Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Fuel comsumption for nitro engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 12:24 AM
laoban

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel comsumption for nitro engine

I am new to RC nitro. Can anyone tell me how much fuel comsumption for a typical .12, .15 or .18 nitro engine?
For example, how long it will last for a RC10GT or Nitro Rustler, assume fuel level is full before racing or bashing.

Thanks.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:48 AM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Fuel comsumption for nitro engine

Why would you like to know?

A RC10GT, and Nitro Ruslter have 75cc fuel tanks, or about 30 tanks a gallon. The runtime for me (I have a RC10GT) is about 3 min (WOT) or about 15 (bashing around). I use O'Donnel RTR 20% fuel, which is roughly $0.23 a tank full.

EDIT---

A electric takes approx. $0.0000001 to run per charge at 10 cents per kilowatt hour. Compare that to a nitro Got more info than you expected, huh? Sorry for babbling on and on
Old 09-04-2005, 02:21 AM
jkulhanek

I dunno if you've actually done any research Ibrakefornobody, but there is more like 50 tanks to a gallon.

Also 3 minutes?? Do you run it dribblingly rich?? Thats insane, I get approx 6-7 minutes racing, 12-15 minutes bashing.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:41 AM
laoban

Because I am thinking to get a nitro truck. Just wondering the cost of operate for a nitro truck, compare to electric RC.

So does the fuel comsumption based on the size of engine? Just like Ford Mustang comsume more gas than Honda Civic.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:05 AM
bentgear

IBFN you must be able to get fuel below cost. 1/10 scale nitro normal fuel tank is 75 CC or real close to it. At $19.00 for O"donnels 20% and the max of 50 tanks per gallon thats 38 cents per tank. Not bad all things considered. 1/8 scale buggys use 125 CC tanks.

Easy to figure, 3,785 cc's per gallon. Divide by tank size to get tanks per gallon and divide fuel cost by cost per tank.

Engine size is a major factor in fuel use, but driver trigger finger and the conditions the vehicle are running in also play a major part.

For me, 1/10 scale racing, it depends on the track size and traction. Anywhere from 5 1/2 to 9 minutes.

Ed M.