revo shocks
hehehe

thanks for the imput...also post what mods i can do also

thanks guys !!!!
Old 03-19-2006, 11:59 AM
The_Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: jato.....SUPER JATO

Consider a high end radio system, like an FM that offers full adjustability, and better servos. It makes a big difference.
Old 03-19-2006, 01:00 PM
stevensj

definatly get better servos, even with fully charged batterys, the stock servo's perform very weakly, i didn't realize this untill i got my t maxx, and my throttle snaps open so freakin fast (jr racing servo) and the huge wheels on this thing turn on the ground standing still no problem (hitec). And then i thougth to myself....damnit, the servo's on the jato blew. So yes, differen't servos, get rid of the 2.8 tires, are you crazy? a roll bar? they have one stock, the ez start hooks on it, roll bar just adds weight, if you get the lightweight chassis and add a rollbar, you just cancelled out any change of having a lighter jato. Againt, don't buy 2.8 tires, get a set of 2.2 rims (rpm, pro-line, imex, etc) and get some good 2.2 tires for it. What mods can you do? that's pretty much about it, what i just said.....yea right. You could get integy shocks for it, rpm a arms, shock towers, bulkheads, titanium turnbuckles, an OS18 or Sirio 18. It's not about what mods can i do, it's more about how much do i want to spend, or how much CAN i spend.
Old 03-19-2006, 01:05 PM
-Inverted-

Dont get a 3.3, get a quality OS, better quality, and better then any traxxas motor.
Old 03-19-2006, 04:50 PM
NitroRunner

Ya I dont trust the 3.3 go for an o.s. Get a good radio like a Jr and some servos, Rpm arms help alot, Ditch the ez start. Then you should be doing alright. And is this light chassis on traxxas's website? i havnt seen it
Old 03-19-2006, 04:52 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, whats so super about it except the 3.3?
Old 03-19-2006, 05:35 PM
ScGRacer

ORIGINAL: annie_himself

im sry to me i got tired of how fast it is and i want to make it faster.... i have done the servos and have the radio (XS3) but to make my savage faster i did some cool mods to lighten it....so i was just asking.....thanks for the input

annie - what would make it super in ur eyes?
Old 03-19-2006, 05:48 PM
Matt G

A super jato basher would rock! I would get aluminum towers and carriers and stub axles, stronger turnbuckles and steel driveshafts, aluminum shock bodies and last but not least, a new body shell to paint up! This after replacing servos or all radio gear of course. As for the engine, whatever trips your trigger! I have a 3.3 in mine and so far really like it. I went with it because it's a direct drop in with existing header and everything(lazy). I don't have any os car engines but have 6 of their plane engines and have nothing but good things to say about them. The 3.3 is definatly more power than the 2.5 but I doubt 60% stronger, still a pretty good engine though!
Old 03-19-2006, 08:54 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ScGRacer

ORIGINAL: annie_himself

im sry to me i got tired of how fast it is and i want to make it faster.... i have done the servos and have the radio (XS3) but to make my savage faster i did some cool mods to lighten it....so i was just asking.....thanks for the input

annie - what would make it super in ur eyes?
Don't be sorry man, but it won't be super with a small block in it. Try making lots of custom parts, switches, remote ignition, mini petrol motor, a complete on-road conversion, something thats dosen;t concern putting in a BB and making it fast! Try a 4WD kit maybe?