Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

this is a tuff one.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 10:36 AM
DigiT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this is a tuff one.

I know this is a repost but its aimed at two diffrent groups so please hold of on flaming I want to get a broad selection of help

Need a bit of help makeing a choice.. As of now I have a HPI savage and HPI MT2.. I was thinking of getting an os .18 for the MT2 because its slow as dirt and I wanna be able to run atleast as fast as my buddies buggies out there. I really love the MT2 for its own reasons, its just slow as hell.

My question or "choice" is get an OS .18 motor and supporting hardware or Get the Hyper 7 Buggy (I choose the hyper 7 because tower hobbies has it on easy pay) and dont want to spend almost 500 bucks all at once.. My other reason for looking at a buggy is pretty simple, ITS A BUGGY. lol Tuff as nails, fast (so I would think) I dont know much about the hyper 7 but I would think it could hold up next to like a mayhem or something right?

I was just wondering what you guys think I should do.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:48 AM
f150dan
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: this is a tuff one.

I don't know if you read any of my posts in the Official MT2 thread, but I busted a Kyosho 1/8 scale buggy's but in 3 different dragraces and a homeade flat oval track we made in my yard.

The OS .18 CV-RX is absolutely the best engine out there for the MT2. But I do have to admit, it seems like the buggy is tougher then my truck, and it was alot easier to drive and control. So if you like your truck right now then get the OS motor and outrun your buddies. But if you want to get into racing then the MT2 is kindof an oddball and most LHS's don't have a class for it, so you might want to get a buggy. Its whatever your happy with though.

Old 11-27-2005, 11:02 AM
DigiT

no doubt.. I have read alot of your post and you have been a HUGE help to lots of quesitons with the mt2. I think I will just have to do both lol. Just the os will come alot sooner.. Thus far the mt2 has been fun but its just so much slower than my buddies rc10gt (no matter how or where we drive them) and the buggies... forgetabout it.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:07 AM
f150dan

ORIGINAL: DigiT

no doubt.. I have read alot of your post and you have been a HUGE help to lots of quesitons with the mt2. I think I will just have to do both lol. Just the os will come alot sooner.. Thus far the mt2 has been fun but its just so much slower than my buddies rc10gt (no matter how or where we drive them) and the buggies... forgetabout it.
hahaha, it won't be anymore with the OS .18

Is yours the .18SS or RTR?
Old 11-27-2005, 02:05 PM
JoJoDaKilla

It's the RTR version. I have the racing clutch installed and a set of hd diffs that will be on order with the motor

Editi sorry this is DigiT on a friends comp, I forgot to sign him out.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:49 PM
David D

I would say either is a good option, but if your friends have buggies than you might as well get one too. The hyper 7 is a great choice, and is extremly durable. I have had, and ran almost a gallon of hard bashing, and only broke a shock shaft. This bashing also includes jumping it twenty feet in to the air, whith no landing ramp or anything.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:08 PM
f150dan

DigiTorder a extra pack off diff shims when you order those HD diffs. You never can tell how many shims you will need, and I didn't have enough.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:20 PM
DigiT

Good call.. ^