Newb Jato Help Please.

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb Jato Help Please.

Hello all,

I just finished breaking in my jato...

i have a few questions for the vets.

i want to keep my rear rims... what compoud can i replace it with. stock is not a option i balded them in one day.

and is it me or is the throtle servo weak...i am running reglar battery pack.

how do i fix the push when on power. (real bad understeer)

POST LINKS IF POSSIBLE THANKS IN ADVANCE

p.s
pm's help too!
Old 01-01-2006, 10:20 AM

Default RE: Newb Jato Help Please.

*bumppppp*
Old 01-01-2006, 01:28 PM

also why does only one rear tire bald or unload and theother is fine?

is there a way to fix this?
Old 01-01-2006, 02:41 PM

Only the stock traxxas tires will fit the rear rims, because they are of a unique style. They are 2.8 inches instead of the usual 2.2. So you will have to change them. Tyr the stock rustler rims, similar in design, but still look good.
Old 01-01-2006, 02:46 PM

as far as the push when on power theres not much you can do for it other than try to move some weight to the front of the truck. thats pretty much the way all stadium trucks are. if you still run the stock front tires you could change to blades or something similar. but you would have to get some rustler rims because they are 2.2 inch tires.
Old 01-01-2006, 05:50 PM

The rims as used on the Jato do look awesome, but they are a strange fitment, one which is designed solely for use with Traxxas's own 'Victory' tyres. I have seen people mount 2.2" tyres onto them though, but cutting of the tyre bead is required and I would not recommend attempting to cut a brand new set of tyres unless you knew what you where doing.

With regards to the understeering, this is a normal charecteristic of a 1/10 RWD Stadium Truck although there are a few things you can do to minimize the effect. Depending on what surface your running on a change of tyres will go a long way, then I would also recommend a receiver pack to increase the performance of your steering and throttle servos, this will give the steering a more responsive feel and also increase your throttle/brake action. Once you have a battery pack you can then play about with the weight balance by moving it into the central compartment, this shifts the weight more towards the front and increasing the traction and giving more steering. The downside to this though is that you sacrifice rear traction, and you may find yourself spinning out more in corners if the grip from the tyres isn't there.

Having one tyre wear faster than the other isn't un-common, your probably just driving it turning one way more than the other.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:28 PM

thanks alot for the help guys.

i am def gunna get the reciever pack... is it the one for the revo?

i know thease must be stupid questions cause this is my first 2wd ST so it is a learnin process [&o]

so for now ima gunna use either the agitator rims from proline and some road rages or speed hawks
or w.e they are called...

my primary usage for my jato is on road. the only reason is i have 2 1/8 scalde off road cars (savage, buggie) and i am not a fan of the major oversteer (alltho alotof fun) i will stick to the pavement.

so i am defnitally gunna look into the blades after the fronts wear down and like i said the read is undecieded

thanks again for all your help and probally will need some more down the road
Old 01-01-2006, 08:46 PM

ORIGINAL: ScGRacer

that is normal, because you prob run it more on one side, meaning you turn like right more then you do left, so it wears it down, slow servo is the battereis going dead
Old 01-01-2006, 09:31 PM
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: Nitro Rustler Racer

that is normal, because you prob run it more on one side, meaning you turn like right more then you do left, so it wears it down, slow servo is the battereis going dead
No its becasue of the way the diff is set up from the factory.

Take a look at this thread: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3711090/tm.htm

And then take a look at page 44 in your Jato manual. You can tune it to perform better.

Old 01-01-2006, 09:35 PM

ORIGINAL: claudacio

No its becasue of the way the diff is set up from the factory.

Take a look at this thread: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3711090/tm.htm

And then take a look at page 44 in your Jato manual. You can tune it to perform better.

ok so look at it this way....when you turn left, weight of the truck goes to the right, putting pressure on the rear right and front, front left and rear left dont have alot of pressure, so the rear left starts to spin cuz of the diff, so the tire rubs against the concrete, which all equals to uneven tire wear
Old 01-01-2006, 09:50 PM

I guess that could be correct if he wasnt looking for a solution. Maybe he should just "slap some grease" in his diff and that would fix it? The dude is looking to fix the same problem I was dealing with, which you so generously gave your slap some grease in it quick fix solution.

Yeah I guess if you turn one way more than the other one tire is going to wear more than the other, but how about if he puts a heavier diff fluid or heavier shock oil in the diff and both wheels spin in sync most of the time creating more equal tire wear? wouldnt that be a better response than I guess you turn one way more than the other, thats normal?
Old 01-01-2006, 10:30 PM

thanks claudacio i will look into different soluitions.... didnt mean to start a war between guys []
Old 01-01-2006, 10:45 PM

Theres no war, I have been around this forum for a short time and I've seen more bad advice here than I have seen collectivly anywhere else on the web.

I would rather say I dont know, or just say nothing at all than just say something stupid or unhelpful. From what I understand these forums to be, is somewhere for others to HELP each other in our hobby that we all love so much when we run into problems, or to just discuss whatever it is at the moment, not to be malicious or UNHELPFUL.

The thing that pissed me off about nitro rustler racer was, that he was just involved in another thread that I started. I wanted to know about what diff fluid I should use in my jato becasue I am having the same problem that you are having, one tire unloading more than the other. And n r r participated in the thread, so why wouldnt he direct you there, or give you some info he learned there? Beats me. But I'm glad I was able to help you out, and if I could ever help you out again let me know, I'd be happy to.
Old 01-01-2006, 11:33 PM

yes thicker grease or thicker oil or heavier wt oil will slow down the diff, causing it not to spin as fast, so your tires would wear down some what equaly, what also could affect this is your toe-in settings, but it comes stock with the correct settings, but yes thinkcer grease slows down the diff, and dude....i dont have to direct him to that thread when i can just say couple of sentences in here, rather then him going to another thread and searching, i think i have been in this hobby long enough to know what will work and what wont work, trust me i have tried alot of things, i have tested alot of things
Old 01-01-2006, 11:53 PM
Banned

for understeer problems you would have to give it a lil camber in. front of the tires closing in on each other makes the sterring more responsive especially offroad but noticble on onroad. soften the suspesnion in front. and chamber. and better tires should turn good. under power
Old 01-01-2006, 11:57 PM

yes thicker grease or thicker or heavier wt oil will slow down the diff, causing it not to spin as fast, so your tires would wear down some what equaly, what also could affect this is your toe-in settings, but it comes stock with the correct settings, but yes thinkcer grease slows down the diff, and dude....i dont have to direct him to that thread when i can just say couple of sentences in here, rather then him going to another thread and searching, i think i have been in this hobby long enough to know what will work and what wont work, trust me i have tried alot of things, i have tested alot of things
Good, I'm glad to see you are knowledgable and not a moron, but the few sentences you gave him were useless. "you must turn one way more than the other". What good does that do him, what was he gonna do from there. Say oh well, I guess Ill be spending more on right rear tires? No, you should have said what you just did to me, but as we both know I already figured out my problem and came up with a SOLUTION, he didnt. But now he did, so lets just kill it and be friends.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:07 PM

ORIGINAL: husla57

for understeer problems you would have to give it a lil camber in. front of the tires closing in on each other makes the sterring more responsive especially offroad but noticble on onroad. soften the suspesnion in front. and chamber. and better tires should turn good. under power
ima try that...its raining and i see the rear tire is getting worse....i think ima make a hole in it soon if i dont decide what to do.....im gunna keep front stock for now.....but the rear i think ima get a rain setup (eventually) and i think ima use either
Old 01-02-2006, 05:10 PM

okay well,

i tried putting some toe in....

i used the sedond hole on the c hub carrier.... didnt do much...

hurmm.... ima try and raise the front up and see what that does... but it is getting dark here and a storm is comming so it sounds like tonight i will go on a cleanin rampage!
[:@]
Old 01-03-2006, 08:35 PM

okay well i bought f and r adgitator rims now i need rubber and some foam anuy suggestons
?