Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

RC10 vs MT 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 01:38 AM
DigiT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC10 vs MT 2

So a friend and I bought our trucks maybe a week ago and broke them in just as our companys suggested. We have gone threw a gallon of 20% between the two of us and I would say our trucks are pretty well broken in.. Just recently we decied to find out whos is quickest both on the road and dirt, going straight and in the turns. I want to stress I dont think my MT 2 is tunned right but im a little afraid of going anymore more lean.. It will heat up to 220 to 250 after a full tank of HARD running.

Anyways.. when we line them up and go down the road and back, his rc10 will smoke mine with only half throttle. His car is extremely fast and I cant understand what is going on. I have read several times were people say the two should be neck and neck or even that the mt2 is a bit faster. I want to know if you guys think there is something wrong here or is that how it should be. It just seems no matter what the situataion his car is more than twice as fast as mine..

A bit of how my car runs. When it takes off it will rocket off for a few feet, hit a slump for a bit and sound weak and then, slowly it will hit what sounds like another gear? lol, get to its max speed, which isnt that fast. My buddies will spin his wheels and just keep going pulling and pulling and pulling. Its stupidly faster than mine..

Well I just wanted to see what you guys thought.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:08 AM
thestratcat
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: RC10 vs MT 2

I'm interested in seeing where this thread goes.. my MT2SS will be in tonight..

if you don't get an answer by this weekend, I'll compare it with my RC10 and see what happens..

Old 11-16-2005, 10:12 AM
avg_joe

It sounds like it's still a little rich. Give it a little more time to completly break in. Some take a bit longer than others.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:59 PM
DigiT

I was wondering that.. We havent temp gunned my buddies rc10gt but I know it gets REALLY hot, the spit test yeilds a good sizzle sometimes.. However he has alot of blueish smoke from his exhuast, which was always a sign of running good, or so I thought.

As far as mine goes, im not sure what the deal is.. It will get hot like numbers posted above but that after running wide open or extremely hard for a full tank. Like I said im a little nervous to lean it out anymore but I know it cant be acting right. It also makes a bit of a whistling sound when it takes off, best way to discribe it is, the sound of a supercharger spooling up. Im just at a lost with how weird it acts.. (nothing like any other nitros I have seen or had, (only have a savage)).
Old 11-16-2005, 05:39 PM
f150dan
My Feedback: (18)

If you have a MT2 RTR with the stock motor, then the GT will smoke you. You might have a little more top speed, but he will pull so far away from you on acceleration that you probably won't catch him. You gotta think, the 2 trucks have the same size motor, but yours is 4x4, heavier, and has alot more restrictive pipe stock. You can make yours outrun him but it will take more mods. You can get a 12t clutchbell, HPI racing clutch, and any tuned pipe is an improvement (especially if you port match the header) if you want to keep running the T-15. Or you could just drop in the OS .18 CV-RX.

Those 2 trucks are in a total different category though. The MT2 .18SS should be a different story though. It should definately beat the GT on top speed.

If you want to loose some weight on your truck, get lighter wheels and tires. Then pull off the front bumper, roll bar, spur gear skid plate and that little pullstart holder if yours is rotostart.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:29 AM
JoJoDaKilla

Yea Im the guy with the RC10GT and mine just blows his away. I just got a new 24t clutch bell which is insane, im still moding it so itll fit. Its just huge, so what I picture though now with his being stock is that mine just simply wont accelerate at all. Therefore he will get the chance to get me on the low in, but I still think it will just catch him and blow him out of the water. The whole thing with running hot, yea were cheap and just do the spit test, and sometimes my does the whole sizzle dealio. Ive had to RC10GTs and theres just something about this one that just makes it stupid fast compared to the other one I had. All it has is the restrictor thing in the carb taken out, and a different air intake. I dont think those 2 things are going to matter all that much.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:37 AM
DigiT

I put in a raceing clutch today.. I wonder what size clutchbell I can add to mine... I still think im haveing tuneing issues though.. I guess I could lean her out and if the motor dies.. oh well time for cv-rx os style.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:54 AM
JoJoDaKilla

Yea I just have to kick your ass in a straight line thats all
Old 11-17-2005, 06:11 PM
f150dan

ORIGINAL: DigiT

I put in a raceing clutch today.. I wonder what size clutchbell I can add to mine... I still think im haveing tuneing issues though.. I guess I could lean her out and if the motor dies.. oh well time for cv-rx os style.
What clutch setting did you use? I would suggest the 2nd or 3rd hole in the racing clutch. Also, if you wanna regear it, you need to go smaller on the clutch bell or larger on the spur gear. The stock gearing is 13/52 I believe.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:35 PM
DigiT

what are your recomindations for the CB and spur? I guess the best all around. As far as the the clutch goes.. I used the normal setting or the 1st hole for now. I wanted to see how it fars up. Now however I get a horrid grinding noise not sure whats going on.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:07 PM
f150dan

ORIGINAL: DigiT

what are your recomindations for the CB and spur? I guess the best all around. As far as the the clutch goes.. I used the normal setting or the 1st hole for now. I wanted to see how it fars up. Now however I get a horrid grinding noise not sure whats going on.
Using the 2nd or 3rd holes will let the motor stall up before it engages and pulls out (which is what the T15 needs.) As for gear reccomendations, I would suggest 12t CB with the stock 52t spur. If you get the OS motor one day, then 13/47 would be a good combo.