Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

video...how?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 11:56 PM
avg_joe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default video...how?

I have taken some video from my dv camcorder...I have taken it from my camcorder and put it on my computer...What program do people use to convert it from full frame uncompressed mammoth size to something a little more manageable. I have a whole variety of codecs on my comp, and I really like Divx, but the program that I am trying to use(VideoMach) does a good job of compressing the video to an incredibly small size, but I get no sound. And the sound is why I went to nitro in the first place!! I can't seem to find anything else on my computer that will compress video files for me, but I have done it in the past. Must have been one of the free trial edition versions of one of the many I have tried in the past, but I can't remember which ones worked for me and which ones didn't.
While this post may not be 'on topic' per say...the reason for it is. I would like to post a short vid clip of my rc10gt taking a couple of laps around the track in my backyard.
Thanx.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:09 PM
Wisconsin Nitro

Default RE: video...how?

answer him
i want to know 2
Old 09-05-2005, 05:53 PM
thestratcat
My Feedback: (12)

to do what you want, you need a machine with a bit of horsepower... you may be having a problem getting the video/voice right due to horsepower/equipment. I can do it with my machine, but when I built, I went fairly powerful and a decent sound card (sound card was the big improvement)

I also went to Best Buy and bought a Dazzle Capture device, I think it came with the software that I use..
Old 09-06-2005, 12:04 PM
avg_joe

I'm certain that my computer will do it, I have done it in the past. I have clips that I have captured and edited, and they all have sound, but when I try to compress it I get no audio. I am a cheapskate by nature, and don't like to spend money if I don't have to, and I want to make sure it serves my purpose, but I am not organized in my research, and I don't remember which of the trial versions it was that worked for me.[:@] If I knew what program works simply, I wouldn't have any prob shelling out a little cash, but I don't need state of the art, top of the line, blinding speed. Just something that works for a reasonable price.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:04 PM
tizdaz

Believe it or not you have a free tool if you use windows XP

Windows Movie maker (or movie maker 2 if you use SP2)

very simple, allows you to edit/add effects etc & convert
Old 09-14-2005, 10:59 AM
avg_joe

All that I can get out of windows movie maker is .wmv, though. Correct? Or am I missing something?

I have a new trial edition of MedianSoft Joiner-Converter that I am toying with right now. I have made some clips with some success, but I am not getting the compression level that I want with any quality. I am trying to figure out how to use Divx 2 pass. Again, I have done it in the past, but...DUH.[:@] I'll get it eventually, but I haven't been spending much time in front of computer lately cuz it has been nice out, and I would rather drive my RC10gt than talk about it.

I think I am gonna go to the FMP (Fast Movie Processor) website and see if there is something newer than 1.41. I like the program, and I don't remember this being a prob before, but now that I think about it, it is possible that I was using FMP on Win98, maybe I haven't used it in XP Pro.

Also, I am not running service pack 2 either.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:11 AM
avg_joe

Dude, that vid of the .28 in your truck is SICK!! kudos

I have a Sharp DV that I bought off of U-Bid, and it didn't come with the software, and I wasn't gonna shell out $80 for some slick pre-bundled 'Special Edition' dumbed down software that doesn't give me what I want. Maybe not the most positive attitude, but I have gotten many versions, of U-Lead Photo and Video, and the likes from printer, scanner, digicam, digividcam, etc. that come with installation disks with 'exclusive bonus software'.
I have been on the hunt ever since[>:]
I will find it.
I will learn it.
I will come back later and say, Now how the hell did I do that before[:@].
Old 09-14-2005, 11:17 AM
zabooza

Try Blaze Media Pro.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:18 AM
tizdaz

Movie maker allows you to save/export at alot lower quality, this in turn lowers the overall file size... to give you an example of one i did a while back:

Original file: 600+mb

After using movie maker to do my editing (including adding an mp3 track/effects ofc!) i exported it & overall file size was just over 100mb.. the quality wasnt as good as the original due to the smaller file size, but it was good enough & the picture was clear

In move maker, when you click Save..it gives you 4 options:

High Quality (biggest file size)
Medium quality
Low Quality
Other - Shows you a list

I used Low Quality as this made my file just a little over 100mb from the original 600+mb...best bet save it using medium quality & low quality then compare the file size/quality

The other program thats good for video editing/exporting is DivX www.divx.com take a look