Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Racin' the JATO?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 02:07 PM
AddictedPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racin' the JATO?

I am going to be buying a JATO in the next week or so. It will be my first nitro car/truck. I would like to get into racing RC. (Yes, I know a total newbie will suck at it.) But I think hobbies are about having fun and making friends. I like compatition even if I am not any good at it. It is like a multi level goal. First few races the goal is to finish. Next few races try not to finish last. And So on.

My questions:
What classes can you race at events? (I keep seeing ROAR are there other Off Road racing bodies)
What are the main limitations to each class?
Do they have a novice class?
Can you run anything you want in novice?
Could I set up a JATO to run more than one class after I get out of Novice? (More track time and experance)
Like in Motorcycle (WERA) you can race a 600cc bike in the 750cc class you wont win but you get track time.

Thanks,

Addicted
Old 09-02-2005, 06:19 PM
paperclipracer
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Racin' the JATO?

well it depends where and who your racing. if your just racing for fun with some friends dont worry about the rules. IF you go with one of the national clubs like roar rc pro etc etc, you can no race the jato and to have to follow certain specs and rules. classes at events depends on what the place is runing, some or most places have a novice class, but reall the jato out of the box is not a true race truck you will have to modify it some. your never going to get indo 2 gear. try the rc10gt or the xxx-nt something along that line, and there cheeper then the jato and made better
Old 09-02-2005, 07:39 PM
Unbreakable207
My Feedback: (1)

"and made better"

That's what youuu think...

Your going to want better tires right off the bat, this will get you going. Check out Slaydens Jato at traxxas.com too
Old 09-02-2005, 11:36 PM
paperclipracer
My Feedback: (3)

i bet slaydens jato has so many custom parts on it, and no 2 speed tranny.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:52 PM
Unbreakable207
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: paperclipracer

i bet slaydens jato has so many custom parts on it, and no 2 speed tranny.

Actually no, I saw his car (race form) and it has no custom parts, just traxxas performance parts.

And yes he has the single speed.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:13 PM
econ909

the single speed tranny conversion would be your first thing for off road, keep the 2 speed for onroad for sure..
tire choice would be some prolines just goto your local track and find out what every one uses for the tracks condition.
upgrade the servos and your radio if you want to have more control and easier driving"spektrum" dx3. or you can buy one of the RTR's from TL"Team-Losi" or AE"Associated-Electrics"