Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

New here! first post need some imput.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

New here! first post need some imput.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 11:56 PM
sandmbmx88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here! first post need some imput.

Hi, Im new to this forumn but not to R/C I have a few electric boats and a avistar plane and a extra 300s low wing plane and ive had a bunch of r/c cars and trucks come and go over the past 5ish(??) years ive been into this.
Anyways, I just picked up a nitro evader for 70$ it was very hacked together with zipties and missing alot of screws and what not. I got it all together and cleaned and stuff but i was having alot of problems with the motor, I talked to the guys at duratraxx and they siad it sounds like theres to much piston to wall clearence and im loosing compression. very reasonable explination for what is going on. He siad it should be under warranty just send it in with proof of purchase and stuff. I was like uhhh heh. So thats out of the question i guess cuz i bought it used. There is a bmx track with like 13 foot table tops and a ton of fun banks and stuff. That is the main reason i got the truck. So what are my options here. I could obviosly get a new sleeve/piston kit but it doesnt sound like these motors last very long. What are my options for upgrades and how with the car handle it. Id like to not have to do to much maintnence besides breaking stuff but i know thats a strech. So has anyone been here before that can give me some advice?
Sorry about the long rambling post! Thanks alot --joe
Old 09-02-2005, 01:04 AM
mydartswinger

Default RE: New here! first post need some imput.

If that is your problem, the way I see it, you have 2 options. First, rebuild with a new sleeve and piston kit like you mentioned. Second is to buy a new motor. You can find a decent new engine for about $100. If you have any intentions of racing the truck, you will need to install a .12. If you want to just bash, you can install a .15 or a small .18(like the O.S. .18 CV-RX). If not racing, I would reccommend the O.S. .18 CV series engine. Tremendous power(1.36 advertised HP) in a quality, low cost motor($109 through Tower Hobbies). I'm currently working on installing one in my RC10GT. It's kinda being a PITA due to some clutch/flywheel/crank issues, but nothing I can't work out. If you search around on this forum, you'll read a lot of good things about this motor. Re-gearing for this motor is almost a necessity though, since it has a lot more power than factory and will cause the tires to spin. If you want some more info on a specific engine, do some searches through the threads here on it, and if you don't find anything, post a new thread to get some. I hope this helps in your search. Have fun with it.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:43 AM
sandmbmx88

Alright thanks, That sounds like a good idea. If it ever saw track time, it wouldnt be for racing just for fun. 100$ isnt bad but is it going to break anything on the truck? I already geared the truck up a bit for a little more top end but the clutch is stock and looks TERRIBLE. Would anything NEED to be upgraded on the truck? thanks again -joe
Old 09-02-2005, 12:33 PM
mydartswinger

You'll probably want to replace the clutch then, [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2294418/anchors_2294418/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#2294418]this[/link] clutch is what was recommended to me. I don't personally have this clutch yet, but it will probably be my next clutch. You may want to look into steel gears from Robinson Racing, if your truck doesn't already have them, due to the increased power. Before you purchase this motor, make sure you have the correct clutch nut for it. I'm not certain that I have the correct one, and it's causing me headaches while installing it. Just by installing this motor, you shouldn't cause any more breakage(except for crashing at higher speeds). Just keep in mind that you might want to look into upgrading your gears like I mentioned before to the steel gears. This .18 is has the same outside dimensions as a .15(it's in a .15 case), so it'll screw right in without issue. If you wanna check out this engine, [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=000590686&I=LXGGP7&P=K]here[/link] it is on Tower Hobbies site. Hope this helps.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:26 PM
sandmbmx88

I have an evader though. will that clutch work for me?
Old 09-02-2005, 05:09 PM
mydartswinger

Read page 2 post #40 by Frost of that thread. There he talks about putting it on an evader.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:10 PM
Snipin_Willy

I got the ssrc clutch from a rustler to fit on my evader. It's like magic!
Old 09-02-2005, 05:20 PM
sandmbmx88

I dont get it, why isnt there a good clutch out that is made for the evader? Is there not a big aftermarket for this truck?