RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

RC10GT Throttle Return Spring

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 03:40 PM
bud02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC10GT Throttle Return Spring

Hey all,
I just put a new OS .15 in my RC10GT and have a question about the throttle return spring. Does it go where it did on the stock motor? I put it on that way (one end to the throttle arm and the other end to a motor mount screw), but it seems really tight. Is that the correct way? Thanks!
Old 03-29-2006, 04:34 PM
crazydood47

Default RE: RC10GT Throttle Return Spring

i didnt even have one on my rc10gt when i bought it used then i put in a AE .18 vtec engine and didnt put it on nd it works fine
Old 03-29-2006, 06:00 PM
ace420

you dont need one but they help
Old 03-29-2006, 08:44 PM
gkcx

You dont need one but it would be very unwise to run your truck without one. The least that can happen is that you destroy your truck. The worst is hurting somebody seriously with your runaway truck. You can use just about any type of spring for a throttle return. If the one you have is to short you can easily find a longer one.

A friend of mine had a tmaxx that ran away at full throttle. It hit the side of a building and broke in half. Parts flew all over the place. I must say it was a very impressive crash and I got a good laugh out of it but that was the end of his brand new tmaxx and the end of his venture into the hobby.