 PM
RAGE 5

if you have to use the replacement plan you can get a trx 2.5r instead
Old 08-31-2005, 02:49 AM
pizzaboy611j

yes your right rage 5 i was thinking that today. But unfortunately I ordered an O.S. .18 TM at my lhs. This guy is real nice to me so i dont want to dick him over...What do you think trx 2.5r for $105.00 or the TM which is $200 from my guy. I read the review of the Revo with the TM and it looks good so i don't know what do you guys think?
Old 08-31-2005, 02:51 AM
JatoWeazel

lol that was my post i made an account for my buddy today on my comp sorry [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]