Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

will someone please help out a new guy plz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

will someone please help out a new guy plz

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 02:37 AM
synthetic003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will someone please help out a new guy plz

hey everybody how r u all?? i need a few hints n tips as far as what i can do to have one of the fastest truck around here. at tax time i am thinkin of buying a jato from traxxas i have never drivin one of these trucks before or any nitro car for that matter but i have seen them in action plenty of times n know they r expensive to keep but i dun care i want one no i aint some spoiled brat just really really interested in these cars. an i will have roughly a 1,000 to play around with the rest of my half of taxes is goin to my pc i am buildin this yr will cost roughly 2500 for me to build it the way color n style i want so any way is there any upgrades or engine sizes n models that you all could recommend to blow the ones who r spoiled brats out of the water??? any thoughts n ideads n suggestions is greatly appreciated........please keep in mind i am a newbie to all this stuff so i beg of u to be a lil specific so i can understand some of it sry reply is so long

thank you

by the way this is the link as to the traxxas jato i am gonna get

http://www.rcboca.com/product.php?productid=25115

Old 12-02-2005, 03:15 AM
CarTireDragbike

Default RE: will someone please help out a new guy plz

Ok If you want to make I fast you came to the right place. Mine still has the stock motor. Plenty fast for me. But they say that the OS .18 Tm is a great engine. I also have heard that the Cvec single chamber pipe is good. I did not want to spen that much on a pipe. so I went a different way. Deff get a new set of tire when you get it they don't last. If you have any other question PM me any time.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:21 PM
RcRacer37E

First figure out what your going to do, I mean, race or bash? Then are you going to ROAR tracks or just a local track that will let you run any engine. If its a ROAR rules track, the engine size are .12 to .15 limits. The jato stock is fast, and it falls into the rule book, but there are other engines that make it look like an electric truck.
Also, no amount of bling bling will win you races, practice and torque wins you races. In my eyes, OS makes the best engines for the buck. The stock jato will do you just fine until you get the swing of it, might save a few bucks and get a rustler, OS engines run from 100 to 250 plus and they will just bolt right in.
This was my first year, I ran the rush evo, good tuff truck, now its under going a make over big time. I still have some learning to do at the track, but everyone does, no matter how good we are.
Thats just my take, good luck.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:30 PM
Whoa G

if u have 1G to play with get a Savage
just my humble opinion
Old 12-02-2005, 04:58 PM
thestratcat
My Feedback: (12)

stratcat says:

a fast truck will come mostly from the person driving it.. a good driver and a semi-fast truck will usually smoke a fair driver even if he has the fastest equipment available.. don't worry so much about your all out speed at this point, start reading about setups, and adjustments and then learn to drive the truck.

(just my 2 cents)

Old 12-02-2005, 05:01 PM
E-snake
My Feedback: (2)

Take a look at some other trucks besides the Jato. The Jato is fast out of the box, but if you have an extra 1000 to spend, look at some other trucks. The rctogt is well proven and their are parts galore for it. I have a rush evo and like it. In stock for it does about 37mph. The jato claims to do 54mph, but those are manufacturers numbers and probley aern't real accurate. The nitro evader is also highly thought of. Any truck can be made fast with a bigger engine and a better pipe. Remember though that most stadium trucks are basicaly the same.
oh, and try to use sentences with periods

Ethan