Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Setting up a HPI MT for off road racing

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Setting up a HPI MT for off road racing

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 01:57 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setting up a HPI MT for off road racing

Up till now all I have done is bash. I went to a very technical track yesterday for the first time and let me tell you any one can bash but it takes time as well as skill to run on a track. Is here any one here running an HPI MT2 on an off road track? Mine is actually a MT1 Racer but I have up graded to just about to HPI MT2 SS standards other then the engine that is an OS .15 CV-RX. The track I will be running at is hard packed with silk on top but during races they do wet it down.

I understand different tracks take some what different set ups but would like to get peoples opinion on a starting point. Is any one running differential springs on the track or do people recommend leaving them out. Should I run hard tire inserts or soft? Which shock spring, tires, shock oil and so on.

Here is a link to the track I will be running at but the pictures does not really do a good job of showing how technical it is and it is a couple years older now.

http://www.boyztoyzrc.com/

Old 09-09-2005, 02:11 PM
rushdude
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Setting up a HPI MT for off road racing

Due to the fact that the mt isnt raceable, I dont think you will find any set-up online.

When you are at the track, see what the nitro stadium guys are using in the rear and use that all the way around. For racing you dont need as thick of a shock oil for bashing so I would go with something like a 40/40 combo or a 30/40 front/rear. Your ride height should be about level for the front and rear.

More technical changes wont have much of an impact of how you car handls. The biggest things would be tire choice and practice.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:15 PM
rushdude
My Feedback: (1)

From the looks of the track, losi step pins or ifmar pins.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:40 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

At this tack there is a class I can run it in right now. I run 30-weight shock oil in it for bashing even in my Savage. I have tried heaver and it does not work as well for bashing to me. Have not experimented on the track yet.
Thanks for your input.