Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Another short *Vid* of my OS .18 XXX-NT

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Another short *Vid* of my OS .18 XXX-NT

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 02:45 PM
Tmaximum375

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another short *Vid* of my OS .18 XXX-NT

Hey guys, I was out driving the other day and I made a quick short video of my XXX-NT. My brother is awful with my camera so Out of the 8+ jumps I did, he only got 1 and a half lol. Well, it was raining out at the time So I couldn't get any speed to hit the ramp at but you get the general Idea, never mislanded once even without brakes! Hope you guys enjoy it, If I am lucky I will get some high speed pass videos of my truck and some crazy jumps for today. Let me know what you think! I love this ramp! Also forgot to mention I am running 20/51 gearing in this vid, the lowest gear ratio I can go with a losi CB.

Right click, Save Target As for best quality!

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/ga...19127_4775.wmv
Old 05-26-2006, 03:13 PM
ssj2

Default RE: Another short *Vid* of my OS .18 XXX-NT

Short vid, and maybe it was my computer but the vid froze up on me a couple of times. That truck is pretty powerful with the OS 18. If you could get another vid of some more action, when you feel up to it, it would let ppl see your truck more. Otherwise, awesome vid.
PS I like the tires you have installed on the rear. Good job again!
Old 05-26-2006, 03:27 PM
Tmaximum375

Thanks, yeah, it freezes up on you a couple times because I am guessing you didn't right click and save it. Otherwise sometimes it freezes up and I am not sure why? I will try to get some action of it today if I can. Thanks again!
Old 05-26-2006, 08:18 PM
fufanu360

that was pretty sweet man, nice friggen ramp, and nice back flip too... have you broken any arms or anything with that height yet?
Old 05-26-2006, 09:47 PM
Motohead24

too short but iw ill say that is the kind of video i like to see.not senseless bashing destroying trucks for no good reason.nice ramp and good job on not overdoing it.
Old 05-26-2006, 10:41 PM
Tmaximum375

Yes, as I said, I had hit the jump about 8 times but only 2 came out okay. The other ones he zoomed in to much and you could'nt even see the car. I will try to get some footage of it tomorrow, I couldn't find the time today. So the reason the vid was short was because my brother. lol

Have I even broken a part on that ramp? I can't recall breaking to many parts on my XXX-NT with that ramp. I may have broken a rear pivot block 1-2 times and maybe an arm but nothing else. Nothing big. The highest I have jump my XXX-NT was approx 15-17 feet in the air with a distance of 65 feet (measured out). As for my T-maxx, I have broken several parts on that while jumping. A couple arms, plastic bulkheads before I bought aluminum ones, skid plates. I have Jumped my maxx Approx 17-19 feet in the air with a distance of 58 feet (also measured). The maxx seems to fly higher and go shorter. I am not sure if this is due to the shocks or what. I will try to get some vids up tomorrow. Thanks for the compliments!

What is a Good length video for you guys before you tune out So I know. Thanks
Old 05-27-2006, 06:59 AM
TEAM-JCJ

Nice vid and nice truck too. Which OS 18 is that? As in is it the TM,TZ, CV.....
Old 05-27-2006, 07:10 AM
jpep

sorry double post my computer is acting wierd
Old 05-27-2006, 07:19 AM
jpep

Stop no more videos of that sic .18tz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just got my .18 cvrx in my truck a month ago and don't want to shell out another $250 in motor and mods to get it in my truck.
That ramp is sweet, can you post your demensions for it (ht+length). The other day I had a buddy crouch down on his knees and we put a ramp propped up on his back, we had him stand up more and bend over more to try and figure out a good height. After 15-20 mins we didn't learn crap, but man I wish I had a video of my buddy, it was a riot, everytime a truck would make an attempt and would get close to ramp he'd grit his teeth and protect his face with hands. I told him forget your ugly face and cover up the family jewels.

I right clicked and saved it took about 5 secs to download I'd like to see a vid 4-5x longer I guess I could wait 30 secs to see some more action shots of your car and ramp.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:57 AM
Tmaximum375

I am running an OS .18 TZ Turbo with a rotary carb on it. I am also running an RB airfilter to get some great reliable performance ouyt of the engine. I have not yet seen temps above 205 out of this engine no matter how hard I run it. It just cools to well and I love it.

As for my ramp, It is a very simple design and wroks out great. The actual ramp or wood is a 4' by 8' piece of wood that my dad had laying around his shop so I decided to go and make a ramp out of it. The ramp is held up by three pieces of PVC tubing but my friend hit one with his savage last year on the way back and snapped it off so I have to fix it. Each PVC pipe is about 4' 8" if I can remember right and they are all set up on a hinge design and are sincronized. So if you pull on out, the other two will pull out. If you would like, I can get so pictures of the design for you later today. I will also try to get a longer video of my truck so you guys don't complain. lol
Old 05-27-2006, 01:19 PM
Tmaximum375

Okay guys, you encouraged me to fix my ramp so I did. lol

With all of the people asking for pictures, I went and put a new third leg on the ramp.

As you can see from the pictures, it is a very simple design but works like a charm.

Materials needed are:

~ 18' of 1.25" PVC Piping.
1 1.25" "T" connector for the center post.
2 1.25" 90 connectors for the two end post.
4 1.25" PVC clamps to hold the pipes in place.
1 6" by 4' longer pice of wood. (ply)
1-2 4' by 8' sheet of wood. I am using 2 sheets for strength.
PVC Cement
Several Screws and washers!

Here are the most detailed pictures I could get for you guys and I hope you get the drift. Let me know Thanks

Main view of the PVC configuration

Close Up view of left side PVC Setup.

Close up view of center PVC post Setup.

Close up view of the right side PVC Post Setup.

Close of view of washers so the Post can be adjustable.

Close up of the 6" by 4' long Ply wood on the main 4' by 8' sheet of wood.

Showing adjustability

Showing more adjustability

Showing overall height of ramp when setup.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks
Old 05-27-2006, 02:39 PM
Revten

u should sell ramps on ebay haha, so did u hit 60 yet? man i cant believe no 1 makes 21+clutch bells for losi....
Old 05-27-2006, 05:13 PM
Tmaximum375

lol

I have not yet hit 60 because I am still running this gearing. Next time I go to the hobby shop I am going to get all the stuff I need to gear it for that higher topspeed. My best so far is 55 mph. I calualted it out and in perfect conditions with my gearing and tires, the fastest my car is capable of is 57 mph so I know that my engine is running at it's top RPM (34000). With this calculation, I accounted for everything including tire expansion at top speeds and everything. The engine has no problem pulling the Gearing. Also according to my calculations, with my gearing at 24/51, my car should be capable of 70 mph. However, I am assuming this gearing should be able to pull my RPM's down a little so I am guessing I will get a best of 65-66 MPH with the gearing once I figure it out.