Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Starter box vs. pull start

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 12:20 PM
scarpones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starter box vs. pull start

Hey I just bought a MT2 18SS, it is my first RC Car, but I've been into planes for several years. I just want to know everyone's opinion of the Duratrax Starter Box

http://www.duratrax.com/caraccys/dtxp5760.html

Also...has anyone tried this on the MT2? How well does it work and worth the money?
Anyone with any experience with it I would really appreciate the input.

Thanks
Old 09-30-2005, 12:33 PM
yoster

Default RE: Starter box vs. pull start

I have the same exact one. Works fine. Battery that comes with the RTR lasts forever.

Just so you know, basically, a starter box is a starter box. The only major differences is motor size and box type. If you're considered about brands, don't worry about it. There is an Ofna starter box that looks identical to that DTX one only it is black. They are in actuality the same exact thing.. made by the same people.

I personally like the box because its a bump starter and glow starter all in one. I also use it to hook up my MKII top fueler to it for quick fill-ups.

It can also be adapted to use with any type of 1/10 trucks or cars. The posts can be configured to fit any car and the engine position can be moved to fit both engine mount styles.

A guy I know even uses it to start his 1/8 buggy's.. so its got some decent turning power.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:35 PM
scarpones

Default RE: Starter box vs. pull start

That sounds good, anyone else with any experience?

Anyone know somewhere cheap to get them?
I'm in in Toronto, Can btw