Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Wont stay still

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 05:01 PM
Wisconsin Nitro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wont stay still

Hi im having a problem with my xxx-nt i put a new O.S. .15 into my car along with a stinger exast pipe brokeit in but now the car wont stand still

ive tryed a buch of different needle settings and the onley one that works to keep it from moving while ideling kumpletley renders the motor powerless so that it can just barley move when at full throtal

im preetey shure that there might be an air leak in the motr it sellf and not at the carb because it was working fine a couble days ago then i went of a jump the wrong way and smashed motor head first into the blacktop road

has this happened to anyone else at all whats the solution?

(PS) motor is O.S. .15 CV
Old 09-05-2005, 05:54 PM
A.B.U

Default RE: Wont stay still

Check your throttle trim, and you may want to mess with your idle screw a tad bit.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:00 PM
losixxx-nt

maybe the clutch spring is weaked try another one
but if the engine is reving up when it shouldnt then you have a problem with the engine
not the spring
Old 09-06-2005, 07:03 AM
gerwen

I can think of two possibilities. Idle speed too high, or a broken or worn clutch spring.

Idle speed could be caused by the trim on your radio being set above idle, or the needle settings could be causing it. Set all the carb needles back to factory settings, and tune from there.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:12 AM
SOOJIAN

I have the same problem with my .12cv. I think that the carburator is some how broken. I cant get it to idle without the the tires spinning madley. If i adjust the idle screw it just shuts off or revs uncontrolable. I have the 10-E carb.I have reset the screws about 10 times but nothing helps.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:54 AM
zabooza

My friend was having the same problem with his MT2 yesterday. Come to find out that one of the plastic pieces that connected to the throttle linkage was cracked and bent.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:30 AM
gerwen

ORIGINAL: SOOJIAN

I have the same problem with my .12cv. I think that the carburator is some how broken. I cant get it to idle without the the tires spinning madley. If i adjust the idle screw it just shuts off or revs uncontrolable. I have the 10-E carb.I have reset the screws about 10 times but nothing helps.
With the car off, pull the air filter off and look down into the carb. When at idle, there should only be a 1-2 mm opening to allow air in. Any more than this and your idle will be high.

Does the car die when you keep it from moving while it is idling? Might be your clutch is engaged at idle. Pull the clutch bell and examine the clutch to see if the spring is broken. (If there is one on your clutch.)
Old 09-07-2005, 10:16 AM
supersly_jones
My Feedback: (-1)

dido
ORIGINAL: gerwen

With the car off, pull the air filter off and look down into the carb. When at idle, there should only be a 1-2 mm opening to allow air in. Any more than this and your idle will be high.

Does the car die when you keep it from moving while it is idling? Might be your clutch is engaged at idle. Pull the clutch bell and examine the clutch to see if the spring is broken. (If there is one on your clutch.)
Old 09-07-2005, 01:47 PM
SOOJIAN

There is no spring in my clutch but my shoes look a little worn, could this have any effect on it engadeing?There is just enough opening in carb for it to idle and when i lessen it the engine dies. But it is idleing to high with the small opening.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:02 PM
losixxx-nt

There is no spring in my clutch but my shoes look a little worn, could this have any effect on it engadeing?There is just enough opening in carb for it to idle and when i lessen it the engine dies. But it is idleing to high with the small opening.
this is in a xxx-nt right
there is supposed to be a spring the holds the two shoes together
and the centrifical force of the rotating engine opens the clutch shoes up to engage the clutch bell
with out a spring the shoes are constantly engaged with the clutch bell.

you can get a spring but it comes with the shoes at your lhs and will cost around $8
here is what it should look like

http://www.teamlosi.com/Products/Def...rodID=LOSA9362