proudamerican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Can Beat a Jato

What can beat a jato.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:48 PM
ICrashThings

Default RE: What Can Beat a Jato

Anything and everything if you have a good driver.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:49 PM
A.B.U

Non-crappy 1:1 cars, 1/10& 1/8th touring cars, some buggies, and other STs. The Jato isn't the fastest truck out there, fyi.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:50 PM
jkulhanek

Beat it how? around a track, in a straight line?
Old 09-05-2005, 09:07 PM
SkrapIron

On the track, in the street, and in a parkinglot. Even an electric truck or buggy with a low end brushless motor, and a good battery pack will beat a Jato. Fact of life. The Jato isn't the greatest thing ever.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:09 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: jkulhanek

yeah, or a race to see which truck busted an a-arm or balded their stock tires first. If that were the case, nothing would beat it!
Old 09-05-2005, 09:18 PM
SkrapIron

ORIGINAL: TheHamburglar

yeah, or a race to see which truck busted an a-arm or balded their stock tires first. If that were the case, nothing would beat it!
ROTFLMAO!!!!!![sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

Old 09-05-2005, 09:21 PM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: proudamerican

What can beat a jato.

Every trash talking idiot that doesn't own one can, but of course they can't prove it.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:26 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: badz

ORIGINAL: proudamerican

What can beat a jato.

Every trash talking idiot that doesn't own one can, but of course they can't prove it.
I don't have to own it to hear about problems that 80% of jato owners have.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:35 PM
SkrapIron

I don't own it, My father-in-law does.

I've raced it every way from sunday (dirt track, parkinglot track, paved oval). It's slower than a brushless powered electric. It is slower than an HPI 18ss. It is a big disappointment. It is awful trying to race on a track. The 2 speed transmission is a joke. The stock components are brittle, and the stock tires are junk. It has NEVER hit the advertised 55+mph.

He sold his Revo to buy a Jato. He wants his Revo back.....And I won't buy the Jato from him.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:46 PM
SkrapIron

And how do I know about the brushless electric being faster? My old RC10b4 topped out at 61mph on 10 gp3300 cells, and a Feigao 6s brushless motor.

The same motor in my new Losi XXX-BK2, with a Kokam 3s2p li-pol battery pushed the buggy to 66.4mph... with a single speed transmission.....

So Badz, yeah I can prove it.....
Old 09-05-2005, 10:36 PM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: SkrapIron

And how do I know about the brushless electric being faster? My old RC10b4 topped out at 61mph on 10 gp3300 cells, and a Feigao 6s brushless motor.

The same motor in my new Losi XXX-BK2, with a Kokam 3s2p li-pol battery pushed the buggy to 66.4mph... with a single speed transmission.....

So Badz, yeah I can prove it.....

Don't see any proof...your all talk so far....where's the video? 66.4mph electric? Prove it IF you can. Talk is cheap which right now is all you are...shut everyone up and prove it. BTW ANYTHING can beat a stock RC when it's hopped all up...but I'll believe you when you can prove your trash talk, which you'll never do.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:14 PM
Snipin_Willy

I the the Jato is cool, but it's just another ST. This is why I'm getting into club events. Rules and regualations. No two-speed, no .15's. Take those away from the Jato and see what you have; another ST. I'm wanted to get something BIG next, like the HPI baja buggy that due out.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:39 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

my XXXNT AD2 will outrun one around a track and in a short drag race
Old 09-05-2005, 11:51 PM
econ909

the engines they come with are good the 2.5 and 2.5r for the revo
Old 09-06-2005, 12:53 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

i hate the 2.5. plus, a stadium truck that isn't race legal does ME specifically no good
Old 09-06-2005, 02:12 AM
dicko

my rc18t will beat a jato. & who ever sticks with something stock???? the first thing you do is upgrade stuff. if you check out the video thread you will see plenty of vids showing buggies & cars being clocked at rediculous speeds. i've seen the rc18t do 81mph. insane & fun, but useless on a corner or track at that speed. i run my 18t at 40% throttle to get it rond a track, while i run my B4, ST & 1/8th buggy WOT. the Jato isn't spectacular, just like the twin engine monster truck, it's new, that's all.

just my 2 cents.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:32 AM
SkrapIron

ORIGINAL: badz

Don't see any proof...your all talk so far....where's the video? 66.4mph electric? Prove it IF you can. Talk is cheap which right now is all you are...shut everyone up and prove it. BTW ANYTHING can beat a stock RC when it's hopped all up...but I'll believe you when you can prove your trash talk, which you'll never do.
I most certainly will prove it. I'll even video it against the Jato.

By the way, you can do the math yourself while you're waiting.

The Kokam 3s2p battery produces 11.1v @ 60amps continuoius draw. The Feigao 6s motor produces 5915 rpm per volt ( Kv )
Mutiply that rpm with the battery voltage, and you have 65,656rpm.

Now divide that RPM by the final drive ratio, in this case 9.31:1 and I am delivering 7,052rpm to the drive tires. Multiply that by the roll out of my tire (3.45" diameter x pi=10.8384" ) Divide by 12 ( inches in a foot ) Mutiply times 60 ( minutes in an hour ) 382165 feet per hour, and divide by 5280 ( feet in a mile ). That tells me that I could have a possible top speed of 72.379mph. Now that number is entirely theoretical, but is most certainly possible.

Now, what did I clock mine at with my Garmin E-Trex GPS? 66.4mph. I'd take a picture of it for you, but you'd say I faked it..
Old 09-06-2005, 10:31 AM
zabooza

ORIGINAL: TheHamburglar

ORIGINAL: jkulhanek

My tires balded quickly, I'll agree to that.... But a-arms? The only things I've busted are turnbuckles.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:18 PM
Jea3

Love threads like this. Most people that hate it, hate anything that comes from Traxxas. So lets take a better look at this? Broke an A-Arm? Don't hit anything. Anythings going to brake if you hit something!!! Bald tires? Come on, every single RC car / truck will need tires. Anyone that has ever had a real Mustang / Camaro / Firebird / Corvette will know what I'm talking about. Lots of power to the rear wheels, means lots of $$$ for tires. Electric going as fast? Heck yea, but with alot more money involved. Oh yea, I hear ya, you can shop here for this, there for that. But I can go to my LHS and get a Jato for around 360. Lipo's need special charger, power source, ect. ect.

Keep in mind this is a ready to run truck. So lets look at the RC10GT Plus. Great truck. Not legal to race, as it has a .15 also. XXXNT RTR? Also not legal to race, .15...

Do you guys forget the main reason for a truck like this? Get people into our Sport / Hobby as easy as can be. They get in, want to go faster, so they buy hop - ups. Then before you know it, they want to build one. Then they look into the RC10GT Team Kit, or the AD2.

So for what this truck is suppose to do, it does it very nicely. And by my radar gun, it is hitting 55 mph. With CVEC's pipe, I've seen 59 mph in much shorter distance.

cvec-racing.com
Old 09-06-2005, 12:28 PM
zabooza

Excellent post, Jea![8D]
Old 09-06-2005, 12:48 PM
SkrapIron

My Charger ( Duratrax ICE ) can charge any battery. NiCd, NiMh, LiIon, LiPol. So, no I don't need a special charger. The charger costs just $129, and can be gotten for as little as $89.00 with discounts and coupons from Tower Hobbies.

As for what I spent? Buggy Kit $189.00. Feigao 6s Motor $70.00. ESC $149.00. Radio and reciever $75.00. Considering that the Jato is $359.00 as an RTR, a brushless powered stock buggy ( stock kit chassis with no modifications )is reasonably priced at $483.00.

I'm working with my nephew, and we are currently outfitting his entry level Evader Pro ARR with an entry level brushless system ( novak 5800 ). The truck, brushless system, and radio have cost a grand total of $375.00. The outfit is a legal racing truck ( yes, the Novak system is legal brushless), but It will be run with gp3300cells for racing. With a 2s2p LiPol battery, I'm expecting speeds of around 40mph out of an entry level truck, with an entry level brushless motor. Everything came from Tower Hobbies, so there wasn't any shopping around.

The initial cost of electric is higher ( charger and batteries ), but the actual cost of the fully outfitted kit is comperable to most nitro. Plus, after I've absorbed the initial cost of the batteries, I can use them over and over, in mutiple trucks. Once you burn nitro, it's gone.

As for the Jato's purpose? It isn't an entry level nitro. Not by any stretch of the imagination. It is marketed as a high performance RTR, for those who bought the entry level stuff earlier, and now want something faster, without having to build a kit. I'd rather build a kit.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:03 PM
Jea3

Guess you never worked in a Hobby shop then, eh?

and radio have cost a grand total of $375.00
And then add that ICE charger, what do you end up with? $475 or higher?

Now I'm not against Electric, as I also race a Corally RDX. But my main form of racing is 1/10 nitro touring, with my Mugen MTX3 ProSpec.

But for me to get with some friends in a parking lot, I'll use my Jato. All stock other than my pipe. Fast enough.

My fastest car? Nitro powered MTX3.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:04 PM
SkrapIron

Don't get me wrong. I like nitro too.. After completing the HPI MT2 18ss kit that my neighbor bought, I liked it so much, I bought one for my self!

Along with my current T-Maxx, it's now the 5th nitro I've owned in the last 10 years. ( I'm not going to include my glow powered airplanes either. ) I never said I hated nitro. I just prefer electric in 1/10 scale RC.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:13 PM
SkrapIron

No, I haven't worked in a hobby shop. But I support them with my weekly visit, trying to keep 6 RC trucks and buggies and 3 planes running...

As for the charger and batteries, no I don't consider them part of the vehicle cost. Just like you can't factor in the initial cost (and the continuing cost )of nitro. There is the cost of a kit, and the cost of support equipment. The batteries and charger are part of the support equipment.

Kit for kit, I just want to point out that the cost, and performance is about the same.

I spend more time on the track, than I do running up and down parkinglots. When I do, that's what my Feigao powered buggy is for (since it is not race legal). I only use it at the track, when I get some nitro hot-head that simply cannot accept that an electric can be as fast, or faster than their nitro.[8D]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.